Home

Maybe Im NUTS...but I still think MADDEN 12 is the BEST!

This is a discussion on Maybe Im NUTS...but I still think MADDEN 12 is the BEST! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 10:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Maybe Im NUTS...but I still think MADDEN 12 is the BEST!

Folks, while I cant say Madden 16 is a bad game by any means, for some reason, Im just not compelled to play more than a game every now and then...it just doesnt suck me in. I still have to say that Madden 12 was the game that I used to love to play.

I played about 17 franchise seasons in the year I was playing it heavily. I thought it incorporated player attributes and ratings better on the field and when you simmed games better than any other Madden ever did....If players where on hot streaks in simmed games, it would realistically carry over into the real on the field games when you played with them...and vice versa when they were slumping too.

It also may not be a coincidence that Madden 12 had the best feel on the field of hitting, covering, and running with the ball which also happened to be the final year that the game had scripted animations and went to the ignite engine that was supposed to promise us gamers infinite tackle combinations but what we got were the same scripted scenarios that simply had a variety of rubbery and wonky looking fall downs

I just started playing it again on my PS3 and I have to say surprisingly how well the textures, player models, and animations have held up over the years even against the Next Gen versions today. Sure they arent has hi resolution and crisp, but, somehow the players and fields seem to have a more lifelike lighting and texture engine when playing zoomed back...and because the game has more natural scripted tackles and interactions, they look more real life than the ignite engine players when they interact with each other

I know maybe Im nuts, but I just jumped back into a Franchise Mode that I had running over 17 seasons and am enjoying it all over again moreso than wanting to play Madden 16. I just the fact that I can jump in and out of games around the league during the season and also play out all the post season games by just scrolling down to the game on the schedule and just clicking PLAY GAME without having to jump thru all the hoops that these new Franchise Modes in Madden have

Ratings in Madden 12 really matter and show
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Maybe Im NUTS...but I still think MADDEN 12 is the BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
Folks, while I cant say Madden 16 is a bad game by any means, for some reason, Im just not compelled to play more than a game every now and then...it just doesnt suck me in. I still have to say that Madden 12 was the game that I used to love to play.

I played about 17 franchise seasons in the year I was playing it heavily. I thought it incorporated player attributes and ratings better on the field and when you simmed games better than any other Madden ever did....If players where on hot streaks in simmed games, it would realistically carry over into the real on the field games when you played with them...and vice versa when they were slumping too.

It also may not be a coincidence that Madden 12 had the best feel on the field of hitting, covering, and running with the ball which also happened to be the final year that the game had scripted animations and went to the ignite engine that was supposed to promise us gamers infinite tackle combinations but what we got were the same scripted scenarios that simply had a variety of rubbery and wonky looking fall downs

I just started playing it again on my PS3 and I have to say surprisingly how well the textures, player models, and animations have held up over the years even against the Next Gen versions today. Sure they arent has hi resolution and crisp, but, somehow the players and fields seem to have a more lifelike lighting and texture engine when playing zoomed back...and because the game has more natural scripted tackles and interactions, they look more real life than the ignite engine players when they interact with each other

I know maybe Im nuts, but I just jumped back into a Franchise Mode that I had running over 17 seasons and am enjoying it all over again moreso than wanting to play Madden 16. I just the fact that I can jump in and out of games around the league during the season and also play out all the post season games by just scrolling down to the game on the schedule and just clicking PLAY GAME without having to jump thru all the hoops that these new Franchise Modes in Madden have

Ratings in Madden 12 really matter and show
It's Madden 10 for me. I played that one more than any other.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2015, 11:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

10 was definitely another good one for me too...but for some reason, not really sure, I played more franchise seasons in Madden 12 than any other version.

I think the sim engine, the team's momentum and the way players and teams would enter each game on hot streaks carried over from the stats engine, to the sim engine, to the live in gameplay better than any other Madden.
There was as tight a correlation between a teams stats and performance on paper and in the actual played games. For example, when a team like the 49ers came to town and their defensive run stop was 1 or 2 in the league, you would also see that realistically translate in the actual games played on the field.

Too often in other Madden games, a team's performance and team stats would equally translate when you played the games out. It was almost as if there was no correlation between sim games, teams current stats, and the way they played out in the games you participated in
Old 10-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-nfl-last-gen/

Please use the Madden NFL Last-Gen subforum to discuss last-gen Madden games.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »