Home

CFM Draft Issues

This is a discussion on CFM Draft Issues within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CFM Draft Issues

I've browsed around the forum and hadn't seen this anywhere. The other day I completed my first season in CFM; everything went smooth until draft time came. Draft started ... I figured I'd go back and look at my roster just to be sure of what I really needed. Came back into draft .... Display said we were in the 1st round on the 2nd pick, didn't pay it any mind. Went back to my roster and back into draft... now we're on the 3rd pick... still didn't pay it any mind, but then I saw that the same team that was picking first was again picking 3rd. Figured this couldn't be right, so upon further investigation I concluded that everytime I exited the draft screen, the system went up a pick even though the team on the clock hadn't actually picked. That's issue 1

Sooo when my pick came about, I went to the list of players to choose from, tried to select one. NOPE! System told me the computer had already picked my player... but display showed that I was still on the clock with like 1:45 seconds left. Sooo i exited out of the draft.. came back in. I was on the clock.. Tried to select a player again. This time it worked. That's issue 2 (I noticed that sometimes leaving out of the draft and coming back puts the game/draft clock back into sync)

And again in about the 3rd round... system showed it was my turn to pick, but it wasn't or maybe it was... I don't know. I just know that I went to the list of players to draft and it didn't give me an option to select the player to join my team.
Just figured it kinda sucks I spent all that time scouting and playing through 16+ games to have a draft that doesn't function.

The issues may be related... maybe the clock is out of sync, I don't know. Just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 03:55 PM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Re: CFM Draft Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jav0n
I've browsed around the forum and hadn't seen this anywhere. The other day I completed my first season in CFM; everything went smooth until draft time came. Draft started ... I figured I'd go back and look at my roster just to be sure of what I really needed. Came back into draft .... Display said we were in the 1st round on the 2nd pick, didn't pay it any mind. Went back to my roster and back into draft... now we're on the 3rd pick... still didn't pay it any mind, but then I saw that the same team that was picking first was again picking 3rd. Figured this couldn't be right, so upon further investigation I concluded that everytime I exited the draft screen, the system went up a pick even though the team on the clock hadn't actually picked. That's issue 1

Sooo when my pick came about, I went to the list of players to choose from, tried to select one. NOPE! System told me the computer had already picked my player... but display showed that I was still on the clock with like 1:45 seconds left. Sooo i exited out of the draft.. came back in. I was on the clock.. Tried to select a player again. This time it worked. That's issue 2 (I noticed that sometimes leaving out of the draft and coming back puts the game/draft clock back into sync)

And again in about the 3rd round... system showed it was my turn to pick, but it wasn't or maybe it was... I don't know. I just know that I went to the list of players to draft and it didn't give me an option to select the player to join my team.
Just figured it kinda sucks I spent all that time scouting and playing through 16+ games to have a draft that doesn't function.

The issues may be related... maybe the clock is out of sync, I don't know. Just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.
Um can't say I've seen exactly what your talking about. I personally just pause for my pick or simulate CPUs.

I have experienced this though. Say your eyeing the person on the top in the draft board section. Well if the team before you selects that player at the top, he will still appear on your draft board. So it'll appear like you can pick him, but the button option isn't there. To solve this, I usually keep two players in mind then back out of the draft board, so it refreshes.

I haven't seen the CPU pick players when I got check my roster though. They always seem to take the full amount of time, so I just sim one by one.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:59 PM   #3
Banned

The clock runs continuously unless you pause it. It doesn't stop just because you are looking at a different screen, and it WILL take your pick for you (or trade it away) if you're not there to do it.

When it was showing you were on the clock was that a pick you had traded for/away? I ask because last year when you manually traded away picks (ie, not from trade offers in draft screen), it would show you as being on the clock even though it wasn't your pick.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
Um can't say I've seen exactly what your talking about. I personally just pause for my pick or simulate CPUs.

I have experienced this though. Say your eyeing the person on the top in the draft board section. Well if the team before you selects that player at the top, he will still appear on your draft board. So it'll appear like you can pick him, but the button option isn't there. To solve this, I usually keep two players in mind then back out of the draft board, so it refreshes.

I haven't seen the CPU pick players when I got check my roster though. They always seem to take the full amount of time, so I just sim one by one.
ah, hadn't experienced this. I too usually sim the CPU picks one by one. Or at least I tried to. Even doing that, it seemed like the system got confused. I was simming up until the point where the system kind of just sat there, and when it wouldn't sim anymore. The next team would be on the clock and use the full 2 minutes then select. But after that point it's all downhill. It'll say such and such a team is on the clock but that team picked 5 picks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugernator
The clock runs continuously unless you pause it. It doesn't stop just because you are looking at a different screen, and it WILL take your pick for you (or trade it away) if you're not there to do it.

When it was showing you were on the clock was that a pick you had traded for/away? I ask because last year when you manually traded away picks (ie, not from trade offers in draft screen), it would show you as being on the clock even though it wasn't your pick.
Im aware that the clock runs continuously no matter where you are. I'm sayin I'm on the clock... i've got 2 minutes to select a player. I'm on the screen to select a player and BOOM.. i find one. I try to select him. So i click X or whatever the appropriate button is. System prompts me that I took too long and that the CPU has made a selection for me. I'll go back and look at the clock and I still have well over a minute left to select.

The first time yes.. It was a traded pick. But I simmed through 2 other seasons just to draft and it was the same issue, just without trading. The only way I could select a player was literally if I went in and selected a player within 10 seconds of accessing the players available screen.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:22 PM   #5
Banned

That's very strange. I've never had any such issues on PS4 for what it's worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
Rookie

Hmm.. You guys think perhaps maybe it's b/c I do it through Cloud instead of offline even though it's just me?
Old 10-14-2015, 09:22 AM   #7
Banned

I would say it's worth a shot. I play exclusively offline, so maybe you're onto something.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #8
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jav0n
Hmm.. You guys think perhaps maybe it's b/c I do it through Cloud instead of offline even though it's just me?
I play offline also.

Cloud does save automatically, so that could possibly be it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »