Home

Rookie Performance

This is a discussion on Rookie Performance within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

OVR: 0
Rookie Performance

Anyone else notice that rookies in their first year tend to be extremely inconsistent especially on the road? I drafted a QB and he will have some games where he is outstanding then others where is is barely completing 50% of his passes and throws 3 picks.

For reference here is a good game: 485 yards, 2 TD, 81% Completion
Bad game: 234 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT, 50% completion

Now i know that bad game isnt that bad to be honest especially for a rookies besides the interceptions and I know the good game is just really too good to be true and was a fluke. I also know that playing different teams means different results but I was wondering if anyone knows if tihs is scripted in the game?

There of course is user error to but not when he is missing targets by 10-15 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Rookie Performance

It's ridiculous this year, you can have no one around you for 10 yards and will overthrow receivers by a mile. I have no idea why it happens, and people here will try to tell you it's your fault in some way, but it's the game.

To me it seems like if you're on the road it knocks 50 points off your accuracy on random plays. I hear people talking about momentum engine being in the game, maybe that's it.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
Rookie

althor's Arena

Have you guys spent much time watching Mariota or Winston? There are times they are 10 yards away from the receiver. It really isn't that abnormal.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:33 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Does anyone else read the OP and have a sigh of relief?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by althor
Have you guys spent much time watching Mariota or Winston? There are times they are 10 yards away from the receiver. It really isn't that abnormal.
Im not saying its abnormal but to go from having great games or even adequate games to barely completing 50% of passes and throwing 3 picks there is something wrong there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by althor
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Im not saying its abnormal but to go from having great games or even adequate games to barely completing 50% of passes and throwing 3 picks there is something wrong there.
And the thing is it's a video game. The game can't decide to just make your guy have a bad game, when you just push a button it should do what it's supposed to. I'm fine with a bad game but I think it's kind of unfair to not know why or what's causing it. You do everything the same as always but all of a sudden your starting NFL QB just forgets how to throw.

Last edited by rugernator; 10-26-2015 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:14 PM   #7
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugernator
The thing is it's a video game. The game can't decide to just make your guy have a bad game, when you just push a button it should do what it's supposed to. I'm fine with a bad game but I think it's kind of unfair to not know why or what's causing it. You do everything the same as always but all of a sudden your starting NFL QB just forgets how to throw.

Exactly if there was a stat say Consistency that actually impacted how the player played I would be fine with it I just want some control over it. I appreciate the fact that rookies and especially QB' can be extremely inconsistent I just want some control. Make me focus on QB in practice or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2015, 02:17 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterperpetual
Exactly if there was a stat say Consistency that actually impacted how the player played I would be fine with it I just want some control over it. I appreciate the fact that rookies and especially QB' can be extremely inconsistent I just want some control. Make me focus on QB in practice or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I'm with you. Even if there was some sort of explanation/set up like "this place is one of the toughest places to play and he's been struggling with his accuracy in practice...." I think this could be taken care of with better presentation, but that's a whole other monster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »