Home

Madden 17 Art Enhancement Wish List

This is a discussion on Madden 17 Art Enhancement Wish List within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2016, 04:07 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 17 Art Enhancement Wish List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabes2
1. Change the damn players on the sidelines to make them look like they do on the field, not like they were ported over from Madden 05.

2. More player customization options (shooting sleeves, more cleat options/styles, gloves from Nike/UA etc...)

3. Living stadiums to replicate each specific stadium.

4. Take a page from MLB:The Show's book and have stadium fullness replicate how well the team is playing/fan happiness. (They might have this, but every time I play a 2-10 Titans team, the stadium is packed, which isn't the case in real life.)

5. Pre-game animations (Players warming up with headphones before the game or something player specific.)

6. Player/team specific animations (Cam dab, Antonio Brown 1st down, Lambeau leap, etc...)

7. More throwback jerseys.

8. Nike Color Rush jerseys.

9. Realistic field deterioration.
As far as #4 goes, that's an NFL restriction from what I read. The NFL doesn't want stadiums to not be 100% packed in Madden, so the guys at EA Tiburon have to obey.
Old 01-19-2016, 11:01 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron
I was reading this guy on Twitter and he made a good point. He was saying how you can tell when a developer is really trying to be the best not just in the most obvious things but in the little things. How many little things can they continue to ignore year after year before they realize its part of whats holding the game back?
This is the point that never seems to hit home with them. The little details are glossed over, but they don't realize that when you have like 200 little things all wrong, it adds up to a big thing and affects the way the game is taken in.

Madden 09 and Madden 10 weren't great games, but the number of little things they attempted was really appreciated by people and it helped the game's image quite a bit.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:33 PM   #19
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

My biggest thing that makes the game more accurate and "real" looking is equipment....

Gloves - They have gloves on there since NFL was reebok or NFL Equipment.. Get Nike, Adidas, Under Armour in here.

Cleats, Sleeves, MOUTH PIECES... Every little thing needs to be looked over..

Here's one noone talks about that I think should be brought in..
Chinstraps. For christ sakes, there isn't only one type of chin strap out there. Theres about 4-5 different ones. And be able to choose different types of hook ups(1 button, 2 button and 3 button hook-ups on each side.)

EA is so worried about changing and fixing the stupidest things. They should focus on editing all the small details that make the game BIG.

It would be so great if EA would get to a point where they nail every small aspect of the game - graphics, fans. sidelines,scoreboards, equipment, that we could just buy a universal game and be able to download small patches and roster packs for years on end for a small fee
Old 01-19-2016, 04:15 PM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBallNation
My biggest thing that makes the game more accurate and "real" looking is equipment....

Gloves - They have gloves on there since NFL was reebok or NFL Equipment.. Get Nike, Adidas, Under Armour in here.

Cleats, Sleeves, MOUTH PIECES... Every little thing needs to be looked over..

Here's one noone talks about that I think should be brought in..
Chinstraps. For christ sakes, there isn't only one type of chin strap out there. Theres about 4-5 different ones. And be able to choose different types of hook ups(1 button, 2 button and 3 button hook-ups on each side.)
The equipment situation is a mess.

I remember the first time they showed Michael Irvin in the game as a legend, and I'm thinking, that's not Michael Irvin. Where is his big mouthpiece? How do you not have mouthpieces in a modern football game to begin with?

Moreover, why even put legends in the game if they're not going to take the time to actually make them reflect the real person? One year they had Joe Montana in the game and he just looked wrong. This is JOE effing MONTANA we're talking about here. Or the Madden 25 year when they had a skinny Vince Lombardi. How does that even happen?

Imagine the firestorm that would happen if 2K put Michael Jordan in the game and he was all wrong? It's amazing what Madden gets away with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBallNation
EA is so worried about changing and fixing the stupidest things. They should focus on editing all the small details that make the game BIG.
Read my mind. That's the thing that gets me, too. It seems like they're focusing on basically a million things that nobody cares about and nobody was asking to them to fool with, while all the obvious stuff remains the same. I see these Twitter discussions they have with fans and I'm thinking, guys, just do it! Quit shifting, quit debating, JUST DO IT. Take a year off from a few funky features we weren't asking you for in the first place and just do this stuff. People will appreciate it and it will actually make the game noticeably better just like when they took this approach before with Madden 09 and 10. The games being great or not those two years isn't even the main point, it's the fact that they literally listened to the exact things we were asking for and got most of them in and even patched in some more later. I appreciated that level of effort so much, I loved them for that. Just imagine what might've been had they stayed on that course?
Old 01-20-2016, 10:04 PM   #21
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

How about the white players with long hair get re-worked. It is sort of embarrassing how bad their hair looks. It is so scraggly and looks nothing like hair. It looks like they have a set of broom bristles protruding from their helmet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #22
Pro

adub88's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
How about the white players with long hair get re-worked. It is sort of embarrassing how bad their hair looks. It is so scraggly and looks nothing like hair. It looks like they have a set of broom bristles protruding from their helmet.
lol, have to agree with you on this one. There's definitely room for improvement here, especially on these consoles
Old 01-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
For me, sideline and game immersion means the players HAVE to have their names on the back on the sidelines.
Or at least something. Having blank jersey backs looks weird. I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Would also be nice to have the extra players on sidelines in the winter type capes they wear when cold and rainy or snowy. Under those conditions, you can leave the names off the back of the jerseys obviously. It can be an either/or situation to account for memory hit.

C
They really need to figure out a way to deal with memory issue, there will need to be maneuvers someplace. I'd rather have 2D grass with realistic wear and cutting patterns that reflect the real NFL fields instead of having 3D always-on grass that looks nothing like the NFL Fields we see on TV every week.

I was playing an adventure game and was impressed by how realistic the grass textures looked and they were in 2D and you would've never known unless you zoomed in super close, so it can be done it's just a matter of proper art direction, and the advantage Madden Team could continue using is the one they do now where the closer you get the 3D shows out more detailed.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:44 PM   #24
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Update the equipment please! Maybe we can at least gloves and cleats from 2010. Update hair, long hair for white players and dreads still look bad. Give us the ability to select a face and hair style for players. Mouth guards, single arm sleeves knee braces.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »