Home

What was the best single season you've ever had in a Madden franchise?

This is a discussion on What was the best single season you've ever had in a Madden franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 10:14 PM   #9
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What was the best single season you've ever had in a Madden franchise?

Madden 99. I had spreadsheets on my monstrous desktop in my tiny bedroom of my team with their key attributes, years remaining and if I liked them or not.

I drafted in like year 6 a wide receiver name Smith (I called him Smitty) he was a 99 on speed and like 87 catch but everything else was average. He was only like a 79 overall but he was completely unstoppable.

Then an injury happened and he never came back, I believe, it was a career ending injury but I wasn't sure if Madden had that so maybe it was a season ending. Pretty sure it was career though.

Broke my heart. He was so nasty, my best draft pick of all time, but he was fragile.

I think 16 is my first year back real deal with franchise. I couldn't be bothered with practices and xp, but, hell, this game plays really well in my opinion.

Hopefully this draft my adding durability (if that is an attribute) will save my nasty draft picks. Just poured out a little of my 40 for Smith (Smitty).
Old 09-28-2015, 11:02 PM   #10
Rookie

ksteward84's Arena

OVR: 0

Madden '99? The first year franchise mode was a thing. I played that sucker until the end.

I went with the bucs, and on the 15th and last season allowed I won my third Super Bowl. The game winning drive - Going for it on 4th down, I made a pass just short of the first down marker on an out route, and I did a juke move upfield and my stud 1st round WR pick from 3 years ago did a tip-toe animation (that I had never seen before in a madden) and got the first down that lead to a victory.
College Football Revamped
Fire Pro Wrestling World
Old 09-28-2015, 11:39 PM   #11
Rookie

RobD4477's Arena

OVR: 1

Madden 16 Started a random franchise with the Chargers. 15-1 record, Phillip Rivers MVP, Gordon rushed for 1300 yards 13 TD's, Woodhead for 700ish 12 TD's. Made it to the AFC title game and lost to the Pats in a nail biter.

Sports Director @ the Student-Run Radio Station on the Campus of Kent State.

Have called Football games at Penn State and Clemson, Baseball games at Florida International and Basketball games at the Quicken Loans Arena, including the 2017 MAC Championship Game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #12
Rookie

Madden 07 when Michael Vick was arguably the greatest Madden player of all time and virtually unstoppable. I was ranked top 10 in online play and in a season I remember he had over 5,000 passing yards and 3,000 rushing yards lol
Old 09-29-2015, 08:51 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Madden 99. I had spreadsheets on my monstrous desktop in my tiny bedroom of my team with their key attributes, years remaining and if I liked them or not.

I drafted in like year 6 a wide receiver name Smith (I called him Smitty) he was a 99 on speed and like 87 catch but everything else was average. He was only like a 79 overall but he was completely unstoppable.

Then an injury happened and he never came back, I believe, it was a career ending injury but I wasn't sure if Madden had that so maybe it was a season ending. Pretty sure it was career though.

Broke my heart. He was so nasty, my best draft pick of all time, but he was fragile.

I think 16 is my first year back real deal with franchise. I couldn't be bothered with practices and xp, but, hell, this game plays really well in my opinion.

Hopefully this draft my adding durability (if that is an attribute) will save my nasty draft picks. Just poured out a little of my 40 for Smith (Smitty).
Oh the memories .. I want to say it was Madden 08 or so, I drafted a HB in the 2nd rd who was essentially unstoppable 96 speed, 88 elusiveness as a rookie and he had a "severe concussion" one week that was listed as CAREER ENDING.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:52 AM   #14
Rookie

BB_Dynasty's Arena

I had two really good ones in Madden 13 w/ the Bills. They were brief unfortunately, but still fun.

The first one I lost in the first season in the AFC divisional round to the Broncos (Peyton Manning shredded me) but I found a QB named Dallas Johnson in the 2nd round to replace Ryan Fitzpatrick. The next season my offense was unstoppable, undefeated, Super Bowl.

The second one I decided to roll with Tavaris Jackson instead of Fitzpatrick. He was a Pro Bowl QB throwing 36TDs. I won the Super Bowl year 1. I actually let him walk in FA and NOBODY signed him. I brought him back on a 1 year deal after the draft. During the draft I wasn't able to trade up and get the QB I wanted. However, I got a WR in the bottom of the 1st named Akia Green who was the best Madden WR I've ever played with (99 speed + 88 release = unstoppable). Halfway through the next season I quit because it was too easy lol.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #15
8bit Super Macho Man

Nuke LaLoosh's Arena

I can't remember anyone specific season but I believe it was the year Culpepper was on the cover. I made a team, used the shield emblem. Colors were green, black, white, similar to Marshall's uni's. With that said, I played one franchise. Never restarted. Played ever game. Guys I drafted were retiring, I played so long. I broke all the career passing records and I think I fell just short of breaking the career rushing record. That was tough because the RB's attributes dropped off quickly after he turned 30. I still remember the QB and RB's names. QB- Travis Shields University of Indiana, got him in the 2nd RD. RB- Henry McDaniel out of Purdue, 1st RD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 01:44 PM   #16
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am a bit jaded I guess, but when I have gone 16-0 in video football games, it isn't fun at all. By week 8 or 9 I begin to realize I probably need to tweak difficulty settings, but don't really want to open that can of worms so I just finnish the season as is....kind of ho-hum.

For me the best season are those 9-7 struggles where every game is a dog fight. You pay close attention to the out of town scores hoping to squeeze into that last playoff spot etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »