Home

CPU run game

This is a discussion on CPU run game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #25
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU run game

I know some Madden players don't want to hear this. But if your playing on All-Pro or below. It is very hard to have a consistent CPU running game (or offense for that matter) if you switch on defense.

If you are willing to play with a true "no switch" mentality on defense you will find the CPU will play you much stronger and make you focus that much more on your draft, and off-season to get yourself good CPU teammates. If I switch I will dominate the CPU.

I went to this "no switch" mentality back on Madden 10 and have never looked back.

I choose a player I will play as before the snap and I do not switch after the snap.....no matter what.

It's a different way to play, but I promise you it will challenge you and feel rewarding when you build your team.

Try it out.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 04:26 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I know some Madden players don't want to hear this. But if your playing on All-Pro or below. It is very hard to have a consistent CPU running game (or offense for that matter) if you switch on defense.

If you are willing to play with a true "no switch" mentality on defense you will find the CPU will play you much stronger and make you focus that much more on your draft, and off-season to get yourself good CPU teammates. If I switch I will dominate the CPU.

I went to this "no switch" mentality back on Madden 10 and have never looked back.

I choose a player I will play as before the snap and I do not switch after the snap.....no matter what.

It's a different way to play, but I promise you it will challenge you and feel rewarding when you build your team.

Try it out.
Serious question (not sarcasm) What's the point of not switching? You're essentially just watching the CPU play the CPU if they ever get by you and you're leaving massive defensive liabilities all over the field. You wouldn't rather have full control of your team rather than full control of just a single player? What's the point of picking players you like

Does that mean you choose between a QB, HB or WR on offense?

Not knocking you at all, just curious lol it just doesn't really make sense to me but to each his own. If it makes you happy, go for it.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #27
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't play "no switch", but I'm probably going to try it out. I think the point of playing that way is obvious in his post above. It makes the CPU offense more realistic. I'm tired of shutting teams out on all pro, only to switch over to all madden and get destroyed by 40 points a game. Until Madden has a difficulty in between, "no switch" using the defensive camera will likely just make the game harder defensively, and add more challenge.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:47 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyraymond23
Serious question (not sarcasm) What's the point of not switching? You're essentially just watching the CPU play the CPU if they ever get by you and you're leaving massive defensive liabilities all over the field. You wouldn't rather have full control of your team rather than full control of just a single player? What's the point of picking players you like

Not knocking you at all, just curious lol it just doesn't really make sense to me but to each his own. If it makes you happy, go for it.
I actually never even knew people switched on Defense, I tried it a few times and I missed every tackle, every interception or ball swat and the computer would destroy me. I stopped after that and I only play as a DE, rush the QB, that's it and I let the computer handle my defensive back field. Never got how people could actually play as anything other than a linemen on D. Even in the pass defense drills I only got maybe 2 interceptions out of 8 attempts lol
Old 10-20-2015, 05:02 PM   #29
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

It makes defense a lot more rewarding for me. Caused Fumbles, Sacks, INTs, even reading the play if it's a run and taking the LB and making the right read and crashing the correct gap for a lost in the backfield, is just awesome. When I play switch defense is basically making defense a chore.

I even play no switch defense in nba 2k. Whoever I score with on the offensive end, I use thar player on the following defensive possession.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2015, 05:18 PM   #30
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I loved the Defensive camera last year, but this year its unplayable if you switch defenders. Along with All Pro just being too easy to play defense on if you switch, I think "defensive camera, no switch" is likely the way to go to make the game more of a challenge.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

I really doesn't matter if you switch on defense or not. If you play an aggressive defensive scheme and get after the CPU with your playcalling, you'll crush there run all game on All-Pro from just calling basic plays to stop the run. You don't have to switch. The only time I switch on defense(on All-Madden) is when I'm trying to run the RB down from behind when he breaks one. I wreck havoc with the player I control. If you aren't making plays with the player you are controlling and calling weak plays(like zone coverage all game) to stop the run you might get ran on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 06:02 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

It makes player ratings matter more, which makes roster management in CFM important.
It is more rewarding if you have football knowledge (in my opinion).
It makes playcalling more important.
For some, it is just funner.

Most no switch guys only follow the rule for defense.
On offense "no switch" means you do not switch to the receiver while the ball is in the air in order to user catch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »