Home

Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play

This is a discussion on Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 04:09 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play

OP Updated with additional info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #26
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

this thread is amazing.

have got to say i'm totally intrigued by Kings slider set. The thing that really grabbed me, is in his description the areas they set to address, and on point exact to the issues i often find myself having with the game. Had no clue some of these people knew so much about the intricacies and code of the game.

since we are dealing with a bunch of legitimate pros here, can anyone chime in if for sure in an online cfm, if you make slider adjustments before a game they either do or do not take affect until the game is advanced?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:38 PM   #27
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Some things have simply been renamed.
So just noting that Pass Rush is gone as of CFM and we now have Pass Coverage.
- RAC is noted as Catch In Stride
- Aggresive Catch is noted as High Point Catch
So Pass Coverage may have a similar rename going on.
The "pass rush slider" is a combination of TAK in relation to PBK, using Holding as modifier...

@BAHusker:

I don't play online so I don't know, but I DO know that sliders "lock in" AFTER you advance to the next week...

They'll play "better" after adjusting them for the current week, but they lock fully after advancing...

Additional Tidbit:

CPU playcalling is triggered by the relationship of QBA and FUM for their Defense and PCV and TAK for their Offense...

When HUM QBA is higher than FUM, they tend to think "you can't run the ball as well as you pass it, so I'm playing Cover 3" and they tend to "load the box" when FUM is higher than QBA...

On Offence their run / pass splits are determined by the relationship between PCV and FUM...they run the ball more when FUM is lower than PCV...

Too much lower and they run draws on 3rd and 12...

Also, since the PCV slider determines how much "pass defence versus run defence" you're playing, they call to the inverse...

A LOT of this stuff was covered in my Blog Comments this year, so if you like this kind of cr*p, there's a bunch of it to be had...

I should have kept all my PM's on all of this to Trojan Man / Josh C and StefJoeHalt from this year and years previous and published them...

Old 12-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #28
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

This how scheme settings work:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...r-ratings.html

The link in Post #11 is even more detailed...
Old 12-09-2015, 05:16 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
this thread is amazing.

have got to say i'm totally intrigued by Kings slider set. The thing that really grabbed me, is in his description the areas they set to address, and on point exact to the issues i often find myself having with the game. Had no clue some of these people knew so much about the intricacies and code of the game.

since we are dealing with a bunch of legitimate pros here, can anyone chime in if for sure in an online cfm, if you make slider adjustments before a game they either do or do not take affect until the game is advanced?
He won't say it, but I will: King is the smartest dude here working on this stuff.

I've worked extensively with him on multiple games over multiple seasons and he's as thorough and precise as you get.

If you do yourself the favor of playing with that set verbatim, including the differentials between main profile penalty settings and in-CFM penalty settings for 8 games, you'll be blown away.

The tell with this set is that all the little stats are right, and the animations are fantastic. The big stats will all be right as well, but the overall feel is the most organic and true to ratings I've seen.

And a lot of the results stem from the kinds of insights Kalib's thread draws attention to--the hidden math that makes the game tick. It's absolutely there, it's been there for generations, and learning how to manipulate it is the difference between being able to play one season before quitting and being able to play the game year round.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #30
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Very interesting. I would like too know more.

I ****ing knew awareness matter for user controlled players.

For instance, HUM QBA AWR determines the "Team AWR" of the CPU defense...

Plug in a game where an elite starts and there's a lot of big windows to pass and run...

Sub in the 2nd / 3rd stringer and those windows get really small...

When you run the ball:

"The smarter your HB is the dumber the defenders are" as well as the inverse...

If it results in more BTK, it's not because AWR increases their TRK rating, or nerfs the tackling...it's because the CPU is taking worse angles on a "smarter" runner...

There's a lot more to it than that, but those are the broad strokes...

Also: to build on TM's suggestion re: my set...

Sliders / Penalty Settings / Gameplay Options / Auto Subs and setting the players correctly in your scheme menu for your team AS WELL AS the CPU, really makes the game shine...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 12-09-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
For instance, HUM QBA AWR determines the "Team AWR" of the CPU defense...

Plug in a game where an elite starts and there's a lot of big windows to pass and run...

Sub in the 2nd / 3rd stringer and those windows get really small...

When you run the ball:

"The smarter your HB is the dumber the defenders are" as well as the inverse...

If it results in more BTK, it's not because AWR increases their TRK rating, or nerfs the tackling...it's because the CPU is taking worse angles on a "smarter" runner...

There's a lot more to it than that, but those are the broad strokes...
God damn! I had hints of this being the case years ago, glad I'm not crazy. It makes complete sense, you can't handicap a low awareness player that's controlled by a human. So why not make the defense play better instead?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 06:24 PM   #32
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Good stuff khaliib. Glad to see you opening up this like you did on Ncaa 14. Always enjoy your detailed explanation. Keep it up.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
twitch broadcast name: tdawg3782
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »