Home

FIX Madden dammit!!!

This is a discussion on FIX Madden dammit!!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2015, 12:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
FIX Madden dammit!!!

I honestly don't understand what it is about EA and lack of Madden patches. are they really telling us that fixing roster/ratings are so time consuming that they cant fix the game? or is that that they refuse to address the issues. I just want a game that doesnt have so many bugs and glitches.

This might be a bit of a laundry list of wants but I dont think that it is too much to ask.

~CFM progression CPU and user controlled players.
- I hate that the cpu players do not progress, its a big issue that the players we have that are having monster years still dont progress like they should, but continuing to ignore the cpu players development is a big let down.

~have the rating actually matter
- I know im not the only one who has dealt with this because I have talked to so many other users that have had the same problem. Too many times the AI will force miscues or mistakes just so you can keep the game close or lose the game. Ever been up 21-7 and on the verge of going for another TD and you go for a first down just to get a holding call against you; then next play your QB is stuck to the ground like he is stuck in cement just to get a sack and be down 3 and 26, then to go and have your player WR/TE catch the ball just to have the defender hit him and drop the ball and then you're forced to punt the ball. Then after that the CPU becomes super fast and can not be stopped just to score a TD and keep the game close. You check rating to see that your high 80 low 90s can not stop a 76 RB with low AWR 86 speed 87 ACC. If rating do not matter because the game is going to dictate when someone can have big gains then dont have ratings.

Better OL/DL play
why neglect the staples of every team. if you have a bad OL your offense can not succeed on a consistent basis same for the DL if they are not good the rest of your defense suffers. So why is it that there is not a good blocking scheme in the game. No run blocking!? too many times i see OL whiff on their assignment to let defender come in and take your player down for a loss. Again rating holds no baring to the way your OL will play. Make them high 90s in blocking and high awr and they still play like they are 6th or 7th round rookies starting for the first time. When on defense 99 block shedding end can not shed a block against a 70 something OL says something about the game.

challenges
if you are not going to give us a chance to choose what we are challenging they take them out of the game. They are adding intentional mistakes in the game just to show that we can challenge a play; but the challenge is worthless because they dont let us choose what we want to challenge.

I am tired of playing this game that I refuse to play it again until they fix these issues and stop telling us how beautiful the game is just to try to get us forget the issues. They seriously keep avoiding fixing the issues. I want all the bells and whistles but give me some great gameplay first.

I am tired of people saying that it takes time to make the game and they dont have alot of time with only having about a year to make the next one. That is straight BS because they have gone from scrapping what they had and come out with something "new and innovative." So if they have time to do that they have time to fix the same damn issues that re-occur in the game year after year.

I dont mean to sound like those people that nit pick about every issue but these are issues that have been there before and have yet to be addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 07:52 AM   #2
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Re: FIX Madden dammit!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onin9190

- I hate that the cpu players do not progress, its a big issue that the players we have that are having monster years still dont progress like they should, but continuing to ignore the cpu players development is a big let down.
What makes you think CPU controlled players don't progress?
Old 10-31-2015, 08:13 AM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Not a great title for a thread, not sure how long this one stays open when we already have a thread for impressions.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ssions-34.html
Old 10-31-2015, 08:23 AM   #4
Rookie

My only situation for you is to just play nba 2k16....I cant play madden no more....I feel cheated after playing other next gen sport games. I will say in whole Madden is a complete ripoff...and the most frustrating part is knowing this is the only football game made. EA has destroyed or part of destroying college and pro football
Old 10-31-2015, 11:24 AM   #5
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I feel I have witnessed the unstoppable CPU offensive drives; seems to happen a lot in MUT and Draft Champions to keep things close and try to set up a dramatic end game; it does seem the OP may have a valid point; though the title could have been better for this thread..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2015, 09:26 PM   #6
Banned

I think most people being objective would agree that if Madden was the first game of the madden series and being compared to other sports title... It would get a 4.5-5/10. But, being that EA can't make a good football game... I'm satisfied with this years title.

It's disrespectful to the consumer to sell such a poor project but I am enjoying playing and it feels alright enough for a football game.

It is what it is and we have no choices. Enjoy what you can and look past the flaws if you want to play a football game.

I'm about to go play my Patriots franchise
Old 11-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
I honestly don't understand what it is about EA and lack of Madden patches. are they really telling us that fixing roster/ratings are so time consuming that they cant fix the game? or is that that they refuse to address the issues. I just want a game that doesnt have so many bugs and glitches.

This might be a bit of a laundry list of wants but I dont think that it is too much to ask.

~have the rating actually matter
- I know im not the only one who has dealt with this because I have talked to so many other users that have had the same problem. Too many times the AI will force miscues or mistakes just so you can keep the game close or lose the game. Ever been up 21-7 and on the verge of going for another TD and you go for a first down just to get a holding call against you; then next play your QB is stuck to the ground like he is stuck in cement just to get a sack and be down 3 and 26, then to go and have your player WR/TE catch the ball just to have the defender hit him and drop the ball and then you're forced to punt the ball. Then after that the CPU becomes super fast and can not be stopped just to score a TD and keep the game close. You check rating to see that your high 80 low 90s can not stop a 76 RB with low AWR 86 speed 87 ACC. If rating do not matter because the game is going to dictate when someone can have big gains then dont have ratings.

Better OL/DL play
why neglect the staples of every team. if you have a bad OL your offense can not succeed on a consistent basis same for the DL if they are not good the rest of your defense suffers. So why is it that there is not a good blocking scheme in the game. No run blocking!? too many times i see OL whiff on their assignment to let defender come in and take your player down for a loss. Again rating holds no baring to the way your OL will play. Make them high 90s in blocking and high awr and they still play like they are 6th or 7th round rookies starting for the first time. When on defense 99 block shedding end can not shed a block against a 70 something OL says something about the game.

challenges
if you are not going to give us a chance to choose what we are challenging they take them out of the game. They are adding intentional mistakes in the game just to show that we can challenge a play; but the challenge is worthless because they dont let us choose what we want to challenge.

I am tired of playing this game that I refuse to play it again until they fix these issues and stop telling us how beautiful the game is just to try to get us forget the issues. They seriously keep avoiding fixing the issues. I want all the bells and whistles but give me some great gameplay first.

I am tired of people saying that it takes time to make the game and they dont have alot of time with only having about a year to make the next one. That is straight BS because they have gone from scrapping what they had and come out with something "new and innovative." So if they have time to do that they have time to fix the same damn issues that re-occur in the game year after year.

I dont mean to sound like those people that nit pick about every issue but these are issues that have been there before and have yet to be addressed.
Before this gets locked...

1 - The CPU does in fact progress players. Just because we no longer get the same amount of XP that you seem to want, doesn't mean they don't progress at all. The board has seen this complaint plenty, move on.

2 - Do you not watch real football games? Those sequences you mentioned happen every Sunday. The fact that you or I can play 10 games of Madden in a single week make it seem like it happens more often in the game than in real life, but it doesn't.

3 - I do agree that it's not at all aesthetically pleasing watching a pulling guard or fullback completely ignore the one defender you needed blocked in order to score. However, you're wrong in that ratings play no part in the line's performance. Try playing with an elite offensive line and then a crap one. The frequency of missed blocks are completely different in the two situations.

4 - No argument here, the challenge system is flawed.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:13 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

lol you just want a game that dosent have so many bugs and glitches? Go into any sports game sub forum here at Operation Sports Forums and people like you that cry like a dang baby are a dime a dozen here dude. Besides, this game (by the majority) are having a great time playing M16, in other words, YOU are the minority. Heck..i mean your thread is 2 star rated for a reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »