Home

Eluding and Breaking Tackles: Tips, Tricks and Observations

This is a discussion on Eluding and Breaking Tackles: Tips, Tricks and Observations within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2015, 12:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Eluding and Breaking Tackles: Tips, Tricks and Observations

Has anyone noticed a stark difference between real RBs and created cfm mycareer guys? I played as power back and would break an absurd amount of tackles a game. Stiff arm worked great, every now and then the precision modifier would allow you to blast a guy off to the side with the palm of your hand like iron man.

Haven't played much with others so I am curious to compare

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2015, 10:04 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 20

If you want power backs to really work well, you need to turn down the CPU tackling slider. I believe this should be turned down for both sides anyways (at least 40), it makes the game play so much better. You will have a lot more success with the trucking and stiff arm animations.

You really need to learn how to time the stiff arm to get it to work, but trust me it does. I have found great success, more so with the "jab" stiff arm then the one where you hold down the button.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:05 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasto
Has anyone noticed a stark difference between real RBs and created cfm mycareer guys? I played as power back and would break an absurd amount of tackles a game. Stiff arm worked great, every now and then the precision modifier would allow you to blast a guy off to the side with the palm of your hand like iron man.

Haven't played much with others so I am curious to compare

There's no longer a "precision stiff arm", doing that will trigger a celebration and cause your RB to fumble. I believe last year was the same way.

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke
Old 10-26-2015, 07:48 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lacy
There's no longer a "precision stiff arm", doing that will trigger a celebration and cause your RB to fumble. I believe last year was the same way.
Good call out. I was going from memory and am definitely wrong on this.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:59 AM   #21
Rookie

jhoff7324's Arena

OVR: 1

After doing some more testing and working on moves over the weekend, I have started to have more success w/power backs and the moves that they use.

Unlike the past few Maddens, the "truck stick" is back to the animation where the running back will dip their head in battering ram style and raise back up in one motion.

The past few years the truck stick could be held up and your RB would run w/ their head down until they ran into contact or fell over from their forward momentum. This would be a lot easier to get your RB to fall forward for a few extra yards.

The truck stick now takes proper timing to work. I have had success with most backs while using the truck stick now that I have figured it out.

Just as my post mentions above the timing is completely different this year and takes some time to master.

I have had success with the truck stick (flick up on R-stick), punch stiff arm (tap A/X), and the hold them off stiff arm (hold A/X).

You NEED to time the stiff arm and truck stick a little bit earlier this year to find success with these moves. When timed correctly they works as they should. It is not necessarily "nerfed" but, rather needs a little bit more practice to land.

Try getting into practice and running toss sweeps with different RB's and throw stiff arms as much as possible to find the right timing of the move. You will see it still works but, just needs to be thrown a little earlier than in the past.

I hope this helps a little... Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to get you all the answers

Now... I can't wait until this work day is over so I can go slap some would be tacklers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 07:02 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff7324
After doing some more testing and working on moves over the weekend, I have started to have more success w/power backs and the moves that they use.

Unlike the past few Maddens, the "truck stick" is back to the animation where the running back will dip their head in battering ram style and raise back up in one motion.

The past few years the truck stick could be held up and your RB would run w/ their head down until they ran into contact or fell over from their forward momentum. This would be a lot easier to get your RB to fall forward for a few extra yards.

The truck stick now takes proper timing to work. I have had success with most backs while using the truck stick now that I have figured it out.

Just as my post mentions above the timing is completely different this year and takes some time to master.

I have had success with the truck stick (flick up on R-stick), punch stiff arm (tap A/X), and the hold them off stiff arm (hold A/X).

You NEED to time the stiff arm and truck stick a little bit earlier this year to find success with these moves. When timed correctly they works as they should. It is not necessarily "nerfed" but, rather needs a little bit more practice to land.

Try getting into practice and running toss sweeps with different RB's and throw stiff arms as much as possible to find the right timing of the move. You will see it still works but, just needs to be thrown a little earlier than in the past.

I hope this helps a little... Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to get you all the answers

Now... I can't wait until this work day is over so I can go slap some would be tacklers!

you have any tips or clips on the timings u had success with
Old 10-26-2015, 08:00 PM   #23
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadheadnympho
you have any tips or clips on the timings u had success with
I have tried it at different times and still to no prevail....even went into practice mode and tried and the rb dosent even extend his arm out he puts it up but thats not a stiff arm animation and likevi previous stated in previous maddens the announcers would say he through out the stiff arm.

Now there's no mention of it and rb gets dragged down... Don't know how ppl say it works because I've and others have had zero success.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:37 PM   #24
Rookie

Yeah, i use Leveon Bell and a rookie power back in my CFM, and I seem to be able to truck/stiff arm a reasonable amount. I tend to fall forward more than 50% of the time, which is pretty good. As for stiff arms, the timing is different. I've gotten better at it and will see my guys (about 90 stiff arm each) occasionally stiff arm the defender into the ground (1-2 times a game which is good), as well as run with the defender for a while. There's plenty of times my RB will pick up 3-6 more yards by carrying the defender with him. I've also had him carry the defender for 5 yards and then break free (but is usually then tackled by someone else). Seems decent to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »