Home

CFM do you play 1st season or sim?

This is a discussion on CFM do you play 1st season or sim? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2015, 01:30 AM   #9
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: CFM do you play 1st season or sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0ice0freas0n
Is it possible to sim first season as default coach or owner and than create a coach at the end of the season and take over as him? If so, does it have to be at a specific time?
1. yes

2. no

For instance, if you are wanting to be Eagles, you can take over as Chip Kelly. Sim the first season and retire him (which is actually just giving him back to CPU control). Then create a custom coach to take over the Eagles. Chip Kelly will be "fired" and he may end up being hired by another team. You can do this at any point of the franchise. week 6, week 17, Super Bowl, off season, etc.

Only catch is I am pretty sure you will have to be controlling at least one other coach during the switch over as you can't have a franchise with no user controlled coach/owner/player.

I would advise doing 32 team control anyway
Old 11-29-2015, 02:08 AM   #10
Rookie

v0ice0freas0n's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
1. yes

2. no

For instance, if you are wanting to be Eagles, you can take over as Chip Kelly. Sim the first season and retire him (which is actually just giving him back to CPU control). Then create a custom coach to take over the Eagles. Chip Kelly will be "fired" and he may end up being hired by another team. You can do this at any point of the franchise. week 6, week 17, Super Bowl, off season, etc.

Only catch is I am pretty sure you will have to be controlling at least one other coach during the switch over as you can't have a franchise with no user controlled coach/owner/player.

I would advise doing 32 team control anyway
Thanks for the help guys. Been wondering about that for a while.

Right, have never done a 32 team control before despite it seeming to be the more popular way to go about it. Is this the go mostly to keep it realistic from your POV? And does playing this way not mean losing a sense of personalization as you are controlling everyone and not your one team?
Old 11-29-2015, 03:36 AM   #11
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0ice0freas0n
Thanks for the help guys. Been wondering about that for a while.

Right, have never done a 32 team control before despite it seeming to be the more popular way to go about it. Is this the go mostly to keep it realistic from your POV? And does playing this way not mean losing a sense of personalization as you are controlling everyone and not your one team?
It keeps it realistically and in return, at least for me it makes it feel more personalized since I am putting more work into it and ensuring screwy things don't happen.

The biggest thing I do for 32 team control is ensure teams don't make bad decisions resigning (Pats almost always cut Garap after the first season for no reason) and ensure that teams don't draft stupidly in the first 2 rounds of the draft (once had the Rams try to draft 3 WRs with their 1st and two 2nd round picks). I did also do coach hires and whatnot (doing owner control as I feel it's easier to maintain coach resigns/firings). Most everything else I let them do it themselves. I just keep a close eye on them to make sure they aren't pulling off stupid stuff.

Like I said, although it can be tedious, it does make it feel more like "my" franchise. You just have to ensure that you aren't making decisions for a CPU team just to benefit your own (like not resigning a guy you want for your main team, etc.). I took over the 9ers and am actually making it a point to make good decisions for my division rivals so that it's harder to compete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2015, 10:55 AM   #12
Rookie

when I start a cfm, it usually it is in the middle of the current, real life season. when I started my panthers franchise, I believe it was week 9 of the real life season. knowing it is too difficult to replicate everything up until that point, I just simmed year 1 without any regard to the outcomes, and would "officially" start my cfm in that offseason.

I used to always try and replicate my teams record up until that point though, and it would always drive me crazy trying to do this so I just say "**** it" and do it the way I described above
Old 11-29-2015, 10:27 PM   #13
Rookie

play half to judge my current roster, and play half as real/sim as possible.... the sim the rest and build what i want....
all my CFM are REBUIULDs love the idea of taking a team and tryina to RE ADJUST them to my gameplan or style and finding rookies, and REASONABLE free agents...
i find it too easy to grab FA's this year even with salary cap so i try to make realistic moves....

since the patch tho, ive also been having fun in superstar mode, just my FS and another team ive got a QB .... been interesting

http://www.twitch.tv/purecokain/profile - Streams

-The Hate Made Me Famous-
Old 11-30-2015, 02:20 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I always play the whole thing out so the stats are "mine." OCD.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 11

Only scout and sign FA during Preseason for. the first year. Trade off players I don't like (I.E. Stafford) or some players with huge contracts. Stock pile picks to create my team in the mold I want it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 02:56 PM   #16
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I like to rebuild hapless franchises so what I do is sim the first season and then take over the worst team. I determine worst team by more than just record, I also take into account points for/against, last time they won a SB and because I like to play multiple seasons uniforms are important to me (which is why I can never be the Chiefs who have the most boring uniforms).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »