Home

B.S. detector blew up last night

This is a discussion on B.S. detector blew up last night within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 10:00 AM   #33
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: B.S. detector blew up last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
whoa whoa, now hold on a minute there cowboy. The implication here seems to be that Jamal should not be beast enough to run for that many yards. He definitely was. Dat was a bad dude with his combination of power and burst.

Sucks it didn't last, but he was a problem for defenses.

I'll deactivate homer mode now....

Carry on.
Jamal was a good RB but he was still a young player and before that game he had never broken 200 yards in a game, so to watch him rush for 295 was something no one expected.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:58 AM   #34
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I wouldn't call it a coding error, per se, but this year's emphasis on making bad QBs look like bad QBs has in some cases taken it too far in that direction. A QB who survived an NFL training camp should be able to get it within a few yards of his intended receiver if he's on set feet in a clean pocket. But with subpar QBs you get these crazy wild passes from time to time that just defy belief.

There was a guy on here who posted a Madden video of Rodgers and Brett Hundley running 4 verts against air. Hundley was struggling to even keep the football in the field of play despite no defense at all. Compare to his pro day where he went 57 of 60.

They've started to go this route more with the "pressure" and "back foot" notifications, but they really need to emphasize that part of it and tune up the pass rush.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:03 PM   #35

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugernator
Yes BleedGreen, clearly I was having an off night of pushing buttons. Maybe my button pushing confidence was low. I must become better with the button pushing, and perhaps then my digital video game guy will play better. Obviously nothing to do with make-up of the game. I'll work harder in practice.
Quote:
You missed the whole point.

Since everyone seems to have a hard on for the word "coded", I apparently have to explain. Being able to rip 60 yard runs all of sudden after not being to run all season, overthrowing WR's by 20 yards on 8 of 10 throws after completing 60% of passes for the year, the CPU WR's fumbling 3 times as soon as they catch the ball, all of these things as a whole was extremely unrealistic and cheesy to me. That's it, that's whole point. If others see it as an outlier, which I get and can agree with, it doesn't mean it's not annoying if I want a realistic experience.

I didn't realize that John Madden had so many nephews that have to defend every aspect of his namesake game.
You started the thread asking for opinions.

The fact that people don't agree with you doesn't give you the right to go full reign with sarcasm.

If you want a discussion this can stay open. If you want to berate anyone who disagrees with you then this can just be closed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You started the thread asking for opinions.

The fact that people don't agree with you doesn't give you the right to go full reign with sarcasm.

If you want a discussion this can stay open. If you want to berate anyone who disagrees with you then this can just be closed.
Close away Kehlis. I didn't berate anyone or insult anyone and I more than once said it was fine that people disagreed.

Meanwhile others saying I don't understand football and that I'm just blaming my poor ability on coding is cool.

I guess sarcasm is where you draw the line? What about tom foolery? Or ballyhoo? I'd hate to see what would happen if people were up to shenanigans!
Old 10-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #37

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Close away Kehlis. I didn't berate anyone or insult anyone and I more than once said it was fine that people disagreed.
You didn't?

Quote:
Yes BleedGreen, clearly I was having an off night of pushing buttons. Maybe my button pushing confidence was low. I must become better with the button pushing, and perhaps then my digital video game guy will play better. Obviously nothing to do with make-up of the game. I'll work harder in practice.

We ask for mature posting here. If you continue with this attitude it's not going to last very long here.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #38
Banned

As I said you can close it if you see fit.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #39
Rookie

I'm not able to close this thread, must be a coding issue
Old 10-16-2015, 05:08 PM   #40
Rookie

To try and save the thread, both sides of this argument are correct, to a degree.

Your running game has been pretty well addressed. Simming stats unfortunately give no indication as to how well a team will play against you. Typically, the better in-game run defenses will also have better sim stats, but the opposite is not always true. The fact that you only have a 5 game sample size also makes it much more plausible to see these results.

As far as your passes going 25 yards out of bounds - this is because there's not really another way to do it. If your quarterback "only" threw the ball 3 yards off the mark like in real life, you can too easily user control the intended receiver and make the adjustment. While in real life, the receiver has a spot to run to and typically isn't looking for the ball until the last second. That's why in real-life NFL, passes go incomplete by a mere couple of yards. If they implemented a system where passes were only off a couple yards, everyone would cry and scream ROBO QB! because they would complete all their passes.

I do think that the CPU will go into the game essentially saying "This game I will play worse against the run than expected, and my quarterback will play better than expected". That's what gives the game variation. If every player played exactly like their ratings every time, there would be very little variation in the games and very few upsets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »