Home

Ridiculous Catches ruin this game

This is a discussion on Ridiculous Catches ruin this game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #9
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ridiculous Catches ruin this game

I'm still trying to get a feel for this... Sometimes it seems OP, sometimes not. Last night in my CFM game (all pro, A&S sliders), I threw 5 picks on 5 throws on 1v1 streaks to ODB and Julio Jones vs. the Texans. I'm debating between three possibilities: horrible luck, CFM game scripts, and low deep throw accuracy. What i mean by the last one is that while the passes were all visually on target, giving both players a good chance at the ball, maybe madden has a way of giving the defender a better INT/break up chance if the QB who threw the ball has low throwing accuracy.

Back to the point, do the folks in this thread who think 1v1 aggressive catching is OP have an elite QB throwing the ball, or does it seem to happen with scrubs as well?

I ran an experiment several weeks ago that involved throwing 150 1v1 deep balls with a QB that had ~80 throw acc deep to a 89 ovr WR, and 0 picks were thrown, and about half the passes were completed, which seems like a completely different game than what i played last night.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:55 PM   #10
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Even though the game is balanced really well right now IMO, JareBear is right in his analysis of what should happen as we go forward in the series.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #11
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Play as the Eagles. I complete like 1 every 4 games and when I don't half of them get picked off.

To me it's perfect as it is right now as far as how consistently it works. Even in my Franchise I have setup to play any game I want when I have great WR's I haven't felt like it is a gimme.

I've tried to go at the best guys and they aren't pulling down every one but a good QB and WR are definitely a better combo than bad.

I am not disputing that people feel it's too easy, I just think it's really been right on in my experiences.

If you're using the regular Eagles roster, you're not pulling any down much because the Eagles WRs are terrible besides Matthews and even he's not all that.

I don't think it's that bad. Could be tweaked a little but I would just like to see better animations. Sometimes the canned animations look terrible. Especially the one I get most of the time is when the WR catches it and ends up landing on top of the defender.

To me it's pretty simple, if the CB isn't as high as the WR, the WR will most likely catch aggressive catches. That's why to me having good CBs is a must.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #12
Rookie

The one on ones are hard to stop but they are supposed to be imo. When you have a receiver and a defensive back alone the receiver should have the edge if the ball is thrown correctly. I love it. In the past if you had one on one and threw it up it was always an interception. The defensive back should not have better hands and receiving skills than the receiver. I think they are on the right track.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:17 PM   #13
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I don't feel that the long ball is bad because I do not hold much to the animation; it is either a catch or not, whether with two hands or not..I have missed a lot of long passes. So I think there is a balance and I have faith inn this great development team that things will continue to be tweaked..
Old 12-04-2015, 07:48 PM   #14
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

I think OP was leaning more towards it just seeming so unrealistic how they catch it one handed so often, not that the amount of completed deep balls is an issue. And yes, one handed catches happen a lot, but not 50 yards downfield. That was one of the reasons ODBs catch was so impressive. Falling down one handing the ball. In this game you see an ODB like catch once a game if you throw deep even semi frequently. And you see it from WRs that aren't any good. It'd be one thing if ODB was one handed the deep balls once a game (even though that's not realistic), but when I have Marlon Brown one hand catching the ball 3 times a game, it's a little over the top.

Also, it's annoying how often the guy does a falling animation when catching the ball. How often on a deep ball does a guy actually go up to get it and immediately fall over?

Let me be clear hear, I love this game and think the gameplay is phenomenal. Best football game I have ever played. But there should be more deep catch animations added to decrease the guys one handed 50 yard bombs.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:36 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
I think OP was leaning more towards it just seeming so unrealistic how they catch it one handed so often, not that the amount of completed deep balls is an issue. And yes, one handed catches happen a lot, but not 50 yards downfield. That was one of the reasons ODBs catch was so impressive. Falling down one handing the ball. In this game you see an ODB like catch once a game if you throw deep even semi frequently. And you see it from WRs that aren't any good. It'd be one thing if ODB was one handed the deep balls once a game (even though that's not realistic), but when I have Marlon Brown one hand catching the ball 3 times a game, it's a little over the top.

Also, it's annoying how often the guy does a falling animation when catching the ball. How often on a deep ball does a guy actually go up to get it and immediately fall over?

Let me be clear hear, I love this game and think the gameplay is phenomenal. Best football game I have ever played. But there should be more deep catch animations added to decrease the guys one handed 50 yard bombs.

I agree. They do need some more animations. This is just year one of a new feature. I think the receivers having a better shot of catching it than the defensive backs is more realistic but I can also see how one handed catch animations and backwards falling catches over and over can take you out of the game for a moment. I think it is a necessary sacrifice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 02:51 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarence_Boddicker
I agree. They do need some more animations. This is just year one of a new feature. I think the receivers having a better shot of catching it than the defensive backs is more realistic but I can also see how one handed catch animations and backwards falling catches over and over can take you out of the game for a moment. I think it is a necessary sacrifice.
Two mortal enemies agreeing on something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »