Home

This damn error is killing me

This is a discussion on This damn error is killing me within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
This damn error is killing me

Playing on ps4 since launch, about 3 weeks ago everytime I try to play offline franchise I get error CE-34878-0. It tells me to update the game or my system but when I try they are both up to date.

I've deleted and reinstalled the game several times, I've deleted all application data several times, I tried disconnecting my ps4 from the Internet, nothing works at all.

Does any one have any ideas or solutions? The only mode I play is Franchise this is really ruining this year for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 08:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: This damn error is killing me

Have you tried doing a "quick initialization"? If not I would try that. If you do decide to go that route. You'll see that in the settings on the PS4. I can't remember off hand where exactly. It's easy to find. I recommend you upload anything you want to keep to the online storage such as any playbooks, rosters, etc. You can try to upload the offline CFM file. Be careful doing that though. Reason being whatever it is that has your game corrupt may be one of the things you attempt to upload which may be the CFM file. You will have to start over if you choose to not upload it. I believe that should fix your issue. Make sure you do the QUICK initialization. Do NOT do the FULL. The full takes far longer. Let me know if this helps your issue.

Last edited by chevelle21; 10-29-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:32 PM   #3
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle21
Have you tried doing a "quick initialization"? If not I would try that. If you do decide to go that route. You'll see that in the settings on the PS4. I can't remember off hand where exactly. It's easy to find. I recommend you upload anything you want to keep to the online storage such as any playbooks, rosters, etc. You can try to upload the offline CFM file. Be careful doing that though. Reason being whatever it is that has your game corrupt may be one of the things you attempt to upload which may be the CFM file. You will have to start over if you choose to not upload it. I believe that should fix your issue. Make sure you do the QUICK initialization. Do NOT do the FULL. The full takes far longer. Let me know if this helps your issue.
Does a quick initaliazation erases all saves and games on my console? I have no problem at all with any other games just madden, I don't want to have to start over everything else and re download all my games.

One thing I didn't try to delete was my actual madden profile and the sliders I have saved. Could any of those be corrupted and causing the issue?
Old 10-29-2015, 08:41 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Does a quick initaliazation erases all saves and games on my console? I have no problem at all with any other games just madden, I don't want to have to start over everything else and re download all my games.

One thing I didn't try to delete was my actual madden profile and the sliders I have saved. Could any of those be corrupted and causing the issue?
There's truly no way to tell what is exactly corrupted. You can try to upload EVERYTHING to the online storage and do the quick initialization. It may fix it or it may not. Yes, I believe it will erase all downloaded games. That is the downside, having to download them again. I've had do this multiple times with madden 15. Fixed my issue but would arise again after some time. Something I had was corrupted. I was too stubborn to redo all my playbooks so I would just put up with it. I did this quick initialization a week ago because the game kept disconnecting me from online games (same issue with madden 15). Haven't had any issues since then .
Old 10-29-2015, 09:11 PM   #5
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle21
There's truly no way to tell what is exactly corrupted. You can try to upload EVERYTHING to the online storage and do the quick initialization. It may fix it or it may not. Yes, I believe it will erase all downloaded games. That is the downside, having to download them again. I've had do this multiple times with madden 15. Fixed my issue but would arise again after some time. Something I had was corrupted. I was too stubborn to redo all my playbooks so I would just put up with it. I did this quick initialization a week ago because the game kept disconnecting me from online games (same issue with madden 15). Haven't had any issues since then .
Awesome thanks you. I don't really have much to lose in terms of playbooks and such just gonna suck redownloading all my games and saves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 09:53 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Sounds like your CFM file is corrupted.

Do you have a save file from the same CFM but an earlier save?

Where are you in your CFM that this is happening? Off-season?
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-29-2015, 10:10 PM   #7
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Sounds like your CFM file is corrupted.

Do you have a save file from the same CFM but an earlier save?

Where are you in your CFM that this is happening? Off-season?
I actually deleted every cfm, playbook, roster, slider, etc I had. I also deleted my profile and just started everything fresh. Got into my first offline cfm game went to super sim and boom happened again. So I closed madden opened it back up and went back into the same game, this time I didn't super sim and everything worked fine.

Long story short I guess super sim is what is causing the error for me. Thanks to everyone for your help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »