Home

With Donny Moore gone, how do you like the Madden NFL 16 roster updates?

This is a discussion on With Donny Moore gone, how do you like the Madden NFL 16 roster updates? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: With Donny Moore gone, how do you like the Madden NFL 16 roster updates?
They are better 17 19.77%
They are about the same 40 46.51%
They are worse 15 17.44%
Meh, I update and use my own edited roster 14 16.28%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2015, 09:46 AM   #33
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
With Donny Moore gone, how do you like the Madden NFL 16 roster updates?

The rosters are about the same as always. Still way too top heavy. Too many 99's and way to many 90+ overalls.

Contrary to what fans think, all their favorite teams players aren't actually elite.

The rosters are a big reason why the gameplay isn't as realistic as it could be.

I really hope EA goes in a new direction for Madden 17. Hopefully they include an injury system like NFL Head coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by charter04; 11-13-2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #34
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: With Donny Moore gone, how do you like the Madden NFL 16 roster updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Contrary to what fans think, all their favorite teams players aren't actually elite.
This is what happens when 99% of the NFL fan population is emotionally attached to the players. Combine that with the fact that the players themselves are used to being called "the best" since middle school, and you have what you have in such a perceived "top heavy" league as Madden ratings would have us to believe. The truth is actually the exact opposite if you cite data that is more valid than fan perception.

In order to get accurate ratings in this game, you have to ignore fan perception, something I am sure would bring outrage to EA's doorstep via social media.

In this sense, EA has two options:

1) Carry on business as usual with over-inflated ratings that appease to the masses.

2) Attempt to break the past decade and a half of over-inflated ratings with real data and ignore all of the flack they will get from the fans and players for doing so.

Based on what I have seen, you can have either one or the other, but not both. EA must bring in legitimate data sources and break fan perception thereafter. Only then will they truly start to mimic reality in rating these players.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 11-13-2015, 03:07 PM   #35
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_The_Door
Why on earth are you dropping Witten? He's arguably got the best hands at the TE position and runs great option routes (yet awareness is constantly decreased). Why is Tony getting decreased when he's not even playing....?

Witten has actually been grading poorer than usual, don't get me wrong I think he's still playing well but he's not playing best in the league well, Romo went down after a re-evaluation from the first game and a half he played.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #36

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
This is what happens when 99% of the NFL fan population is emotionally attached to the players. Combine that with the fact that the players themselves are used to being called "the best" since middle school, and you have what you have in such a perceived "top heavy" league as Madden ratings would have us to believe. The truth is actually the exact opposite if you cite data that is more valid than fan perception.

In order to get accurate ratings in this game, you have to ignore fan perception, something I am sure would bring outrage to EA's doorstep via social media.

In this sense, EA has two options:

1) Carry on business as usual with over-inflated ratings that appease to the masses.

2) Attempt to break the past decade and a half of over-inflated ratings with real data and ignore all of the flack they will get from the fans and players for doing so.

Based on what I have seen, you can have either one or the other, but not both. EA must bring in legitimate data sources and break fan perception thereafter. Only then will they truly start to mimic reality in rating these players.

Fan Perception doesn't play into the ratings.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:26 PM   #37
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Fan Perception doesn't play into the ratings.
If this statement is true, then is it fair to say that you have data that validates having nearly 8% of your current roster with an OVR of 90+ and 34% with an OVR of 80 or greater?
NFL Scout

Old 11-13-2015, 03:42 PM   #38

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
If this statement is true, then is it fair to say that you have data that validates having nearly 8% of your current roster with an OVR of 90+ and 34% with an OVR of 80 or greater?

Sounds like you're getting worked up over a number that actually doesn't mean anything, that being the OVR rating.

Don't worry we have some plans for that.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:02 PM   #39
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

Quote:
Sounds like you're getting worked up over a number that actually doesn't mean anything, that being the OVR rating.

Don't worry we have some plans for that.
I was just asking a question and hoping for a yes or no response.

One thing I will add, is that in the blog detailing the weekly ratings updates (like here: https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...er-update-wk-9), the OVR is often cited to show changes to the player ratings. That makes it at least seem like the OVR holds some importance. I will stand corrected if that is not the case, but perhaps if you were to expound upon why the OVR "doesn't mean anything" and what these plans are, we can all get a better idea of the context of the apparent value of that rating.
NFL Scout

Old 11-13-2015, 04:19 PM   #40
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Witten has actually been grading poorer than usual, don't get me wrong I think he's still playing well but he's not playing best in the league well, Romo went down after a re-evaluation from the first game and a half he played.
I'm not saying he's best in the league, I am saying he's probably got the best hands of any TE in the league, and is probably the most aware TE in the league being that he runs a ton of option routes and is a great edge blocker.

Why should either of those attributes lower just because he doesn't grade as well? Witten doesn't suddenly forget how to catch a football or run a route?

This is my issue with the ratings - you see a lower grade and then react by lowering "something" critical to the players Madden success. This is a joke. Has Witten even dropped a catchable pass this season? Not to mention he's about to surpass 1,000 catches career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »