Home

Holy Cow...I'm sick of the NO SOUND Tackles...gameplay feels soft!!

This is a discussion on Holy Cow...I'm sick of the NO SOUND Tackles...gameplay feels soft!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2015, 12:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Holy Cow...I'm sick of the NO SOUND Tackles...gameplay feels soft!!

I just downloaded and played the game with the new patch and am very impressed with the all around overall gameplay, variety, and tightening up of the game.

HOWEVER...with that said, I am tired of the unfinished feel of the defensive gameplay with the lack of tackling sound fx especially in the secondary when a player comes up and puts on a hit stick and a nice looking shoulder hit on a ball carrier only to have them collide in a big silent marshmellowy collision that leaves me with an empty sense of satisfication!

Where are the grunts, groans, ummmphhhs, and the helmet and pads hitting each other on all of the contact made in the open field???? It seems like only the linemen tackles and interactions yield the pads and tackle sound fx...but nothing in the open field

It truly makes the game feel unfinished and unsatisfying when you come up and 'stick' someone

Why hasnt this been addressed in the last few patches already?....thoughts?

Last edited by RicoLaguno; 11-27-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 03:54 AM   #2
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Re: Holy Cow...I'm sick of the NO SOUND Tackles...gameplay feels soft!!

Tackles have been progressively tuned down over various Maddens and it won't turn around now due to the ugly "concussion" problem currently being brought to light in the NFL.

I remember in Madden 2000 the helmet would come flying off and the hit stick in Madden 2009 would make the camera jolt. I remember Brian Urlacher clotheslining AP in 2008... need I mention 2005 as well :P

This can be helped a little bit with the sound mixer, increase the SFX for on the field stuff and quieten Nantz and Simms, the music etc somewhat and tackles sound a little bit better. Hope that helps
Old 11-30-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
Banned

On-field collision sounds need a boost, I agree.

But my main issue with tackling is the inexcusable lack of fundamentals. It appears like 90% of the hits are just guys running into each other with no grabbing and weight leveraging being used. All of these shoulder-flinch tackles is just arcade, and the push-down tackles where the defender just puts both his arms into the ballcarrier and he goes down. They gotta get that out of the game.

And the other thing is, a lot of times the tackler barely touches the ballcarrier and he goes down or falls back like it was a big hit. It's just not realistic or believable.

Last edited by X_isBringingSexyBack; 11-30-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:34 PM   #4
Rookie

I have to also agree with these statements as well...absolutely kills the sense of immersion and realism when you see players going down when they really arent being realistically hit, or wrapped up...

Another thing you will notice that simply drives me bonkers is the way your ball carrier will all of a sudden slow down at the last second to allow the tackle animation to engage....almost as if the game engine has an invisible force field pulling your ball carrier's speed to a standstill to allow the frames to sync up and engage each other.....it just kills the immersion and ruins the flow

they need to address all of these things next year.....I loaded up Madden 08 and saw none of these syncing issues...everything interacted and meshed tightly
Old 01-21-2016, 04:47 AM   #5
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoLaguno
they need to address all of these things next year.....I loaded up Madden 08 and saw none of these syncing issues...everything interacted and meshed tightly
Ah, M08... this was when animations were much more scripted and they hadn't even worked on pro-tac or ignite yet. I bet it's easier to make a game when you can just script everything instead of having a pseudo-physics engine. Plus, look at Backbreaker, they all fly around and make really odd looking tackles. The suction in M16 with tackles and blocking looks like it's there to avoid the Backbreaker look.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »