Home

'A' Consistency rating in draft prospects. Does that mean they could be high dev?

This is a discussion on 'A' Consistency rating in draft prospects. Does that mean they could be high dev? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-08-2015, 09:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
'A' Consistency rating in draft prospects. Does that mean they could be high dev?

From what I understand, the higher it is, the more XP they can earn in Game Prep. Would a player w/ an A rating be more likely to be a Fast/Star dev player?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #2
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

Re: 'A' Consistency rating in draft prospects. Does that mean they could be high dev?

I was wondering this same thing, i saw a QB with an A
Old 11-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: 'A' Consistency rating in draft prospects. Does that mean they could be high dev?

Drafted a QB with A consistency and he had slow development
Old 11-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

Last year, development trait was highly correlated with a player's overall, especially his intangible attributes, as well as his personality rating (which it seems is no longer scoutable). Consistency had a very minor correlation with development, but didn't really improve the ability to predict development when using intangibles + physical + personality to predict dev.

They could have changed the way development is determined, but i kind of doubt it given that most the draft classes look similar to last year, so I would say consistency is still probably not a good determinant of development trait.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

My best luck finding guys with Superstar development has been targeting guys with the best physical attributes. As far as I can tell the best place to find them is in rounds 2-4. I try and target guys who's grade after scouting is at least equal to their projection, and who's combine stats are at or near the top of their position. And if it's a guy who's grade is higher than his projection, I won't hesitate to reach a bit for him if he's got the physical attributes to go along with it. I put less stock into the letter grades that are revealed, unless there's a grade in there that I just think is going to be unacceptable. I've been able to scoop up quite a few guys with Superstar development in my last few drafts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2015, 12:40 PM   #6
Rookie

I wish they would just not show the Consistency stat for scouting then. Its basically a waste. Does anyone ever look at consistency? Most likely not. No one cares. They care about the players REAL attributes that matter. So now, it just takes up one of three Scouting stats you can get, wasting one.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've found that the way to determine if a player will have quick or superstar development is to pay attention to the news. Every few weeks they'll have a few sentences about a player who is setting records or who comes from a strong sports background, and those players are typically very good. At the same time, it could mention guys who got hurt or are playing poorly and they'll have slow development. This isn't a sure thing but it gives you an edge.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »