Home

Cheating Madden CPU

This is a discussion on Cheating Madden CPU within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2015, 05:08 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Cheating Madden CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Blowouts happen in Madden too. I'm going to copy and paste what I posted after a game I played the night before I posted this from about a week ago.

Also, it is true that on any given Sunday, anything that can happen, will happen. Phillip Rivers was pass happy all game yesterday and hit everything in site from the 1st quarter on amassing over 500 yds passing. On the last play of the game, Randall bats the ball down and it's game over.

Last Monday evening, Michael Vick was playing like an old washed up QB and couldn't hit and didn't run jack during the game. The last drive of the game, he starts hitting passes and takes off for a 30 yd run and the Steelers win the game on a last second run.

Stuff happens. Sometimes teams mount comebacks like the Bengals did to the Sehawks a week ago and sometimes teams self-destruct like the Seahawks did vs the Bengals.

Here is what I posted in another thread, but change up defenses, rush a blitz and then rush only 3. Playing zone all game, flip between man and zone. If the QB is hitting underneath passes, call play underneath zones/coverage, etc...... and call timeouts.

Yeah, I just played a game last night and I was up on the Raiders using the Packers up 14 to 9 at the half.

I took the ball in the second half and had a 19 play drive for almost 10 minutes and the score was 21 to 9. So, basically, two minutes left in the 3rd quarter and the CPU needs two scores to go ahead of me.

So, Peppers injures Carr on a late hit and in comes McClothin(sp?) and he marches the Raiders in for a score with 8 minutes left. 21 to 16.

The Packers punt the ball away and McClothin(sp) scrambles over to the right and lofts a ball into the end zone. The ball was intercepted by Haha Clinton Dix and the Packers scored another TD. 28 to 16. No beast mode by the CPU.

McClothin proceeds to throw another Int to Randall who does a tip toe on the sideline. mmm, no beast mode by the CPU.

The Packers punt the ball away and McClothin throws another Int to Rollins and Rollins scores on a pick 6. Packers 35 Raiders 16. Still, beast mode not showing up by CPU.

The Raiders didn't score another point.

So, you can control beast mode or whatever you want to call it in Madden.

Try to eat the clock like I did in the third quarter and 4th quarter. I ran Lacy in the 4th quarter to eat the clock on the 28 to 16 score.

And I made sure I switched up the defenses.
I guess you missed the different times in that post where I mentioned it happening to me when going up by 20 or more points. I also never said it was in the 4th quarter, or that it makes me lose. Please don't assume things that aren't posted. These problems have nothing to do with my skill or lack-there-of. Most of the time it happens to me are in the 2nd or 3rd quarter when going up big.

Rivers throwing for 500 yards has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Neither does the fact that a QB can come in and have a good drive or 2 in crunch time. That isn't the God-mode I'm referring to. A lot of the time my frustration comes from calling a perfect defensive play and something ridiculous happening in the oppositions favor that would never and should never happen. Like the plays I've described.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 05:23 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfenton8287
I guess you missed the different times in that post where I mentioned it happening to me when going up by 20 or more points. I also never said it was in the 4th quarter, or that it makes me lose. Please don't assume things that aren't posted. These problems have nothing to do with my skill or lack-there-of. Most of the time it happens to me are in the 2nd or 3rd quarter when going up big.

Rivers throwing for 500 yards has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about. Neither does the fact that a QB can come in and have a good drive or 2 in crunch time. That isn't the God-mode I'm referring to. A lot of the time my frustration comes from calling a perfect defensive play and something ridiculous happening in the oppositions favor that would never and should never happen. Like the plays I've described.
And what is the perfect defensive play?
I wonder how many times a real life coach calls a perfect play only for it to not work?
Old 10-19-2015, 05:25 PM   #67
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm pretty sure I read your post.

You did mention Godmode or cheesemode, I assumed, yes assumed, by using those terms, you meant at the end of the second quarter and the end of the 4th quarter. Yes, I noted when you are up by 20, this seems to happen, but my suggestions still stand.

And, no, I never said one word about your skills, either, those are just overall suggestions. So, who is assuming?

You didn't state at all when this occurs, only when you are up by 20.

So, now I know, based on your last post, when this comes into play for you. My point still stands, though, some teams will try to mount a comeback in the NFL and succeed sometimes.

Seahawks vs Bengals is a perfect example, don't you agree?
Old 10-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #68
Rookie

@roadman You quoted me and said "but change up defenses, rush a blitz and then rush only 3. Playing zone all game, flip between man and zone. If the QB is hitting underneath passes, call play underneath zones/coverage, etc...... and call timeouts." and then "So, you can control beast mode or whatever you want to call it in Madden. Try to eat the clock like I did in the third quarter and 4th quarter. I ran Lacy in the 4th quarter to eat the clock on the 28 to 16 score.". Let's not play a game of Who's Assuming because what I quoted is you blatantly giving me tips on how to play the game.

While I understand your point, I don't think you fully understand mine. I'm not saying comebacks don't happen. I'm saying every single game that I go up my 20 or more points this happens. Not once in a while. Every time. Not just Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Andy Dalton, and the like of top 15 guys, but also complete scrubs. It never fails. No matter what plays I call they become unstoppable. Near if not 100% completion.

@ggsimmonds A perfect play would be a play that on defense is designed to stop a specific type of play. On offense would be a play designed to beat a specific defensive scheme. An example of this would be calling a screen or quick route for an incoming blitz. That's my view of a perfect play anyway.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
That is true

For some reason this years Madden seems different in the way the CPUs plays on all difficulties

I'm not sure if they changed it or what but that stuff I mentioned does happen on any difficulty
That is my observation as well.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
@roadman You quoted me and said "but change up defenses, rush a blitz and then rush only 3. Playing zone all game, flip between man and zone. If the QB is hitting underneath passes, call play underneath zones/coverage, etc...... and call timeouts." and then "So, you can control beast mode or whatever you want to call it in Madden. Try to eat the clock like I did in the third quarter and 4th quarter. I ran Lacy in the 4th quarter to eat the clock on the 28 to 16 score.". Let's not play a game of Who's Assuming because what I quoted is you blatantly giving me tips on how to play the game.

While I understand your point, I don't think you fully understand mine. I'm not saying comebacks don't happen. I'm saying every single game that I go up my 20 or more points this happens. Not once in a while. Every time. Not just Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Andy Dalton, and the like of top 15 guys, but also complete scrubs. It never fails. No matter what plays I call they become unstoppable. Near if not 100% completion.

@ggsimmonds A perfect play would be a play that on defense is designed to stop a specific type of play. On offense would be a play designed to beat a specific defensive scheme. An example of this would be calling a screen or quick route for an incoming blitz. That's my view of a perfect play anyway.
But does not guarantee that it will.

Think of the other side of the equation. I wonder if AI teams huddle together and complain about user god mode every time you go up by 20.
You score 20 straight points and it is okay. THe AI does it and it is cheese.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:15 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
But does not guarantee that it will.

Think of the other side of the equation. I wonder if AI teams huddle together and complain about user god mode every time you go up by 20.
You score 20 straight points and it is okay. THe AI does it and it is cheese.
I would be more than happy if the game could beat me by calling plays that I wasn't waiting for. The reason I go up by 20 is because I pick matchups that I like, I study the coverage, and change plays accordingly. I don't go up by magically bouncing off tackles and throwing it up to my 84 speed WR who is dusting the speed demon CB covering him because that doesn't tend to happen in my favor. I'm not worried about the AI's feelings on how good I am playing this game, I'm more worried about why the AI is so predictable and why the reason it has a fighting chance is because of ridiculous plays. Football is more like chess than checkers in real life. The plays I'm talking about are the opposite.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2015, 06:32 PM   #72
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

I will just end it with this.

95% of that post was from a different thread a week earlier. So, most of that advice was for that particular thread and also, the first post I made in here, I assumed you were talking about comback mode from the AI late in either half.

In addition, maybe other people who read this thread could use that advice, you aren't the only one that reads this thread, correct?

I apologize if you took it too personal, that wasn't my intent, and if you know my posting history, you would have understood that.

Yes, the CPU will come back on me when I'm up big, but in my experiences, it's not all the time. If they do mount a comeback, I will use all of my experiences to slow that down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »