Home

Trying to find a certain D playbook

This is a discussion on Trying to find a certain D playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 07:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Trying to find a certain D playbook

Hello all,

Wander if someone can help here.

In last years game, the Broncos D was one of my favourite playbooks as it had a certain Nickle formation that was good on passing downs.

I am not sure what it was called, but basically, the LDE moved inside, the LOLB dropped into the LE role.

The meant with you could rush the passer with 2 DE's, a LB and your best DT pass rusher.

For the broncos it worked as that allowed them to rush Ware, Miller, Wolfe and whomever was DT.

Unfortunately, the Broncos playbook is now a 3-4.

Anyone know if a 4-3 team has this in the book or what the D is called as I'm starting with the falcons and want to be able to us this (fits their players).

Cheers for any help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 07:47 AM   #2
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Trying to find a certain D playbook

Closest I could find was New England or the generic 46 playbook.

Last edited by BB_Dynasty; 09-25-2015 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I am also thinking about a similar scheme with the Falcons -- moving Beasley to SAM and using him as a Nickel rusher, even though the Falcons currently have him as a defensive end. I did the same thing with Khalil Mack last year.

Try Mike Zimmer's Minnesota Playbook. I haven't looked at it this year, but he had a similar setup last season with Anthony Barr as his Nickel rusher. If you don't find it, then you might have to build a custom playbook. The set is called Nickel 3-3-5 SAM if you want the SAM backer to be the rusher and Nickel 3-3-5 WILL is you want the WILL backer to be your rusher.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I am also thinking about a similar scheme with the Falcons -- moving Beasley to SAM and using him as a Nickel rusher, even though the Falcons currently have him as a defensive end. I did the same thing with Khalil Mack last year.

Try Mike Zimmer's Minnesota Playbook. I haven't looked at it this year, but he had a similar setup last season with Anthony Barr as his Nickel rusher. If you don't find it, then you might have to build a custom playbook. The set is called Nickel 3-3-5 SAM if you want the SAM backer to be the rusher and Nickel 3-3-5 WILL is you want the WILL backer to be your rusher.
Brilliant. Exactly what I wanted to know.

Yes I did the same with the Raiders myself. Mack dropped to DE on passing downs with Tuck moving inside. Really good 4 man rushes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »