Home

Updated Patch News

This is a discussion on Updated Patch News within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 11:55 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Updated Patch News

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Exactly. I can think of many issues that need to be addressed with gameplay. O-Line blocking logic/AI needs work, physics still need to be cleaned up a bit (still a lot of wonky stuff happening with ball carriers arms still getting bent behind their back with the ball stuck in their hand, defenders falling like rag dolls on gang tackles at times, etc...) just to name a few. The gameplay is definitely improved across the board but there's still plenty of room for improvement. I find it funny when people say "don't touch gameplay" as if the gameplay is flawless lol. The gameplay is definitely getting there but it's not completely there yet.
But the areas that need work cannot really be fixed by patches; any attempt to do so may have unwanted consequences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 01:20 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It has to be somewhat encouraging that Rex mentioned CFM is a something he wants to enhance and needs work.
For me, it all depends on which direction they take CFM. But them talking about enhancing it is much more encouraging then them not talking about enhancing it. So, I guess, I agree with ya.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #67
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
For me, it all depends on which direction they take CFM. But them talking about enhancing it is much more encouraging then them not talking about enhancing it. So, I guess, I agree with ya.
It's one of those things where they tried to make CFM a mode that would appeal to a larger percentage of their customer base, but that was an error in judgment, IMO. CFM is really a hardcore mode, not a mode that one dabbles in. So they should have just looked at their own game, Head Coach, and NBA 2K16, MyLeague and MyGM and went along those lines. Maybe they will do it now.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #68
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
In the first 3 games of my current CFM season I'm 3-0, winning 34-31, 27-24 and 30-27. Each game coming down to the last possession.

I'm actually somewhat concerned that this newest patch, may mess up the great gameplay that I have going on right now. Hopefully their are only a few tweaks and clean ups in the gameplay. Any major change in gameplay needs to be for Madden 17.
Are you using the drive goals workaround or no?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-26-2015, 03:55 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_isBringingSexyBack
Well, they need to at least try to do something about the O-line AI issues, or the defensive freezing where defenders with a clear path to a scrambling QB just freeze and do nothing, allowing him to pick up tons of unrealistically earned yards. Or the issues with kickoffs where everybody just starts trotting in slow motion (BTW, this is a glitch from Madden 09 and Madden 10)... And those are just a few of the many issues. Madden 16 is a good game, but the gameplay is far from the point that it doesn't need addressing. I wish it were at that point, but it's not.
The stuff you list are not "tweaks" that a patch will fix. Iam also in the group that thinks the game plays pretty dang well and don't want to see it possibly messed up over things better left to the next game.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2015, 04:12 PM   #70
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Exactly. I can think of many issues that need to be addressed with gameplay. O-Line blocking logic/AI needs work, physics still need to be cleaned up a bit (still a lot of wonky stuff happening with ball carriers arms still getting bent behind their back with the ball stuck in their hand, defenders falling like rag dolls on gang tackles at times, etc...) just to name a few. The gameplay is definitely improved across the board but there's still plenty of room for improvement. I find it funny when people say "don't touch gameplay" as if the gameplay is flawless lol. The gameplay is definitely getting there but it's not completely there yet.
Agreed, but:

The problem that has plagued these series since the "patch era" began?

Attempts to correct / address / improve core gameplay via patches have actually sent things into "reverse"...annually and pretty much without exception...

I'm in the "quit while you're ahead" and "be careful what you wish for" camp...

I've been doing sliders and workarounds on this forum since my join date and this is the first year where trying to improve upon default has eventually lead me back to pretty darn close to...default...

THAT is a first...

Old 09-26-2015, 04:13 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
The stuff you list are not "tweaks" that a patch will fix. Iam also in the group that thinks the game plays pretty dang well and don't want to see it possibly messed up over things better left to the next game.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
I'm not saying they are or aren't. I'm saying that we shouldn't be at the point of declaring "don't touch gameplay" with the gameplay still carrying so many issues that need touching. And to be honest, we're not really privy to the degree with which they're able to patch things. This varies from development to development, and there have been patches by developers (football devs as well, see Backbreaker) where a major patch covered those exact types of areas I mentioned.

As a consumer, all you can do is put it out there and let it be known.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 04:20 PM   #72
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_isBringingSexyBack
And to be honest, we're not really privy to the degree with which they're able to patch things.
Know your history or be forced to relive it.

Track record to date:

No Bueno re: patched gameplay in this series.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »