Home

Updated Patch News

This is a discussion on Updated Patch News within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 05:08 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Updated Patch News

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsockalexis
I have news for you, it is a damn video game. it is not the real NFL.
A video game meant to replicate the real NFL.
Beyond that, there are video gamey reasons to make progression harder. With slow progression, drafting is far more important. Personnel choices are more meaningful.

Obviously there must be unrealistic elements in the game, no one denies that. But agreeing to that does not mean we accept that position on all issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 05:29 PM   #42
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
I'd disagree with you there. Not hard to do at all.
Do you mean by manually winning or do you mean by making a team so good that it can sim its way to a championship?

Because of course most Madden players can take the worst team and take them to win the superbowl in year 1, that doesnt mean they are a good team though.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:00 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsockalexis
I have been playing football games since tecmo super bow. i have been playing madden since madden 2000. I have been reading this forum for 10 years. never made an account because i never had anything to say that somebody here had not said already. but i want to chime in here and say that, as much as i want the game to be realistic to a point, it is a video game. people should just let this video game be a video game. i needs to be somewhat unrealistic, because that is what makes it a video game and makes it fun, at least to most people anyway.
Your concept of thinking is logical, but the main issue is with things that are supposed to work just not working. For example, on a toss play, if my lead blocker decides to just run right directly past the defender in front of him and I get smashed, that's a problem whether it's a sim game or an arcade game, and btw, that scenario I described is common in Madden. As these things get fixed, you'll see complaints lessen. But for that to happen, we have to push for them to make these issues a priority, not smother the voices of those complaining. After all, if people don't say anything, how will developers ever know what their audience wants?

Last edited by X_isBringingSexyBack; 09-25-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 2

Just a VIDEO game.. Yes, But it is supposed to represent FB.. As far as visuals, I think this is the best Madden ever made.. Being a coach mode CFM player only, I like what I see for the most part. I personally have a few issues with the game that takes away my enjoyment. First of all, I really hope they patch the FG issue, CPU teams never missing really take the excitement our of a close game.. This has been an issue for years.. OH I know they occasionally miss an extremely long one.. but any thing inside the forty is almost automatic. And if you lower the FG acc, it does not affect the CPU kickers, But makes the Human kick go straight sideways. Punts, not every punt in the NFL hits between the goal line and and the 10 yd line goes into the end zone. Punt and kick returns.. As always in coach mode. After 30 games or so, still yet to see one.. Human QB scrambling does not exist, and some of the scrambling CPU QB's never scramble, even if they are Scramblers in real life. Patch a couple of the Penalty sliders, fix the drive goal issues, patch the Sub sliders. And last but not least, let the CPU play the CPU in CFM.. That would make it as close to perfect as it could get.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:15 PM   #45
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm having a hard time resigning some players. Guys who are in the high 60's won't resign, not even for big $$$... Also a friend of mine said almost all his draft picks were missing. All he had was Round 6&7, That's terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 07:52 PM   #46
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I am really pumped for this next patch. I have little doubt it will address a lot of the little CFM bugs.

Don't touch gameplay though.

Best Madden ever and one of my top 5 sports games of all time. Yeah it's that good.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #47
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
I'm having a hard time resigning some players. Guys who are in the high 60's won't resign, not even for big $$$... Also a friend of mine said almost all his draft picks were missing. All he had was Round 6&7, That's terrible.
Should be addressed in the patch I heard
Old 09-25-2015, 08:19 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am really pumped for this next patch. I have little doubt it will address a lot of the little CFM bugs.

Don't touch gameplay though.

Best Madden ever and one of my top 5 sports games of all time. Yeah it's that good.
I was having this convo via PM recently. This Madden is absolutely stellar. Yes, some things could be improved, but this is a darn good game. It's already officially my favorite all-time football game, and that's before whatever improvements come via the patch.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »