Home

some defensive help please

This is a discussion on some defensive help please within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2015, 02:01 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
some defensive help please

I play on all madden with some sliders tweaked. What I notice is that it seems on defense at certain points during the contest the cpu becomes unstoppable. I know people have said for years there is hidden momentum or something built into madden that when it happens there is literally nothing you can do to stop it.

What kind of playcalls are you having success with? I am using the Bengals who have a solid d-line, so typically I play zone or man, I don't blitz often. It seems like when I try to play with press coverage, the cpu will blow right by me and get me for a long bomb completion. I am not an expert madden player by no means so that is why I am on here asking for some pointers to help me. The biggest thing that stands out to me also is if you can't get pressure on the cpu qb it's like he has 1 year int he pocket just waiting to find someone so I am wondering if blitzing more would help me if the d line can't generate pressure and if zone or man coverage works better for most.

Thanks for anyone who bothers to respond to this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 08:10 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: some defensive help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleetus
I play on all madden with some sliders tweaked. What I notice is that it seems on defense at certain points during the contest the cpu becomes unstoppable. I know people have said for years there is hidden momentum or something built into madden that when it happens there is literally nothing you can do to stop it.

What kind of playcalls are you having success with? I am using the Bengals who have a solid d-line, so typically I play zone or man, I don't blitz often. It seems like when I try to play with press coverage, the cpu will blow right by me and get me for a long bomb completion. I am not an expert madden player by no means so that is why I am on here asking for some pointers to help me. The biggest thing that stands out to me also is if you can't get pressure on the cpu qb it's like he has 1 year int he pocket just waiting to find someone so I am wondering if blitzing more would help me if the d line can't generate pressure and if zone or man coverage works better for most.

Blitz more, clearly you're not getting enough pressure on the QB. I've come to the realization that zone coverage is awful in Madden, it's too easy to pick it apart with an accurate QB.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:46 PM   #3
Rookie

My son told me that he finds one to five different defensive plays that work very well all the time and he only uses these. I say he needs to use more of the many defenses that are offered. He says no, he'll use what works. I try to match against the offense with the appropriate defense. His plan works better than mine.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:59 AM   #4
Pro

Ugggh... I don't see a listing for r1 when the ball is in the air but it's apparently the p.i. button. I swear it was the swat button on 15 so it's such a habit to press it instead of square or triangle....fml took 7 p.i. against the ravens...

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2015, 02:13 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just started my third season of cfm and gave up 500+ yards to Big Ben. Receivers were wiiiiide open all game long regardless of what defense I lined up in and even blitzing never put any pressure on him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #6
Banned

Since I stopped using zone coverages my defense has improved ten fold. All man coverage, especially when blitzing.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:37 PM   #7
Rookie

althor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleetus

There are times when I simply cannot stop the CPU. When that happens I just score more points than they do until the momentum shifts. The way I score more points is go for 2s. After 3 tds you are up by a fieldgoal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »