Home

Question about Connected franchise

This is a discussion on Question about Connected franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2015, 09:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about Connected franchise

I recently bought madden 15 becuase I got a super deal but was thinking of getting 16 but I am not happy about the Connected franchize. I created a QB and wanted to take him all the way into retirement to see how well I could do but my problem is the scripted games. If I am behind and it does not want me to win no matter what I do I won't. Example I am the cardinals We are down 7 after leading 3 quarters with a minute left its 21-27 both teams undefeated. Three times in a row I throw a touchdown twice fitz had to jump to catch it both feet inbounds as he falls backwards and both of those are called incomplete yet No review. The third time I throw it short just across the first down marker and he breaks a tackle and makes it into the endzone but this time there is a review and the review is asking if he trapped the ball. He didn't fall down the ball was chest high when he caught it the ground was not even involved yet they ruled it incomplete and time expires. All this season has had this kind of stuff on 15 and I was just wondering if 16 is as bad or is it a lot better? if 16 has the same issues I just don't think I want to deal with it. I don't mind losing if I do bad but I don't want to lose because the cpu scripted it that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 11:52 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Question about Connected franchise

From what I've seen in my years around these forums, you either think games are scripted and can't be convinced otherwise or you chalk it up to "any given Sunday" and move on. Seems like if you believe that it exists, you see it and are convinced that it's there no matter what.

In terms of comparing 16 to 15, the general consensus is that it's a better-playing game. If "scripted games" are what you're worried about, I guess you could probably experience a bad game and consider it scripted no matter what version/sport/team you play.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
From what I've seen in my years around these forums, you either think games are scripted and can't be convinced otherwise or you chalk it up to "any given Sunday" and move on. Seems like if you believe that it exists, you see it and are convinced that it's there no matter what.

In terms of comparing 16 to 15, the general consensus is that it's a better-playing game. If "scripted games" are what you're worried about, I guess you could probably experience a bad game and consider it scripted no matter what version/sport/team you play.
What I consider scripted as in the point in my post where my player caught the ball three times for a TD to tie the game in the closing seconds only twice get called incomplete with no review even though he was clearly in bounds in the endzone and then the third time to catch the ball in the field of play in the middle and run into the endzone only for a review to happen and they call it trapping the ball even though the ball was nowhere near the ground and running out the last few seconds of the game.

The trapping review has happened three times since then all when I am either trying to tie or pull a head from being behind in a game all in the endzone. Having A pass called incomplete when it is actually compleat has also happened numerous times once even when in the middle of the field but still called incomplete saying he was out of bounds all happen when I am on the verge in closing moments of a close game. I don't consider one bad game scripted but I do when it seems to happen in almost every game where no matter what happens something like this stops me and I end up losing the game because of it. Madden 25 was not this bad!

This is my first season as a created player I am in week 14 and I have lost 5 games out of 12. Every one of the losses came down to the wire and every loss had this stuff happen in the closing minute or less causing the loss which seems scripted to me. It is almost like in the old days where all of a sudden the Cpu could just not be stopped only this time it just straight out robs you.

Not to mention players doing really odd things when trying to move down the field late in games like needing a first down with 1 yard to go and you hand off to the running back only he does a animation where it looks like he is ducking under a tackle yet there is no defender and he is open to cross the marker yet then he just runs sideways and gets tackled for a loss or A WR that didn't run the play you called and you did not use a hot route.Like in the closing seconds of my last lost I called an out rout to the sideline to stop the clock and get into field goal range yet my wr didn't run the out he ran a shallow slant in the middle of the field and I had to dump to the RB only he ran backwards for a 15 yard loss. I have no idea why he stopped and started going backwards but it happened.

Last edited by truffleshuffle; 11-05-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

I'm still a little on the fence about the idea of scripting myself. I try not to get too caught up in it and just chalk it up to an off day. What you're describing though definitely sounds fishy, especially if it's happened in all 5 of your losses. In my many years of Madden (since the very first one on PC), I've never seen what you're describing about traps or being called out of bounds when you're in the middle of the field. Not saying you're lying about it just that I haven't seen it. I have seen the occasional incorrect replay where they get the out of bounds part wrong, usually I've challenged a CPU catch and it's upheld the catch even though it was clearly out.

In my experience with 16, I haven't noticed any wonky calls like you're describing.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodjer
I'm still a little on the fence about the idea of scripting myself. I try not to get too caught up in it and just chalk it up to an off day. What you're describing though definitely sounds fishy, especially if it's happened in all 5 of your losses. In my many years of Madden (since the very first one on PC), I've never seen what you're describing about traps or being called out of bounds when you're in the middle of the field. Not saying you're lying about it just that I haven't seen it. I have seen the occasional incorrect replay where they get the out of bounds part wrong, usually I've challenged a CPU catch and it's upheld the catch even though it was clearly out.

In my experience with 16, I haven't noticed any wonky calls like you're describing.
I could not tell you anything about the trapping reviews since this is the only time I have ever seen a review with trapping at all but it has only happened when I have gotten in the endzone and all have caused me to lose a TD and yet none of the plays have ever been a trap because the ball is chest high every time. The out of bounds in the middle of the field has happened in two other madden's to me madden 12 and madden 25. The others happen close to the sideline but you can see my WR clearly getting both feet inbounds and at least taking a step before going out but still being called out of bounds which have happened a lot but more in madden 15 than ever before to me.

Last edited by truffleshuffle; 11-05-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »