Home

Ridiculous Catches ruin this game

This is a discussion on Ridiculous Catches ruin this game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #25
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Ridiculous Catches ruin this game

I'll need to pay closer attention to this. I started up a franchise after the last patch and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

I'll need to take a look again a bit closer.

Based on the comments in here, it happens every game and maybe 2-3 times a game?

Something to look out for next game, just didn't notice anything the 1st game.

Is everyone still playing the game in franchise or did people trade the game in, yet? Just curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #26
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'll need to pay closer attention to this. I started up a franchise after the last patch and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Based on the comments in here, it happens every game and maybe 2-3 times a game?

Is everyone still playing the game in franchise or did people trade the game in, yet? Just curious.
I haven't played a cfm ... With all issues it has or had I just play play now games since most ppl say the game plays best in.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:39 PM   #27
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Well it depends on how often you take a deep shot. In a one on one situation I will typically take a deep shot. I've noticed that the likelihood of an INT is really low in those one on one situations. Typically the worst that happens is that the CB knocks the ball up into the air, but normally (if it's cover 1) the safety hasn't made it over in time to catch the ball batted up in the air anyway.

Many times these animations end up in a 1 handed catch. In my last game I had my rookie WR draw a PI call while catching the ball one handed as he was falling to the ground. Honestly, if that play happened with real players I think it would have been more impressive than ODBs catch because of how "violently" he fell to the ground in comparison to ODBs real life catch.

I know this is a video game and it sells, but since we're still trying to simulate real life football here they should scale them back a bit
Old 12-06-2015, 06:06 PM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
Well it depends on how often you take a deep shot. In a one on one situation I will typically take a deep shot. I've noticed that the likelihood of an INT is really low in those one on one situations. Typically the worst that happens is that the CB knocks the ball up into the air, but normally (if it's cover 1) the safety hasn't made it over in time to catch the ball batted up in the air anyway.

Many times these animations end up in a 1 handed catch. In my last game I had my rookie WR draw a PI call while catching the ball one handed as he was falling to the ground. Honestly, if that play happened with real players I think it would have been more impressive than ODBs catch because of how "violently" he fell to the ground in comparison to ODBs real life catch.

I know this is a video game and it sells, but since we're still trying to simulate real life football here they should scale them back a bit
Then it appears patch #2 didn't work out of the gate because that patch focused on scaling down the catches.

I'll play some more and really pay more attention to it. I bomb away when it's a one on one, too.

Last edited by roadman; 12-06-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I haven't played a cfm ... With all issues it has or had I just play play now games since most ppl say the game plays best in.
I think game play wise, the game plays well on both ends. CFM needs attention on the next Madden
Old 12-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #30
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Yes, the gameplay needs to continue to be refined and improved, but to me it plays really well in my User vs CPU CFM. This game doesn't have all the nice little nuances in gameplay that some other games have, but I almost never find myself yelling, "BS" in this game at all now. Something that can't be said for other games.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:04 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 3

The catch interaction has actually gotten a bit more organic with the last patch. Not everything is a two player animation and that really opens things up for different outcomes. Now the canned animations still happen, but are less warpy usually are more believable.

The problem is the frequency of the incredible catches the game has. I would much rather triangle be 'contested catch' with a large library of tough grabs, and the spectacular catch rating governing the availability of some the more incredible catch attempts.

As of now i can attempt a spectacular catch with anyone and im almost assured to get a very aggressive attempt that only certain receivers can consistently do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 03:33 AM   #32
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

OVR: 0

What I hate is my WR may have a few yards on a DB and he'll try an aggressive catch.. Yet the DB just flys up from a few yards back to trigger the animation.. I normally always use the RAC to prevent it..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »