Home

Scouting?

This is a discussion on Scouting? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2015, 12:50 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 0
Scouting?

So how does scouting work? This is the first time in like 9 years I like madden enough to play the game for more then like 2 months and to play franchise mode so I know things have changed. I see in week 3 you can start scouting and that you get 200 points. I see that you can unlock some info about there skills and that if you don't use some points you lose 50% of them the next week. So is 200 points all you get or do you get more points latter before the draft? Should you use all 200 points just in week 3? I see you don't unlock combined info in till 3 weeks after the superbowl. Is there any thing else I need to know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 01:22 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Scouting?

You get the amount of points every week starting in week 3 until the playoffs. Then before the Super Bowl (maybe right after?) the combine numbers unlock and you get to scout a few more weeks before the draft .

I only get 175... Unless I buy the scouting perk which gives you 25 more a week.

You'll have plenty of enough points to unlock what you need before the draft. Scout away!
Old 10-15-2015, 10:20 PM   #3
Rookie

CrackinBacks's Arena

OVR: 2

I personally like scouting this year, do it every week. I never did it before, but it helps me target the players I'm interested in. I have one question though, what does adding them to the watch list do? Anyone know?
Old 10-16-2015, 12:49 AM   #4
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
You get the amount of points every week starting in week 3 until the playoffs. Then before the Super Bowl (maybe right after?) the combine numbers unlock and you get to scout a few more weeks before the draft .

I only get 175... Unless I buy the scouting perk which gives you 25 more a week.

You'll have plenty of enough points to unlock what you need before the draft. Scout away!

Ok I just tested and you are better of using all your points ever week or you get less points. For example I get 200 points in week 3 if I use all the points I get another 200 points in week 4. So that is 400 points told. Now when I test and used only 90 points and had 110 left that I didn't use by the next week I only had like 235 points or something. That means I got 125 more points that next week instead of 200.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:53 AM   #5
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackinBacks
I personally like scouting this year, do it every week. I never did it before, but it helps me target the players I'm interested in. I have one question though, what does adding them to the watch list do? Anyone know?

I am not sure but my guess is that it is just a way to keep track of the guys you have scouted. So say for example you have scouted 10 guys and you put them all on the watch list and 8 of them have now been picked by the time you get to your pick. Now in stead of having to going threw the list of players to find the 2 left you have scouted you can just look at the watch list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 01:55 AM   #6
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Ok I just tested and you are better of using all your points ever week or you get less points. For example I get 200 points in week 3 if I use all the points I get another 200 points in week 4. So that is 400 points told. Now when I test and used only 90 points and had 110 left that I didn't use by the next week I only had like 235 points or something. That means I got 125 more points that next week instead of 200.
you get 200 every week, but it halves what you have as a carry over. So if you had 110 left then it would have halved that to 55. + the 200 you get the next week and you would have 255.

So yes, it is better if you use your points rather than stash them.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:30 AM   #7
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackinBacks
The watch list was added to give us a very basic draft board. It just allows quicker access to the guys you want to draft. I usually use it for guys I am targeting later in the draft (rounds 4-7) to make it easier to remember/find those guys.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:49 PM   #8
All Star

Is scouting to easy? I am asking because in the first week of being able to scout I was able to get the first 2 skills for 16 different players. In 1 week that kind of fells like a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »