Home

How many seasons Will Tom Brady play in CFM

This is a discussion on How many seasons Will Tom Brady play in CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2015, 10:21 AM   #9
Pro

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How many seasons Will Tom Brady play in CFM

Im in my 1st season with the 49ers and I did a fire sale. I traded for Bryce petty and cut Kapernik.. Oh the Patriots signed him to back up Ol Tom Brady lol..
Old 11-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #10
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

I tested this a bit a few months ago. Brady doesn't always retire after 1 season. There is a slight chance he stays on for season 2, I'd say about 20-30% of the time. Haven't tested season 3 but my guess is the chances are even slimmer of him staying.

So you're only gonna get him for 2 seasons max... if you're lucky.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
See...while I agree that Madden has tons of issues...THIS...isnt outside the realm of believable. Take a look at the league around you right now...PFF has Earl Thomas ranked pretty bad. Harrison Smith,in the games I have seen him play and according to "experts", is a better safety due to his tackling, covering, and command of the Defense secondary. Look at what happened when Kam Bam didnt show. Seahawks were way to vulnerable. This isnt even taking in consideration that is Pete Carrol still the coach in your CFM? All I am saying is, I never thought at the start of the season, Matt Stafford would be a part of a firesale, SF would be so bad that Vernon Davis is now a Bronco, and the jags would have one of the most potent aerial attacks on the NFL WITH julius thomas pooping his pants weekly. NFL used to be predictable. With injuries and players way over producing their skill sets, fantasy football has FINALLY been fun and strategic. NFL is squirelly this year so this logic makes sense in the grand scheme of things.

- Garropolo doesnt make sense. Further more I hate how madden use to have former players and retired players come back and you could hire them as coaches. Really upset this doesnt happen. Haubamiller should hit himself for not yelling across the table at implementing NCAA O/D coordinators into Madden.
What PFF rates Thomas this season is irrelevant. In my Madden CFM Earl Thomas is still rated a 95 overall. The Seahawks now have a 99 ovr FS and a 95 ovr FS. Yet their highest WR is a 81. They lost Lynch and the replacement is a 77. Their roster is littered with holes.

This was one of the more extreme examples, but it seems each team has a position where they hoard players. The Cardinals signed JPP (87 ovr) and he replaced a guy on the depth chart that was entering his second year in the league (85 ovr). The 3rd string DE is a 83 ovr. Several teams have 3 guys at a single position rated higher than 80.

What did the Patriots do after Brady retired? They drafted a QB in the first round. Then in the second round they drafted another QB. Then in the next offseason they drafted another QB. So they have 3 QBs rated 74-79, but I think Fitzpatrick is currently their QB. Which means, if the past is any indication, they will draft a QB in the offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 05:18 PM   #12
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
What PFF rates Thomas this season is irrelevant. In my Madden CFM Earl Thomas is still rated a 95 overall. The Seahawks now have a 99 ovr FS and a 95 ovr FS. Yet their highest WR is a 81. They lost Lynch and the replacement is a 77. Their roster is littered with holes.

This was one of the more extreme examples, but it seems each team has a position where they hoard players. The Cardinals signed JPP (87 ovr) and he replaced a guy on the depth chart that was entering his second year in the league (85 ovr). The 3rd string DE is a 83 ovr. Several teams have 3 guys at a single position rated higher than 80.

What did the Patriots do after Brady retired? They drafted a QB in the first round. Then in the second round they drafted another QB. Then in the next offseason they drafted another QB. So they have 3 QBs rated 74-79, but I think Fitzpatrick is currently their QB. Which means, if the past is any indication, they will draft a QB in the offseason.
Man...that sounds kinda busted. I have yet to really hit offseason yet. I likely will tonight. In regards to your previous post...I am just using real world logic. If you want the game to use strictly a numbers logic, then I understand you 100%. Madden has some biggie issues that won't go away with patch on patch and build on top of build. We have been advocating for YEARS that they burn it down and rewrite the game code from scratch. Instead they ported over and basically built on top of a busted foundation. Its like going into a section 8 house and repainting the living wall, its still a busted house, you just made one area prettier. We are stuck though...unless I can have the backing of several hundred thousand dollars...then I would develop a true to scale game and have it revolve around "any given sunday" principles where its not NFL its an offshoot league.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:27 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Man...that sounds kinda busted. I have yet to really hit offseason yet. I likely will tonight. In regards to your previous post...I am just using real world logic. If you want the game to use strictly a numbers logic, then I understand you 100%. Madden has some biggie issues that won't go away with patch on patch and build on top of build. We have been advocating for YEARS that they burn it down and rewrite the game code from scratch. Instead they ported over and basically built on top of a busted foundation. Its like going into a section 8 house and repainting the living wall, its still a busted house, you just made one area prettier. We are stuck though...unless I can have the backing of several hundred thousand dollars...then I would develop a true to scale game and have it revolve around "any given sunday" principles where its not NFL its an offshoot league.
I understand the real world logic perspective but there are issues with that.
In real life we deal with unknowns. But there is no unknown in Madden. So questions like will a guy be able to recover from injury, or is a guy just in a slump or is he regressing (e.g. Thomas and V. Davis) mean nothing in Madden. I don't think there is a quick fix for this. In other threads there is talk of hiding/blurring ratings. That could make roster decisions more lifelike, but I doubt EA is willing to do that.

With regards to the hoarding of positions, there are multiple things contributing to this, yet the good news is that quick fixes would work.
1. Seems there is still a under the hood importance rating that each team has for each position. EA foolishly sets it high for positions where a team has a good player. So FS is marked high importance for the Seahawks, DE is high for the Texans, etc. That is dumb because now those teams think it is more important to upgrade those positions.

2. Deciding whether or not to upgrade a position is constant. May seem like it contradicts #1, but it doesn't. Lets say Seattle did not sign Smith and somehow still got rid of Thomas. So their current FS could be a 75 ovr. Then imagine a 80 ovr FS is available. So they upgrade the FS position by acquiring that guy. That makes sense right? Going from 75 to 80 is a solid move (depending on age, more on that later). The problem is that the 5 point difference is constant at all levels, so just as going from 75 to 80, teams will try to go from 85 to 90, or even worse 90-95. So when you pair this with #1, Seattle saw that 99 ovr Harrison SMith was available. Smith is an upgrade over Earl Thomas, and because that position is flagged high importance, Seattle though it was the right move. That is wrong.

3. Drafting in bunches. This really frustrates me more than the above. If a team has a need for a position going into the draft, you can almost be certain that they will draft multiple guys at that position. I've seen teams draft 3 WRs, 3 CBs, etc. This is caused by one of two things:
a)Team needs don't update throughout the draft. E.g. teams "forget" they spent a 1st round pick on WR so they use a 2nd round on that position as well
b)Needs do update, but since we immediately know the type of player we draft we immediately know whether or not the need is filled. So lets say Baltimore needs a WR and drafts one in the 1st round. Well turns out he is a bust at 72 overall so they still need a WR. So they draft another in the second. So basically what we see is teams drafting WRs until they find one they like (Matt Millen syndrome)

4. Not sure how much age factors into AI roster decisions. Here is what the Pats did as an example:
a)Brady retired, need a QB
b)drafted one in the 1st round. ~73 ovr. Well that is no good
c)drafted one in the 2nd round. 77 ovr. That's good right?
D)Wrong. Sign Fitzpatrick. 78 ovr
e)Start Fitzpatrick all year. Rookie(s) don't develop. Nor does Fitzpatrick
f)Due to high QB importance for the Pats, next offseason they want to upgrade the QB position.
g)go back to b and repeat.

Teams don't make much of an effort to develop rookies. If he is not good enough to start the day he is drafted, the rookie pretty much has no career unless the starter gets injured.

I don't think it ruins CFM though. I'm still having fun with it. Half of the time the AI happens to draft a guy they like, so they stop. But it does seem like each team has one position that is troublesome.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:15 AM   #14
Rookie

midero's Arena

OVR: 0

bought the QB retirement package and Brady decided to quit anyway (after the first season) :-/
Old 11-09-2015, 06:41 AM   #15
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by midero
I just started a career with the Patriots so I really hope that Brady doesn't quit after the first season (especially cuz the draft class has no good QB's).
This part in bold is pretty much false. I'm in Year 6 of my offline CFM and there is no shortage of awesome young QB's in the league. Two 24 year old QB's drafted by the Saints and the Texans have pretty much taken the NFL by storm and tossed for 5,000 yards, 45+ TDs, won MVP's, and are both 93+ OVR players and that's not including my 91 OVR QB who is 27 that I drafted in the 4th round of the 2016 draft. There are plenty of good QB's in the draft classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2015, 10:35 AM   #16
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I understand the real world logic perspective but there are issues with that.
In real life we deal with unknowns. But there is no unknown in Madden. So questions like will a guy be able to recover from injury, or is a guy just in a slump or is he regressing (e.g. Thomas and V. Davis) mean nothing in Madden. I don't think there is a quick fix for this. In other threads there is talk of hiding/blurring ratings. That could make roster decisions more lifelike, but I doubt EA is willing to do that.

With regards to the hoarding of positions, there are multiple things contributing to this, yet the good news is that quick fixes would work.
1. Seems there is still a under the hood importance rating that each team has for each position. EA foolishly sets it high for positions where a team has a good player. So FS is marked high importance for the Seahawks, DE is high for the Texans, etc. That is dumb because now those teams think it is more important to upgrade those positions.

2. Deciding whether or not to upgrade a position is constant. May seem like it contradicts #1, but it doesn't. Lets say Seattle did not sign Smith and somehow still got rid of Thomas. So their current FS could be a 75 ovr. Then imagine a 80 ovr FS is available. So they upgrade the FS position by acquiring that guy. That makes sense right? Going from 75 to 80 is a solid move (depending on age, more on that later). The problem is that the 5 point difference is constant at all levels, so just as going from 75 to 80, teams will try to go from 85 to 90, or even worse 90-95. So when you pair this with #1, Seattle saw that 99 ovr Harrison SMith was available. Smith is an upgrade over Earl Thomas, and because that position is flagged high importance, Seattle though it was the right move. That is wrong.

3. Drafting in bunches. This really frustrates me more than the above. If a team has a need for a position going into the draft, you can almost be certain that they will draft multiple guys at that position. I've seen teams draft 3 WRs, 3 CBs, etc. This is caused by one of two things:
a)Team needs don't update throughout the draft. E.g. teams "forget" they spent a 1st round pick on WR so they use a 2nd round on that position as well
b)Needs do update, but since we immediately know the type of player we draft we immediately know whether or not the need is filled. So lets say Baltimore needs a WR and drafts one in the 1st round. Well turns out he is a bust at 72 overall so they still need a WR. So they draft another in the second. So basically what we see is teams drafting WRs until they find one they like (Matt Millen syndrome)

4. Not sure how much age factors into AI roster decisions. Here is what the Pats did as an example:
a)Brady retired, need a QB
b)drafted one in the 1st round. ~73 ovr. Well that is no good
c)drafted one in the 2nd round. 77 ovr. That's good right?
D)Wrong. Sign Fitzpatrick. 78 ovr
e)Start Fitzpatrick all year. Rookie(s) don't develop. Nor does Fitzpatrick
f)Due to high QB importance for the Pats, next offseason they want to upgrade the QB position.
g)go back to b and repeat.

Teams don't make much of an effort to develop rookies. If he is not good enough to start the day he is drafted, the rookie pretty much has no career unless the starter gets injured.

I don't think it ruins CFM though. I'm still having fun with it. Half of the time the AI happens to draft a guy they like, so they stop. But it does seem like each team has one position that is troublesome.
I put your post up on Rex and Clints twitter directing them to this. Would hope that changes have been already implemented with upcoming patch, or has to be brought to the table for 17

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »