Home

Madden a consistent sub-par game.

This is a discussion on Madden a consistent sub-par game. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 09:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden a consistent sub-par game.

I would like to know your thoughts on why EA continues to put out a sub-par game? I just came to the realization that EA doesn't care for the quality of the game due to the lack of patches and updates besides adding and moving players from team to team. Other games always get updates. Don't give me that it takes a lot of time to update rosters when 2K can update rosters daily and still be able to put out patches and updates when something is not working properly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 10:07 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden a consistent sub-par game.

What in the world is this? Is this post caught in a time loop and made from the past or something?

Weekly roster updates with rating changes, two patches released about a month after release, and the best gameplay ever seen in a football game.

CFM is a disappointment, but this is most certainly not a sub-par game. Methinks you need to run a diagnostic on your flux capacitor.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:37 PM   #3
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden a consistent sub-par game.

Can't help but agree. Legacy issues, stale gameplay that hasn't been touched in decades in certain parts of the game (kicking, kick returns, hell special teams in general). The CPU players either play like warner league or robots from another star. And the graphics are pretty much plateauing. The only thing that could help would be a new engine or some kind of major update to the engine but obviously, a year to year game is absolutely not going to get such treatment.

And the ratings for players. Sheesh. Inflated/nerfed ratings for certian players so that their OVR isn't too high or too low. Pointless limitations on things you can do in franchise mode, i.e. no player attribute rating editing or draft class editing. This game seroiusly could be so much better than it is. 2K is year to year, and that game sees pretty significant improvements across the board year after year.

You compare how this game represents football to how 2K represents basketball, sub-par is a generous word to use. Unfortunately, it's all we have.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »