Home

Coaching Schemes/Priority Affects Player Ratings!!

This is a discussion on Coaching Schemes/Priority Affects Player Ratings!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2015, 03:56 PM   #73
Rookie

AMSchieffer's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 Re: Coaching Schemes/Priority Affects Player Ratings!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3

I was just curious, does anyone have any screen shots of this changing individual ratings (not OVR) like Clint mentioned? I just haven't been able to replicate it myself and am curious if I am not doing it properly. It seems like he is referring to changing the desired 'Player Type' at positions not 'Player Scheme' which we can not change, correct? Or is he saying that different player types will be rated differently under different coaching schemes. Sorry if I am asking something that has already been covered in this thread. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2015, 06:09 PM   #74
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Coaching Schemes/Priority Affects Player Ratings!!

The OVR going up or down is visible on the depth charts, the individual attribute changes are not...

And yes, Clint is referring to Player Type / Player Style...

Player Scheme doesn't change...

Player Type / Style can only change when you either change the HC scheme or edit that player...

Changing them from a LE to a RE (for instance) often, but not always, changes their Type / Style...
Old 12-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #75
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
So can i get a clear recap as I've read the whole thread and am unclear on the method.

So are you the coach to match the player or the player to the coach?

Can you edit the coach to a scheme you desire before changing the player to match the coach?

I am starting a new 32 team cfm and may create a few coaches before the season starts

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

The "basic version" is to go to your Player Progression Screen or Player Card (available in the Roster section) and jot down the Player Styles of the players in the positions that have boxes in your scheme menu...

Then go to the Scheme Menu and match the box setting to that player's style...

For instance:

I'm playing as TEN this year...

QB Marriota should be set to "West Coast"
HB Sankey should be set to "Balanced"
WR Wright should be set to "Speed"

Etc. for every position that has a box in the Scheme Menu...

You can also do that for your CPU opponent if you have 32 Team Control or use Booker's Drive Goals Workaround...

Secondarily, you will eventually find that not all of EA's Player Card suggested styles make that players OVR jump up as much as another setting will...

Although Mariota (for example) shows "West Coast" on the Progression Screen and Player Card, I found by trial and error that "Balanced" makes his OVR jump up more and makes him play better in games...

Almost every box in the Scheme Menu has a description at the bottom of each player style that tells you where the boosts are...

For example:

West Coast has a short accuracy boost / Pocket Passer has an overall accuracy boost / Strong Arm has a throw power boost...

There's multiple options for every position...

So:

You can set the players to their EA noted style OR set them to the setting that makes their OVR jump the most OR set them to the setting that makes them play more to the style you prefer for that position...

For instance:

Your LDE is a 4-3 Run Stopper, but you want him to rush the passer more effectively, so you try "Speed Rusher"...

LOTS of options and combinations available through this interface...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 06:26 AM   #76
Just started!

players who play in the right schemes will have higher OVR rating, but it doesn't change any other ratings, just the OVR.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:32 AM   #77
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSchieffer
I was just curious, does anyone have any screen shots of this changing individual ratings (not OVR) like Clint mentioned? I just haven't been able to replicate it myself and am curious if I am not doing it properly. It seems like he is referring to changing the desired 'Player Type' at positions not 'Player Scheme' which we can not change, correct? Or is he saying that different player types will be rated differently under different coaching schemes. Sorry if I am asking something that has already been covered in this thread. Thanks!
I've only tried with a few HBs, but I'm not seeing any change in their attribute ratings when I change the coaching scheme for offense (Power Run, West Coast, etc.) and coach's player preference (Power Back, Speed Back, etc.) to match a HB's Type and Scheme listed on his player card. It seems to be just like the main developers have said years (paraphrasing): Schemes affect Overall ratings but not attribute ratings; Overall has no affect on gameplay but attrubutes do."
Old 12-12-2015, 07:01 AM   #78
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
I've only tried with a few HBs, but I'm not seeing any change in their attribute ratings when I change the coaching scheme for offense (Power Run, West Coast, etc.) and coach's player preference (Power Back, Speed Back, etc.) to match a HB's Type and Scheme listed on his player card. It seems to be just like the main developers have said years (paraphrasing): Schemes affect Overall ratings but not attribute ratings; Overall has no affect on gameplay but attrubutes do."

their is no change to attributes.
only thing that can change attributes is confidence, xp and regression.

scheme will show a different overall but you can find the real one ingame.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #79
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Millennium‏@MillenniumOS

@ClintOldenburg But is it more than just the overall? Like maybe Route Running for a West Coast scheme (As an example)?

"Clint Oldenburg*‏@ClintOldenburg

@MillenniumOS yes, not just OVR."

So what I'm reading is that it does change things "under the hood".

Last edited by D81SKINS; 12-12-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #80
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

I will be frank about this...EA greatly messes up the coaches scheme so I think they should just get rid of this "feature" It messes up the players in the team and they end up cutting the better player. I am talking specifically the Safety and in this instance Antrelle Rolle from Chicago. He cuts cut every time. I know I know....32 team control fixes that...but if that really is THE answer (doing this long and annoying workaround) then that in itself is a problem. Again...DCEBB and a few of us need to be present during some of these roundtables. We may not represent the whole body of buyers but our minds mixed with theirs could be one heck of team. Especially since I would do it for free and pay my own way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »