Home

Connected Franchise Mode Improvements

This is a discussion on Connected Franchise Mode Improvements within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Connected Franchise Mode Improvements

Legend or retired players will not be in the game except in MUT because of legal issues (EA has been sued before). Retired players are not part of the NFLPA, so they would have to do deals with each and every player......too many players.

Custom Draft classes is also legal and technical issues. The NCAA problem comes in. The ability to rename players would again get them in trouble.

Saying "2k did it with basketball" is not an answer. 2k hasn't been sued....YET. Trust me, I'm sure lawyers are looking at those games closely.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:24 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyc
Legend or retired players will not be in the game except in MUT because of legal issues (EA has been sued before). Retired players are not part of the NFLPA, so they would have to do deals with each and every player......too many players.

Custom Draft classes is also legal and technical issues. The NCAA problem comes in. The ability to rename players would again get them in trouble.

Saying "2k did it with basketball" is not an answer. 2k hasn't been sued....YET. Trust me, I'm sure lawyers are looking at those games closely.
This is 1000% not true. EA has no responsibility for what users do after the game is released. That's like saying if you purposely crash your Chevy Silverado into a house, the homeowner can sue GM. There is unequivocally no grounds for people thinking this.

EA got in hot water with the NCAA because THEY used players' likenesses in their product, and made direct profits without compensating the athletes.

Last edited by rugernator; 09-29-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:11 PM   #11
Rookie

Hello All, So I have remained quiet this year so far as I want to see how the patch and what not help the mode I play. Now I noticed this post and really agree with a lot of what we are asking for heck I really liked the "visibility or prompting by my staff where a player may be suited better as mlb rather than ss (ie can cycle thru positions when editing and over is shown without committing and red yellow green flag from staff if they support the position change for each position as you cycle" idea that was posted. I'm a huge player of the offline mode as my son and I play a team or two each and sit in the same room as a family and kill a weekend. He is 11 and I try to teach him the value of what you spend so we don't pay for extras in game once we buy one. Unless its like batman and you get a costume or extra playable levels and such. Anyway off my soap box sorry. I think that if we had a place like here where we positively give ideas to EA for the mode they might actually implement some of them. Heck I enjoyed when I could price the stadium food items town specific that's fun, little things like that make it enjoyable. We don't need playing goals we are all goanna play the game we need franchise goals. I would also like to see the OC and DC and the GM positions added that's a great idea! If I have a great offensive year I should be able to lose my guy to a team that needs him and like all good teams have to find the next big deal. I'm not sure if they can or will modify the franchise experience as I don't know from a developer what that entails, but I would be more than happy to get involved for free to work through what at least a father and son who play together would enjoy seeing. Anyway I enjoy the free play mode this year and so does my son its great and I love the fact he still almost wins but can't quite get me yet. Here's to someone hitting me up for ideas I'm an open book and Positive and motivated to work together to make the mode deep for all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #12
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugernator
This is 1000% not true. EA has no responsibility for what users do after the game is released. That's like saying if you purposely crash your Chevy Silverado into a house, the homeowner can sue GM. There is unequivocally no grounds for people thinking this.

EA got in hot water with the NCAA because THEY used players' likenesses in their product, and made direct profits without compensating the athletes.
They are also in current litigation because of 'classic teams' back in 2009. Players like Jim Brown and Vince Ferragamo (really?) are helping drive the bus.

We HAD the ability to use licensed classic players and COACHES last year, in franchise. TAKEN AWAY in M16. Major bummer for me.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:31 PM   #13
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyc

So then why does Madden still have create a player?

It is just create a draft class on a smaller and less convenient scale.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #14
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

I want a weekly wrap up show just like 2k5 had. Is this really too much to ask for? It's only been 10 years now. I can't tell you how badly I want to care about how the rest of the league is doing but EA has made it really hard to. There is absolutely nothing. I go look at stats, awards and the weekly schedule. Thats it
Old 09-29-2015, 08:49 PM   #15
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Can EA also add a rookie of the week? Should be simple and add some more depth. All the weekly awards could be tied into the wrap up show I mentioned in my prior post.

Also players who are on track to break records could have a spot on the show to view their progress. And players who make the hall of fame could be added to the final show of the year as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #16
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

I know I keep talking with back to back post so I'm sorry. But what happened to being able to view a player and seeing all his accomplishments? His probowls, awards, draft position etc. Why take that out? Can we have it back? Please

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »