Home

Will the Game Plan Feature Receive and Overhaul?

This is a discussion on Will the Game Plan Feature Receive and Overhaul? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Will the Game Plan Feature Receive and Overhaul?

So I know that CFM will be a priority for next year, but within that, I'm curious to know if any plans for the game plan feature are in the works.

Ideally, this is a great feature, but its implementation in M16 is atrocious. The game plans use too little of the playbook, generate repetitive game play for both HUM and CPU, and lack polish.

I know that we can edit the game plan, but it's a huge pain to do so with the current UI (very clunky, at least to me), and when you change your game plan by deleting and adding plays, it has the unfortunate side effect of throwing the formations in your playbook out of order, which I can't stand.

I would love for the team to either do a total overhaul of this system and make the play and formation selection and ordering process as easy as it was in APF 2K8, or I would like the team to give me the option to turn the feature off entirely.

If they can build it right, I'm all for it, but if they can't get to it or choose not to address it, please just give me the option to toggle off game plans and have the CPU and the HUM call plays as they would in the past.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 05:13 PM   #2
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will the Game Plan Feature Receive and Overhaul?

I would love to use the feature more but it's too cumbersome and tedious to make adjustments. I end up setting up 1&10 then copying it for every situation.

Ideally I would like to see the feature integrated into Game Prep. If there was a way to use the information we see using Coach Glass to suggest plays vs your opponent (for the newbies) and allow for game plan customization based on the coach glass data.

Tldr; start with coach glass as a UI or data set and build from there. At least let me email myself the coach glass data you obviously have on hand during the game.

It would be helpful for me if the Game Changers could at least guide us on where to focus our feedback (much like OP).

I don't need a definite list of areas, or any idea of the extent to which changes are made, but if one of them just started a "CFM: game plan suggestion" thread we would not see wish list threads that are random and sporadic.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 11-30-2015, 05:29 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I doubt it.

The gameplan feature is one of the forgotten features. I asked a developer on twitter if gameplans control AI playcalling and he had no idea what I was talking about.

After reminding him what the gameplan feature was he did not know if it affected AI playcalling.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:48 PM   #4
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I doubt it.

The gameplan feature is one of the forgotten features. I asked a developer on twitter if gameplans control AI playcalling and he had no idea what I was talking about.

After reminding him what the gameplan feature was he did not know if it affected AI playcalling.
#andthisiswhywecan'thavenicethings

They honestly have no idea "what does what" in this title and really don't seem very concerned about it...
Old 11-30-2015, 06:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I doubt it.

That's downright hilarious. And not at all surprising.

Really what they need to do is strip the whole thing down and build back up from scratch and only include features they intend to improve over time.

I can't recall The Show introducing a major feature that was supposed to be core to the experience and then neglecting it for several iterations. Their philosophy is to tune gradually a core set of integral features and mechanics each year. I would vastly prefer it if Madden had that same philosophy instead of the philosophy they currently have.

I feel like this game is a botched surgery sometimes where you open the thing up and you find odd stuff dropped in and forgotten by a past doc. And then a bio-mass grows around it and it gets all ugly. Things more or less still work, but there are these tangled masses of weirdness in the body of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 11:00 PM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

If they dont know what it does, they should remove it, then add it back later working properly so people can shiss and moan about it in the future.

They seriously need to make every aspect of franchise available via browser. They could so easily have madden in the hands of madden players 24/7. It'd be uge.

What im trying to say here is, im to tired to even turn on my xbox tonight, however tomorrow ill be pist that i didnt play a game. I'd spend all available time tomorrow at my computer game planning the crap out of my franchise. That should only be the beginning...

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
If they dont know what it does, they should remove it, then add it back later working properly so people can shiss and moan about it in the future.

They seriously need to make every aspect of franchise available via browser. They could so easily have madden in the hands of madden players 24/7. It'd be uge.

What im trying to say here is, im to tired to even turn on my xbox tonight, however tomorrow ill be pist that i didnt play a game. I'd spend all available time tomorrow at my computer game planning the crap out of my franchise. That should only be the beginning...
This!

If I could access my playbook, game plan, depth chart, and formation subs for my OFFLINE franchise via a website, I'd literally be "playing" Madden all day.

If I could arrange those items in a clear and intuitive way that didn't bork the order of my playbook or roster, I'd be so friggin happy.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:46 AM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I would love an actual game prep feature, not an RPG focused progression system, but a system where you could actually prepare for next weeks opponent. Pick your plays, practice against a scout team that plays similar to your opponent, figure out defensive assignments, scout the opposing team for tendencies, demote/promote your practice squad guys etc. Get rid of the stupid XP system entirely and make it more of a sim football experience. Completely overhaul scouting so you never actually see a players ratings and instead need to make decisions based off of his measurables and a scouting report.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »