Home

Relocation - can I cancel or change cities?

This is a discussion on Relocation - can I cancel or change cities? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2015, 06:00 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Relocation - can I cancel or change cities?

Hi all,

I started a CFM as Oakland with a view to move the Raiders to LOS ANGELES for the 2016 season.

In Week 4 when the relocation cities became available, I assumed "selecting" a city would just let you browse their options (like nicknames and uniforms)...but when I selected LONDON, it simply went back to the main CFM screen...no confirmation that London was chosen as my city, let alone any "Are you sure you want to relocate to London?" pop-up menu to confirm my choice.

Does that mean my choice of LONDON is locked in and I can't either switch to LA or even cancel the relocation altogether?

The whole reason I picked the Raiders was to move them to LA so I'd be really annoyed if I'm stuck with London now because of the poor menus and autosave...

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 10:42 PM   #2
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Relocation - can I cancel or change cities?

As far as I know, there is no way to reverse it in online CFM.

I noticed there was no confirmation screen as well when I chose my city, but London was my desired choice. I guess we can add a confirmation screen to the wish list...

On the plus side, London isn't so bad...
Old 12-08-2015, 06:00 AM   #3
MVP

Well that's a real shame if true but I only have myself to blame.

I just can't believe such a key decision doesn't have any failsafe or even confirmation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
On the plus side, London isn't so bad...
I wouldn't mind moving a another team like Buffalo there...but now to have the "London Raiders" playing in the AFC WEST is going to annoy me
Old 12-08-2015, 07:17 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

i bet they wont be the Raiders but Monarchs or Bulldogs

as a Brit id prefer 8 games a year not a Franchise, people over here are invested in teams already, at least the
people with disposable income to buy season tickets. franchise is for kids growing up who cant buy tickets
Old 12-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #5
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcutta
Hi all,

I started a CFM as Oakland with a view to move the Raiders to LOS ANGELES for the 2016 season.

In Week 4 when the relocation cities became available, I assumed "selecting" a city would just let you browse their options (like nicknames and uniforms)...but when I selected LONDON, it simply went back to the main CFM screen...no confirmation that London was chosen as my city, let alone any "Are you sure you want to relocate to London?" pop-up menu to confirm my choice.

Does that mean my choice of LONDON is locked in and I can't either switch to LA or even cancel the relocation altogether?

The whole reason I picked the Raiders was to move them to LA so I'd be really annoyed if I'm stuck with London now because of the poor menus and autosave...

Thanks in advance
Once you select the city thats it, it's final. Your best bet is to either create a save point right before that point that you can load back into each time. Another option and less time consuming is to go on Youtube, there are a few videos that show off every relocation name and uniform. Madden 15 uses the same exact stuff so either one will work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2015, 06:00 PM   #6
MVP

I can confirm London is locked in for me

In Week 5 I was given the nickname options to choose from and then in Week 6 I could choose uniforms.

I still think it's ridiculous there was no warning beforehand when selecting the city itself though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Your best bet is to either create a save point right before that point that you can load back into each time.
How do you "create a save point" ?

I've never seen an option to create a manual save or even turn off autosave...again more poor design with the menus and options IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
i bet they wont be the Raiders but Monarchs or Bulldogs
I've decided to just stick it out with London and went with the "Black Knights" nickname option...which is appropriate because 50/53 players in my squad are black

Since I play all my games (I don't want to sim any games) and I've already put 10+ hours into this save, I figure I may as well continue this franchise rather than start over and re-play the first 5 weeks again.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #7
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I can confirm London is locked in for me

In Week 5 I was given the nickname options to choose from and then in Week 6 I could choose uniforms.

I still think it's ridiculous there was no warning beforehand when selecting the city itself though.

I've never seen an option to create a manual save or even turn off autosave...again more poor design with the menus and options IMO.

I've decided to just stick it out with London and went with the "Black Knights" nickname option...which is appropriate because 50/53 players in my squad are black

Since I play all my games (I don't want to sim any games) and I've already put 10+ hours into this save, I figure I may as well continue this franchise rather than start over and re-play the first 5 weeks again.
i like some of there uni options, not to bad, although for some reason i like the monarchs more but that just me
Old 12-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #8
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:

For Xbox One you press the view button and it brings up the option to create a manual save point. After you create it, it will save everything going forward as an autosave. So if you name it "Franchise" and sim to the next week, the new save will be "Franchise_Autosave". And your original "Franchise" save will be exactly where you left off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »