Home

B.S. detector blew up last night

This is a discussion on B.S. detector blew up last night within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2015, 01:54 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: B.S. detector blew up last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
Sounds like a personal problem, the Redskins have had a legitimate running game over the past few years, why is it a coding error that you don't know how to run the ball?

It's a coding error because you finally had ONE good game, literally just one, lol what?

Dat logic ..
You missed the whole point.

Since everyone seems to have a hard on for the word "coded", I apparently have to explain. Being able to rip 60 yard runs all of sudden after not being to run all season, overthrowing WR's by 20 yards on 8 of 10 throws after completing 60% of passes for the year, the CPU WR's fumbling 3 times as soon as they catch the ball, all of these things as a whole was extremely unrealistic and cheesy to me. That's it, that's whole point. If others see it as an outlier, which I get and can agree with, it doesn't mean it's not annoying if I want a realistic experience.

I didn't realize that John Madden had so many nephews that have to defend every aspect of his namesake game.

Last edited by rugernator; 10-12-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #18
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

So wonky things don't happen in the NFL in real life every single week?

If you were the Seahawks and up 24-7 in the fourth and let the Bengals come back and beat you, is that a coding error?

If Blake Bortles put up the numbers he did yesterday against you in the game, is that a coding issue?

Aaron Rodgers had a pedestrian game yesterday, if you were controlling the Packers and had the game he had yesterday, is that a coding problem?

Things happen in the NFL, crazy things, more than any other sport I would say. I don't know about you, but going into my games and not knowing what could happen, that would seem pretty freaking fun to me.

The term any given Sunday is around for a reason. Anything can happen.

Remember a few years ago when Jamal Lewis rushed for 296 yards in a single game? Was the coding broken then too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
So wonky things don't happen in the NFL in real life every single week?

If you were the Seahawks and up 24-7 in the fourth and let the Bengals come back and beat you, is that a coding error?

If Blake Bortles put up the numbers he did yesterday against you in the game, is that a coding issue?

Aaron Rodgers had a pedestrian game yesterday, if you were controlling the Packers and had the game he had yesterday, is that a coding problem?

Things happen in the NFL, crazy things, more than any other sport I would say. I don't know about you, but going into my games and not knowing what could happen, that would seem pretty freaking fun to me.

The term any given Sunday is around for a reason. Anything can happen.

Remember a few years ago when Jamal Lewis rushed for 296 yards in a single game? Was the coding broken then too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whoa whoa, now hold on a minute there cowboy. The implication here seems to be that Jamal should not be beast enough to run for that many yards. He definitely was. Dat was a bad dude with his combination of power and burst.

Sucks it didn't last, but he was a problem for defenses.

I'll deactivate homer mode now....

Carry on.
Old 10-12-2015, 02:42 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 2

I understand where the op is coming from, but I also do believe that things happen in the NFL that are just against the grain. I too have had some WTF games. Running for 120 yards on 15 carries after three straight sub-40 yards games with similar workloads. It can feel cheap, but it does happen in the real life games so I just go with it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugernator
You missed the whole point.

Since everyone seems to have a hard on for the word "coded", I apparently have to explain. Being able to rip 60 yard runs all of sudden after not being to run all season, overthrowing WR's by 20 yards on 8 of 10 throws after completing 60% of passes for the year, the CPU WR's fumbling 3 times as soon as they catch the ball, all of these things as a whole was extremely unrealistic and cheesy to me. That's it, that's whole point. If others see it as an outlier, which I get and can agree with, it doesn't mean it's not annoying if I want a realistic experience.

I didn't realize that John Madden had so many nephews that have to defend every aspect of his namesake game.
Apparently you don't understand how wildly inconsistent the game of football in the NFL is in virtually any aspect in regards to a player's statistics?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #22
Rookie

Devonta Freeman this year on a weekly basis is a prime example of how a single player's statistics can fluctuate over the course of a season ...
Old 10-12-2015, 03:42 PM   #23
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Thats obviously the All-Madden comeback cheat logic kicking in.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Come on guys, lets stay away from accusing one side of being John Madden's nephew and accusing the other side of not understanding the game of football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »