Home

Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play

This is a discussion on Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #73
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinhun
Wow. So awareness does play a role in whether or not a catch is successful. I wonder how awareness affects running backs. With high awareness, will they break more tackles?

Not success, that's what "die roll/win loss" ratings are for.

Modifies in this way.
1) contracts = the higher, the bigger the contract for the position will be requested.

2) play level = lower will modify that QB 85 SAC rating by having the AI def players play as though that QB has a 65 SAC (example of a QB with a 45 AWR)
- the interactions (i.e. Animation Ratings) are modified

3) OVR = current player team role/status (plays major role in trades) corrected
- Icon = 90-99 (team cornerstones)
- Award/Pro Bowler = 82-89
- Captain = 76-81
- Marque = 70-75 (1st round talent)
- Regular = 60-69 (2nd-4th round, most draft classes fall here)
- Unknown = 59-under (5th-undrafted)
***this "is not" the OVR seen on screen, but a representation of status in the league based off of their AWR rating.

Last edited by khaliib; 12-19-2015 at 02:12 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:39 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I always felt like guys got open more when playing with better QBs, but had no way to prove it.

Does it also affect the pass rush?

I hate that Madden does it this way, but it is no surprise. They tried an alternative, and the player base hated it (vision cone)
Old 12-19-2015, 12:41 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
- Icon = 90-99
- Captain = 76-81
***this "is not" the OVR seen on screen, but a representation of status in the league based off of their AWR rating.
Does this mean that a player with 90-99 AWR is an "Icon" level player, or am I interpreting your note incorrectly?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2015, 01:56 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Not success, that's what "die roll/win loss" ratings are for.

Modifies in this way.
1) contracts = the higher, the bigger the contract for the position will be requested.

2) play level = lower will modify that QB 85 SAC rating by having the AI def players play as though that QB has a 65 SAC (example of a QB with a 45 AWR)
- the interactions (i.e. Animation Ratings) are modified

- Icon = 90-99
- Captain = 76-81
That dude copied my exact same post on the first page lol.
Old 12-19-2015, 02:03 AM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Does this mean that a player with 90-99 AWR is an "Icon" level player, or am I interpreting your note incorrectly?
This isn't Icon, as in the player is at a "Legend/HOF" status or on a best/worst scale, but like the "Cornerstone" of the franchise.
- think DC4 and K. Mack of the Raiders, A. Luck of Colts, or T. Brady of Patriots.
- This should impact Trade logic, meaning a team will not trade away these guys so easily, if at all.

- Default rosters actually follow this designation pattern also (although I'm lowering many guys AWR down to Marque and Regular level)

I just started tonight, but so far I have for Icon (cornerstone) status;

Raiders
1) K. Mack - DE/OLB
2) A. Cooper - WR
3) D. Carr - QB
4) C. Woodson - FS

Rams
1) A. Donald - DT
2) R. Quinn - DE
3) T. Gurley - RB
4) J. Jenkins - CB
5) T. McDonald - SS
Old 12-19-2015, 03:43 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 4

So if I'm understanding correctly, you're saying it would be much easier to trade for a 75 overall guy with low awareness (for example) than it would be to trade for a 75 overall guy with high awareness, because the CPU perceives higher awareness to be more valuable?

EDIT: If the CPU places more value on awareness, how come whenever I start a CFM with Steelers and sim preseason, they end up releasing William Gay (highest rated CB with 91 awareness) and James Harrison (highest rated ROLB with 91 awareness)?

Last edited by TheWood56; 12-19-2015 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:07 AM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
So if I'm understanding correctly, you're saying it would be much easier to trade for a 75 overall guy with low awareness (for example) than it would be to trade for a 75 overall guy with high awareness, because the CPU perceives higher awareness to be more valuable?

EDIT: If the CPU places more value on awareness, how come whenever I start a CFM with Steelers and sim preseason, they end up releasing William Gay (highest rated CB with 91 awareness) and James Harrison (highest rated ROLB with 91 awareness)?
It's not "the" determinate, but one of several.

1) Things that gets left out of the "Trade Logic" discussion is a teams "Back Story".

In this case, the AI actually looks to dump "aging" vets demanding high salaries due to the high OVR created by a high AWR.
- salary cap is considered by "some", not all teams.

Steelers Back Story is set to utilize the "Free Agent" market to rebuild rather than the draft.
- with that, the AI Coach/Owner will make player moves to meet its Scheme and fulfill their Back Story.

Career Phase will impact AI decisions also.
- these guys Career Phase is at "Decline".

There's so much to CFM and why things are, the way they are, that's misunderstood due to lack of explanation, but I'm starting to understand how the "game" in general works/functions with the information that I'm coming across.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:28 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
It's not "the" determinate, but one of several.

1) Things that gets left out of the "Trade Logic" discussion is a teams "Back Story".

In this case, the AI actually looks to dump "aging" vets demanding high salaries due to the high OVR created by a high AWR.
- salary cap is considered by "some", not all teams.

Steelers Back Story is set to utilize the "Free Agent" market to rebuild rather than the draft.
- with that, the AI Coach/Owner will make player moves to meet its Scheme and fulfill their Back Story.

Career Phase will impact AI decisions also.
- these guys Career Phase is at "Decline".

There's so much to CFM and why things are, the way they are, that's misunderstood due to lack of explanation, but I'm starting to understand how the "game" in general works/functions with the information that I'm coming across.
Maybe this is OT to the actual thread, but aren't the Steelers the exact opposite of what they should be? They are well known for not being spenders in the FA market.

Did you just create that example off the top of your head? Maybe you misread it or maybe it is a wtf moment by EA?

Back to the general topic (kind of), other than the head (few years ago Looman took over, now Kolb is), I wonder what the turnover is like for the franchise team.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »