Home

What is the deal with franchise?

This is a discussion on What is the deal with franchise? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 12:33 PM   #17
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What is the deal with franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
NCAA Football 14 pulled off an out-of-town score ticker in online Dynasty just fine, for the record, so it's not impossible. Overall, however, I hear the spirit of your point.
Speaking of NCAA 14. The Dynasty mode in that game has so many features I'd like to see in Madden. Namely, the whole coaching carousel and job security thing. I play coach mode mostly and right now the whole hiring/firing process is so arbitrarily done.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballJunkie
I hope it's just a case of "frying the bigger fish" (gameplay) this year, and franchise/season/playoff modes move up to primary priority for next year. I remember when MVP Baseball first came out the only thing that it had going for it was gameplay. Within a couple of years, it was the best overall baseball game available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you see the video I posted above you?
Old 10-05-2015, 01:40 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like to play as player in CFM -as of the gameplay I realy enjoy it. For the focus of player during career it lacks in everything.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #20
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaSimulator
This ^

They had an xp system in FIFA 09 but already in FIFA 10 it was scrapped, I'm guessing because they realized how completely unrealistic it was that you could use points to make a player much better in one or two specific attributes over night. It's like the different departments within EA don't communicate or are even aware of each other's games. They seriously need to learn from each other.
Same goes for NCAA Football.... why weren't more ideas bounced around between the two?

Things like stat tickers, assistant coaches, ability to edit players within career modes, create a recruit (prospect), using the ESPN license... just little things like that

Last edited by Toupal; 10-05-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #21
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Also, Pro-Am in 2k seems to be unplayable or takes a long time to just walk onto.

First, I don't think it's time to cut the ties with a person who just started as the leader of CFM on this Madden.

Second, I think it gives me a bit more hope the direction that CFM might be headed in from this interview that people must have forgot about or didn't see 6 weeks ago from Rex Dickson.

Start listening at the 17:00 mark till the end.

I like how he acknowledges how CFM is not that good. But the question remains, what is their plan to make it better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #22
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

they could start by creating an extremely killer smoking hot website to manage all aspects of our online cfm's.

so many possibilities, so many options, so little actually being taken advantage of.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:59 PM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I like how he acknowledges how CFM is not that good. But the question remains, what is their plan to make it better?
That won't be discussed/known until June of next year with the buying public. You heard him say he wasn't going to tip his hat on the particulars.

Last edited by roadman; 10-05-2015 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:04 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Also, Pro-Am in 2k seems to be unplayable or takes a long time to just walk onto.

First, I don't think it's time to cut the ties with a person who just started as the leader of CFM on this Madden.

Second, I think it gives me a bit more hope the direction that CFM might be headed in from this interview that people must have forgot about or didn't see 6 weeks ago from Rex Dickson.

Start listening at the 17:00 mark till the end.

The thing I like about Rex is that he seems sincere and he seems aware that the game has real flaws that need to be addressed if the game is to be truly excellent in every facet.

If CFM is in their top 3 list of things to improve and they don't simultaneously totally screw up the gameplay, I think next year could be truly special. I'm already very happy with this year's game, and I haven't said that for at least 5 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »