Home

Eluding and Breaking Tackles: Tips, Tricks and Observations

This is a discussion on Eluding and Breaking Tackles: Tips, Tricks and Observations within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2015, 08:05 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Eluding and Breaking Tackles: Tips, Tricks and Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
Quick right-left and left-right jukes are my go to. I'll press a stretch run to the outside, then hit one of those jukes to cut it back to the middle with some pretty good success. I rarely use the L2 modifier with moves, but I probably should more often.

I also like the back juke/spin combo when I have a guy coming at me from the side
This is what I do with Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
I like to truck defenders with a powerful back. But I'm so dissapointed when I use the stiff arm and have no success
This is what I do with Coleman

I typically use jukes with quick/elusive guys and if I have a big strong RB with TRK abilities I'll purposely try to plow them over. Coleman has great success even on All Madden with Trucking and his 93 speed makes him able to break away from the pack as well.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:05 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugernator
I've been having a tough time trucking anyone this year, I have a good power back (86 strength, 91 trucking). Anybody have tips for that as well?
Do you use the precision modifier? (left trigger on XB1) For me personally that made all the difference, that and what is your elusiveness at? Idk if this is real or imagined, but it seems the higher elusiveness for me, the more successful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 12:18 PM   #11
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I agree with this no matter what button u hit I don't even see the rb sticking out his arm to push the defender away...and don't even hear the announcers even mention the rb used the Stiff arm like they would say in previous maddens.

This is a useless move in 16 because the rb gets tackled right away when using it hopefully this is fixed in 17.
Why wait till next year though? Shouldnt be something tough to patch in. Just change the numbers around so the odds of a stiff arm is more successful. Would be nice.

Besides, if the devs are playing the game, they should get frustrated over the lack of stiff arms as well. Unless of course they just neglect to use the stiff arm because they know it's broken. If that's the case then that's just not right lol fix it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 02:47 PM   #12
Rookie

jhoff7324's Arena

OVR: 1

I think something that I have come to realize this year is that the timing is different so, you need to see your move earlier and make the move slightly earlier than the past. I can still pull off the large "jump" juke but, just have to time it up differently this year than in the past.

If you have some open space slow down.. let off the sprint button...and let the defender start to close in on your ball carrier and then flick the R-stick in the direction the defender is coming from. Make sure to point your L-stick behind the oncoming tackler to ensure you are not wrapped into the tackle. It is not necessarily the quality of the moves this year but, the timing and how we need to set the defender up before making your move.

The most effective move (another poster mentioned) in a pinch is; the left-right-left (or vice-versa) on the R-stick. This tends to slow the defender up and most of your players speed continues to carry through the move.

Hope that helps a little bit!
Old 10-23-2015, 03:29 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff7324
I think something that I have come to realize this year is that the timing is different so, you need to see your move earlier and make the move slightly earlier than the past. I can still pull off the large "jump" juke but, just have to time it up differently this year than in the past.

If you have some open space slow down.. let off the sprint button...and let the defender start to close in on your ball carrier and then flick the R-stick in the direction the defender is coming from. Make sure to point your L-stick behind the oncoming tackler to ensure you are not wrapped into the tackle. It is not necessarily the quality of the moves this year but, the timing and how we need to set the defender up before making your move.

The most effective move (another poster mentioned) in a pinch is; the left-right-left (or vice-versa) on the R-stick. This tends to slow the defender up and most of your players speed continues to carry through the move.

Hope that helps a little bit!
I agree with all of this. I am finding more and more that if a defender is coming straight on at me and I do a juke a little early followed by a second quick juke, they whiff hard. Sort of a setup.

The other good point you made is laying off of the sprint button. If I make it into the open field but the safety has the angle on me, I like to lay off sprint and actually angle towards the safety, I find this gives me a two way go to either mash sprint and cut across his face or mash sprint and out run the new angle he adjusted to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2015, 07:07 PM   #14
Rookie

like most of u have said im pretty good with the double juke and back spin. its sad that i even have to result to using this with power backs due to lack of sucess trucking people. i play user with demarco, lynch and lacy, and they are able to break tackles and often run through 2-3 off my defenders. but when im using leavon bell i fall backwards on first contact every time even when trying to truck stick normal or modified. its to the point i dont even try to truck no more cause i dont even fall forward so i always double juke. my league stats are 1250 yards and 6 ypc right now but on the broken takcles i have 2 compareed to the top guy who is at 54 week16. i dont wanna know how to eldude i wanna know how i can break them or star running backs become obsolete cause i can double juke the same stats with any backup rbs.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #15
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
Why wait till next year though? Shouldnt be something tough to patch in. Just change the numbers around so the odds of a stiff arm is more successful. Would be nice.

Besides, if the devs are playing the game, they should get frustrated over the lack of stiff arms as well. Unless of course they just neglect to use the stiff arm because they know it's broken. If that's the case then that's just not right lol fix it!
Well im not sure its even been brought up to them at all I know everybody talked to them about issues in cfm but I haven't seen one thread about the stiff arm being broken or not working so maybe they don't know or like u said don't use it.

Would be nice if they could patch it into 16.... I hate trying to run and hitting the button only to be dragged down by defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 11:47 AM   #16
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

I think power running in general has been nerfed into the ground (no pun intended). In older Maddens, it was the truck stick that was OP, then the stiff arm, and now both have been nerfed to where even the league's best power backs can't reliably run over DBs.

I think the elusiveness rating is OP now, as well, which the smaller/quicker backs usually have a high rating in. I think elusiveness is more effective than the trucking rating at breaking tackles.

I don't think we need to go back to the days where trucking LBs was a 50/50 proposition and you could run 'em over and still be in full stride, but I would think that a RB who trucks someone in a break down position would be able to fall forward for 2+ yards most of the time, and even manage to completely break the tackle sometimes.

Until then, I think the play is to pick quick & elusive backs, run zone plays, and use the RB heavily in the pass game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »