Home

Drive goals don't give out conf like before.

This is a discussion on Drive goals don't give out conf like before. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 06:02 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Drive goals don't give out conf like before.

My goodness.... Started a new CFM post patch #2. In the previous CFM I'd played about 5 games without the work around then started using the solo work around. Confidence for every player on my CHI team was high (90s). In this JAX CFM I can certainly tell the difference. 1-2 after 3 games and didn't have a chance against NE just now. Final was 10-38. I got those 10 late in the 4th quarter in garbage time. Whew. I like it though.

Using the opening day rosters in the previous CFM, I had CHI winning the NFC North and beating CAR in the Wildcard round of the playoffs after an 11-5 regular season.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:47 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
You'd have to "retire" every other coach except for your user one. The team you play each week has to be CPU coach-controlled or else drive goals won't function. 32 team control and drive goals just cannot co-exist.

If you've already started I'd just keep going - while I don't believe it's completely overpowering anymore, it is still an advantage that the CPU teams don't get.

So you don't think it's worth it then? It was a bit of work to set it all up and I like having 32 team control to prevent and bone headed personnel decisions by the CPU AI. Thanks for the advice.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #59
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
11 weeks in and I finally got 2 drive goal confidence points in a game. So I can confirm that can still happen, as such I'd say booker's post-patch claim of +4 is possible as well. I do, however, feel like something like that is extremely unlikely now, though. At least in the course of normal play. I absolutely dominated that +2 game and still only got just those confidence points.

My opinion hasn't changed - I still believe it's been tweaked, and is a lot more usable and a lot less game-breaking for those who want to use it post-patch.

I guess I'm just unlucky. Played 3 games only after patch.
1st only 1+
2nd 2+
3rd 4+

That settle. Anyways I'm not sure how much this confidence affect games now. Hopefully they don't change gameplay much. Otherwise it will be bad. No matter what you used you will end up with many players with higher overall because confidence.

What is funny is that I lost all 3 of those games. I'm still thinking the drive goals shouldn't be here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2015, 09:58 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 1

First game I played with Patch #2 and a new CFM, I got +2 confidence from Dynamic Drive Goals! Ugh...I was hoping it would be rare per others' experience, but lo and behold, there it was. But definitely toned down from before. Also, one thing I will say, I love the extra XP. What a difference it makes in helping progress your guys. I think I'm going to stick with it for that reason.

Now, I just have to test out some games to see if I should play with our without the tuner...
Old 10-06-2015, 09:08 AM   #61
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
First game I played with Patch #2 and a new CFM, I got +2 confidence from Dynamic Drive Goals! Ugh...I was hoping it would be rare per others' experience, but lo and behold, there it was. But definitely toned down from before. Also, one thing I will say, I love the extra XP. What a difference it makes in helping progress your guys. I think I'm going to stick with it for that reason.

Now, I just have to test out some games to see if I should play with our without the tuner...

Yesterday I played without the tuner. I felt I have my madden back. A whole different experience for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #62
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19

To those of you whom don't want to bother with either workaround (32 man method, or Booker21's method).

What you should do is TURN OFF DRIVE GOAL VISUALS (in the main menu) but don't turn them off with workarounds.

If you have the visuals turned off, Drive Goals still happen in the background but you don't see them and don't know which Drove Goal you're currently being "tasked" with. Thus; you seldom compete them except by coincidence once in a while.

Since you will seldom compete them you will get little to no confidence from them, but will still get some additional XP.

This is what I have done and it is working for me. I believe arrive Goals were needed by the patch, and doing this nerfs them further.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:12 PM   #63
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Why are folks not using the tuner exactly? Scrambling QBs?
Old 10-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #64
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
To those of you whom don't want to bother with either workaround (32 man method, or Booker21's method).

What you should do is TURN OFF DRIVE GOAL VISUALS (in the main menu) but don't turn them off with workarounds.

If you have the visuals turned off, Drive Goals still happen in the background but you don't see them and don't know which Drove Goal you're currently being "tasked" with. Thus; you seldom compete them except by coincidence once in a while.

Since you will seldom compete them you will get little to no confidence from them, but will still get some additional XP.

This is what I have done and it is working for me. I believe arrive Goals were needed by the patch, and doing this nerfs them further.

That is what I have always done. But I still complete then. One game I had 4 after patched. Last night I had none though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »