Home

Old 12-18-2016, 03:01 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: CFM Weather?

Didn't even give it much thought but since last patch I have played through 14 games and have yet to see inclement weather of any kind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2016, 03:54 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFnotWhyNoT
Why is this still an issue? I'm playing a December game at MetLife Stadium in NY and everyone is wearing shorts and Tee's. I've restated the game 5 times, no change. It's just an immersion killer. Please let us control weather in the future.

I agree....But it has to be used controlled. We know EA has been known to make a point the following year. Next year we'll get blizzards in Jacksonville, lol.

Personally, I don't like inclement weather....I find the game is beautiful in the sunshine, but I understand those that do enjoy rain and such. That's why it needs to be controlled by us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #67
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSail
I agree....But it has to be used controlled. We know EA has been known to make a point the following year. Next year we'll get blizzards in Jacksonville, lol.

Personally, I don't like inclement weather....I find the game is beautiful in the sunshine, but I understand those that do enjoy rain and such. That's why it needs to be controlled by us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, we eventually got a patch that enabled us to choose the uniforms for the cpu, now for next year we need the same ability to choose playbooks and weather.It's just weird when the commentators are describing how frigid the temp is and everyone is in shorts.

Ultimately I'd like weather in CFM to be projected during the week with the ability to change it manually before game and also have an affect on gameplay where the user can choose in the settings for normal affect or no affect . Currently it does have an affect but it's just visual to me, players slipping. I don't know, for example if in frigid weather with no snow, you can get -3 catching, -3 awr, -3 thp... etc.I'd like to know these things and this can tie into gameplanning as well, if you know the weather in your next game is projected to be heavy snow, or really cold you might focus on the run game in practice.

EDIT: I stumbled on a workaround that has given me appropriate weather [ people wearing coats, noticable breath in december]. Instead of choosing play full game I chose "play the moments" and every time I got december type "weather" for teams that deal with inclement weather. If I chose anything other than that I would get sunshine or rain. Hope that works for others if you want weather in your cfm.

Last edited by iFnotWhyNoT; 12-20-2016 at 01:05 PM. Reason: found something
Old 12-19-2016, 08:33 PM   #68
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

You should absolutely be able to set it to whatever you desire. In FIFA you can select time and conditions. No reason not to be able to. If I don't ever want to play in snow, or if I ALWAYS want play in snow--it should be my prerogative.

They've finally made a (long awaited) step forward by allowing us to select CPU uniforms--but I digress...
Old 12-20-2016, 04:55 AM   #69
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

Absolutely weather condition able to set, should be a must for M18!
Old 12-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #70
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I've been clamoring for user selectable weather in CFM for a good 5 or 6 years now. It's at the point now to say why even bother. They'll never do it anyway, and it will never be right.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:40 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 9

Year 5 of an online CFM, me and another guy, and I've seen 1 rain game and 1 snow game.

Oh but every game has 11 MPH winds that blow endzone to endzone in every outdoor stadium in America.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2016, 09:08 AM   #72
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm playing in year 2021 9 min quarters no accelerated clock and minus seeing a lot of wind I'm getting good weather results. I'm the Lions and just had a cold game in Green Bay with coats and breath showing in week 10. I have seen several snow games.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »