Home

All madden - all pro

This is a discussion on All madden - all pro within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #17
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: All madden - all pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Also, the simple fact that you said you would never play All Madden (your words) is why I would question if you've played all madden this year. Based on your first post you haven't....
good point what I meant to say was I will never play all madden again
Old 10-17-2015, 08:37 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I was going back and forth for some time.

All madden had close games and was a good challenge, but all pro better replicates what we see on Sundays.

To win on all madden the user usually uses a smaller percentage of the playbook, has to always switch over to make the play, and in my experience -- go deep much more often.

All pro requires certain house rules to have competitive games, but ratings matter more and real life concepts work better. What I mean by that is passing concepts that force a conflict on defenders aren't as effective because on all madden the defenders are suped up where they can cover 2 routes.

I now favor all pro but sliders are extremely important to get a good challenge. But even with good sliders if you try play the same way on all pro as you would on all madden (switching, going to "money plays" frequently, etc) you will routinely blow out the computer.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #19
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

This drives me nuts every year, and has for what seems like forever. Madden has two fixes that would make this so much better. One is to create the difficulty level between all pro and all madden. The simpler fix is to have separate difficulty settings for offense and defense. Allow people to play the CPU on all Madden when they're on offense, and all pro when they're on defense, or vice versa. MLB the show does this every year, and NCAA football had this option several years ago.

Either of these options, or better yet both, would would make this game perfect in my opinion. This is the best man in years, but I still have difficulty enjoying it now that I've got better on all pro because I almost never lose and I hate playing on all madden.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:56 PM   #20
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I was going back and forth for some time.

All madden had close games and was a good challenge, but all pro better replicates what we see on Sundays.

To win on all madden the user usually uses a smaller percentage of the playbook, has to always switch over to make the play, and in my experience -- go deep much more often.

All pro requires certain house rules to have competitive games, but ratings matter more and real life concepts work better. What I mean by that is passing concepts that force a conflict on defenders aren't as effective because on all madden the defenders are suped up where they can cover 2 routes.

I now favor all pro but sliders are extremely important to get a good challenge. But even with good sliders if you try play the same way on all pro as you would on all madden (switching, going to "money plays" frequently, etc) you will routinely blow out the computer.

Interesting. I play all madden. On default sliders I agree with you 100% regarding your AM comments. However with Custom sliders I find it to be the best all madden play ever. For example the CPU play is like watching a game on Sunday with sliders adjusted to a users skill level.

I switch when I can (30% of the time) but my reflexes aren't what they used to be.

At the same time, I have not beat the CPU yet this year. I'm 3-12 on the season and have not beat the CPU yet. However, none of my losses felt like CPU cheating. They were mainly my fault. (Turnovers; abandoning the run; or being overly aggressive on defense)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 10-18-2015, 03:49 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I play all-pro

I will absolutely never play all madden cause it boosts the CPU players ratings and makes it not only seem unfair but its just unrealistic (slower players run faster then faster players). If I want a better challenge, I boost the sliders in CPUs favor. no need for all-madden. currently I have user run blocking 0 and CPU run blocking 75. and both pass blockings at 40. everything else is default. the game plays great for me.
No offense but you sound like someone who just isn't that good to be making these assumptions. All my years of playing on All-Madden I have never seen where it makes my players slower and the CPU players faster. CPU may get a small boost but good players like myself and other All-Madden players need the CPU to have some sort of boost in order to get a challenge and have a fun game against the CPU. There's been plenty of streams of people using my sliders and Charters All-Madden sliders with proof showing that All-Madden is fun and you can win games playing the right way. Just because you struggle on that level doesn't mean others are. For some of us All-Pro presents no challenge no matter what you do with the sliders. It's not fun to consistently blow the CPU out every game and win the SuperBowl consistently and that's what I see a lot on most of the All-Pro threads. That's why it's different levels. Everyone skill level is different. To each his own but I will always play the game on All-Madden.

Last edited by Jarodd21; 10-18-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2015, 04:07 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Interesting. I play all madden. On default sliders I agree with you 100% regarding your AM comments. However with Custom sliders I find it to be the best all madden play ever. For example the CPU play is like watching a game on Sunday with sliders adjusted to a users skill level.

I switch when I can (30% of the time) but my reflexes aren't what they used to be.

At the same time, I have not beat the CPU yet this year. I'm 3-12 on the season and have not beat the CPU yet. However, none of my losses felt like CPU cheating. They were mainly my fault. (Turnovers; abandoning the run; or being overly aggressive on defense)
One thing that I should mention, I don't play Madden the same as I use to. In the past I always played on all-madden. There was a gradual change though. One year I used Jarodd's black set. The next year I dropped to the one below (RED I think). Now I prefer all-pro.

This change coincided with my play patterns. Man back in the day I would play Madden for several hours and not even play an actual game. LEts run this play vs man. Okay now run it vs various zones. Lets practice a running play against various defensive fronts. I got a game against the Steelers. Hmm looks like their RG is weak in pass protection. Better check my playbook for blitzes that target the B and C gaps.

About 4 years ago I was in a online franchise and had a freaking notebook next to my ps3. It contained my notes on every user in my league. What plays they ran in situations, certain tells they made, did they come out firing or spend the first quarter feeling me out?

Now though? I turn on my ps4, play my CFM game, and turn it off. I'm much more lazy than I use to be. Or less, depending on perspective lol.

Maybe if I prepared like I did in the past I would still be a champion of all madden.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:36 PM   #23
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
No offense but you sound like someone who just isn't that good.
just cause I don't like all madden you assume its because I suck at the game? I can beat the CPU at any difficulty. I said I hate all madden cause its unrealistic, not cause I can't win. I just want the most realism possible and I feel the AI cheats on All-madden - so I prefer all-pro. If I go and win the superbowl every year (which I usally do) so be it.. but theres nothing that reminds me I'm playing a video game more then seeing the CPU with an unfair advantage. suddenly they feel more like a 'boss' and not a football team. thats how I see it. and I dont expect all will have the same feelings. I can totally understand why someone would be ok with all madden because they prefer closer games. and I hope you can understand why in my view I'd less prefer closer games in exchange for more sense of realism. no one is really right or wrong here. its just our preference.

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 10-18-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
One thing that I should mention, I don't play Madden the same as I use to. In the past I always played on all-madden. There was a gradual change though. One year I used Jarodd's black set. The next year I dropped to the one below (RED I think). Now I prefer all-pro.

This change coincided with my play patterns. Man back in the day I would play Madden for several hours and not even play an actual game. LEts run this play vs man. Okay now run it vs various zones. Lets practice a running play against various defensive fronts. I got a game against the Steelers. Hmm looks like their RG is weak in pass protection. Better check my playbook for blitzes that target the B and C gaps.

About 4 years ago I was in a online franchise and had a freaking notebook next to my ps3. It contained my notes on every user in my league. What plays they ran in situations, certain tells they made, did they come out firing or spend the first quarter feeling me out?

Now though? I turn on my ps4, play my CFM game, and turn it off. I'm much more lazy than I use to be. Or less, depending on perspective lol.

Maybe if I prepared like I did in the past I would still be a champion of all madden.
I still think you could handle my green. At least you admit it's because you been lazy instead of blaming it on All-Madden. On All-Madden you can't be lazy. You have to scheme and you strategy all the time. I love playing the game this way. That's how you are suppose to play the game. In real life if you don't take your opponent serious you get blasted. A lot of guys don't like to play the game with that kind intensity. When the gameplay gets rough like that, you start hearing the All-Madden cheats and all that other lame crap and excuses about why they can't handle All-Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »