Home

How online players have killed Madden.

This is a discussion on How online players have killed Madden. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2015, 04:05 PM   #33
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How online players have killed Madden.

Thank goodness Rex was hinting at a sim style ranked mode months back that enforces current injuries and suspensions etc.

That'll be very nice

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 10-26-2015 at 04:53 AM.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:07 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Icon1 Re: How online players have killed Madden.

There's some great ideas in this thread but I'd like to throw one more. Dump the win-loss record and go to a point system. Think how racing games like Forza work...and sort of like how EA did points in NCAA fair play..

There are tons of ways EA could use such a system to encourage better behavior and penalize stupidity. Here are some ideas:

You get points for a win but also get some points for finishing a game, encouraging users to not quit as often.

The more of your playbook you use in a game the more points you receive at the end, win or lose.

You get points for punting.

Kicking field goals earns points.

You lose points for going for it on 4th down... you lose a LOT of points when you go for it on your side of the field. And you lose more points when going for it earlier on in the game.

Kneeling to run out the clock when you have the lead is a lot of points.

Bombing it in the last moments of the game when you're winning is penalized by losing points.

Encourage better behavior with rewards akin to winning overall and call those points a "sportsman" score.

Have tiers of sportsman scores so people who play str8 rise up and idiots sink down even if they win more...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-26-2015, 12:41 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
There's some great ideas in this thread but I'd like to throw one more. Dump the win-loss record and go to a point system. Think how racing games like Forza work...and sort of like how EA did points in NCAA fair play..

There are tons of ways EA could use such a system to encourage better behavior and penalize stupidity. Here are some ideas:

You get points for a win but also get some points for finishing a game, encouraging users to not quit as often.

The more of your playbook you use in a game the more points you receive at the end, win or lose.

You get points for punting.

Kicking field goals earns points.

You lose points for going for it on 4th down... you lose a LOT of points when you go for it on your side of the field. And you lose more points when going for it earlier on in the game.

Kneeling to run out the clock when you have the lead is a lot of points.

Bombing it in the last moments of the game when you're winning is penalized by losing points.

Encourage better behavior with rewards akin to winning overall and call those points a "sportsman" score.

Have tiers of sportsman scores so people who play str8 rise up and idiots sink down even if they win more...
Wonderful ideas...

Why do I feel I've seen some of these before? Particularly the points for keel downs, loss of points for 4th downs, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
If a player's defense is so bad that going for it on 4th and 25 (most also do it on their own side of the field) is better than punting it then they should probably work on their defense.

Players shouldn't think their defense is so bad that any time they aren't on offense they're giving up 7 points, they should work on their weakness and make the smart football decision instead of running four verticals and lobbing it up on 4th and 30 from their own 10. Maybe if this was NCAA football I would understand teams being aggressive and going for it on 4th and 5, 4th and 6 (still not 4th and 25), etc, college is a whole different ball game.
Wouldn't a player think their defence is elite if they go for it on 4th and 25?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2015, 10:46 AM   #37
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Playing the CPU sucks
Playing randoms online sucks

If they didn't have leagues I wouldn't bother with his game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-26-2015, 11:46 AM   #38
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyxGoDxIsxGrEaTeR
Wonderful ideas...

Why do I feel I've seen some of these before? Particularly the points for keel downs, loss of points for 4th downs, etc.
They were in NCAA football. When you played, you'd get a sportsmanship score with bonuses and penalties. I don't remember what it actually did, but would flash across the score ticker as you played.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:47 AM   #39
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Playing the CPU sucks
Playing randoms online sucks

If they didn't have leagues I wouldn't bother with his game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I enjoy league play a lot, I'm just kinda shut out from it ATM as I work a lot of evenings on the West Coast. Scheduling games is a nightmare.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:38 PM   #40
Rookie

CBAT's Arena

OVR: 2

It really is not fun. I get a game here and there against someone that is enjoyable, where they are calling different offensive plays out of different formations. And then I get other games, where they run 3-4 plays out of the game formation all game long. If I shut down two of the offensive plays, it leaves me completely vulnerable on the third play. Ironic that most of them use the Cowboys? :-p

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »