Home

How Do You Plan to Adjust New CFM EXP Sliders?

This is a discussion on How Do You Plan to Adjust New CFM EXP Sliders? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 09:30 PM   #49
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How Do You Plan to Adjust New CFM EXP Sliders?

Spoiler

2nd sim is done. This time I went with “weekly progression” instead of “yearly progression”. I think this is a better choice overall. Obviously do what you want with your own team but I think this works best for the cpu. I’ll put “done” if I think I’ve found the spot or “wip” for work in progress. So on to my thoughts:

QB(80% - done) – Upped from 50% to 80%. Went from 35 guys over 80 to 44 guys over 80. Some top end guys as well. A little deep in 80-89 guys but I think this is the happy spot. A little up or down to your preference.

HB(130% - done) – Upped this from 100% to 130%. Honestly I think this is perfect. Look at those numbers. It’s basically right on.

WR(230% - wip) – Upped from 200% to 230%. So this looks ok but a little deep in talent overall. Not quite where I want it to be. Close though. Think I’ll try 216% next.

TE(80% - wip) – Upped from 50% to 80%. I like what I see here. Total is close. I might try 100% just to see what happens but this wouldn’t be bad at all.

T(130% - wip) – Dropped from 150% to 130%. So this was weird. I actually had more 80 overall players at 130% then I did at 150%. This may be due to the weekly progression this time around. Still way to many players. The main reason I kept this up higher is because of the Tackle regression stuff many complained about. So far I haven’t seen this at all. If anything Guards are having more trouble then Tackles. Will drop to 100%.

G(100% - done) – Upped from 50% to 100%. In my eyes another perfect setting. A tiny bit high on 90-94 guys but I like the numbers overall.

C(150% - wip) – This was kept at 150%. This kinda shows how the weekly progression differs from yearly progression. We had 37 players over 80 this time compared to 25 last time. To me this is to many good players. I will drop to 130% for the next sim.

DE(200% - wip) – Upped from 150% to 200%. This was much better then last sim and really close to being solid. I think we can squeeze a bit more out though to get some of those top end guys. Will go 230% next sim.

DT(100% - done) – Kept at 100%. This didn’t have the crazy change Center did even though I kept it the same. So I think this is where it needs to be. Again like the 1st sim it is deeper then should be but the top end is perfect. If we drop we probably won’t see any 90+ guys at all.

OLB(150% - done) - Kept at 150%. This was almost right on. Not quite as much top end guys but the overall numbers are really good. I like it.

MLB(150% - done) – Kept at 150%. This was really close to. Again a little low on top end but really solid overall.

CB(200% - done) – Kept at 200%. There was only 4 more players over 80 then last sim but the top end was way heavier this time. It’s pretty close to what default had so while a bit heavier on the top end I think I like it.

FS(180% - done) – Upped from 150% to 180%. Numbers look legit here. I think 180% is the perfect setting.

SS(180% - wip) – Upped from 150% to 180%. This was really spread out evenly between 80-99. Not sure I like having 13 guys over 90. Think I will drop down to 166% for next sim.

K(150% - done) – Dropped from 250% to 150%. This helped a lot compared to last sim. Actually the numbers look really good compared to default rosters. Good with me.

P(150%) – Dropped from 250% to 150%. Weirdly, while better then 1st sim, it’s still top heavy compared to Kickers. So while Kickers worked out good at 150% Punters still seem to high. Will drop to 130% for next sim.

Well that’s it for my 2nd sim guys. Hope this helps in making your XP Slider decisions. I will get that 3rd sim in soon to try to finalize those last couple positions. But in the very least you have some pretty good data to base your sliders on.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #50
Rookie

BigChillin's Arena

OVR: 0

I did the same thing as you, started with the sliders you suggested after h
your first sim, and I tweaked them throughout a few sims. One thing I noticed was when I thought one of them was perfect after one sim, they would be a little too deep/shallow the next. It happened with RBs, MLBs, and DEs in mine. For the ones that are still works in progress, these numbers worked for me (Flazko sliders/weekly progression).

WR: 220
OT: 108
TE: 80
C: 130
DE: 220 - This one was a little too low one sim, but just barely. I turned it up to 240 the next sim and it was too high. I change it back to 220 for the next sim and it was perfect. The results are different from sim to sim because of draft prospects probably.
FS: 130

Punter and kicker was bad for me at 130, but I just left it there because at least there was a mix of veterans and new guys.

Also heres a few that I had that were noticeably different from yours. Since the results seemed to differ from sim to sim, i would leave a slider if the results were close to real life.

OT - You: 130 - Me: 108
OG - You: 100 - Me: 76 (On my sims, I found way too many guys in the 90s at 100%)
OLB - You: 150 - Me: 170 (the sack totals were always down 10 years out, and there weren't enough 90+ guys for me at 150
FS: You: 180 - Me: 130 (I also had way too many guys in the 90s at 150. Safety is still a work in progress for me also.

Everything else I have after 4-5 sims is within 10% of what you have.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #51
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

I have a question, sorry if this has been answered.

I just started a CFM and the slider option to adjust this is greed out. At what point will I be able to adjust these? Offseason?

I'm playing offline

Last edited by BTownSlinger; 12-05-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #52
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
I have a question, sorry if this has been answered.

I just started a CFM and the slider option to adjust this is greed out. At what point will I be able to adjust these? Offseason?
It only works for online cfm. If you started a new offline cfm then it's grayed out.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
twitch broadcast name: tdawg3782
Old 12-05-2015, 08:00 PM   #53
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
It only works for online cfm. If you started a new offline cfm then it's grayed out.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
twitch broadcast name: tdawg3782
Well that sucks.

Thanks.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:19 PM   #54
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChillin
I did the same thing as you, started with the sliders you suggested after h
your first sim, and I tweaked them throughout a few sims. One thing I noticed was when I thought one of them was perfect after one sim, they would be a little too deep/shallow the next. It happened with RBs, MLBs, and DEs in mine. For the ones that are still works in progress, these numbers worked for me (Flazko sliders/weekly progression).

WR: 220
OT: 108
TE: 80
C: 130
DE: 220 - This one was a little too low one sim, but just barely. I turned it up to 240 the next sim and it was too high. I change it back to 220 for the next sim and it was perfect. The results are different from sim to sim because of draft prospects probably.
FS: 130

Punter and kicker was bad for me at 130, but I just left it there because at least there was a mix of veterans and new guys.

Also heres a few that I had that were noticeably different from yours. Since the results seemed to differ from sim to sim, i would leave a slider if the results were close to real life.

OT - You: 130 - Me: 108
OG - You: 100 - Me: 76 (On my sims, I found way too many guys in the 90s at 100%)
OLB - You: 150 - Me: 170 (the sack totals were always down 10 years out, and there weren't enough 90+ guys for me at 150
FS: You: 180 - Me: 130 (I also had way too many guys in the 90s at 150. Safety is still a work in progress for me also.

Everything else I have after 4-5 sims is within 10% of what you have.
I personally feel some of the variety you mentioned helps keep things interesting and not so repetitive.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:43 AM   #55
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
I only play a year, 32 teams because I use FBG rosters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Then why are you posting multiple times in this thread?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2016, 04:17 AM   #56
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

Why did you bump a month old thread just to ask a fellow user about his posting choices?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »