Home

Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play

This is a discussion on Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 03:57 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Madden: A Look Inside for CFM Play

Awesome thread. Lots of interesting nuggets.

I'm short on time right now, so just quickly, anything at all about how auto subs work in CFM and what they actually effect?
Old 12-15-2015, 02:02 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
12/14 Update
A) Injuries (as a Modifier)
1) Players ratings are "negatively" affected and do not come back at the same levels.
- how much "weight" applied to decrease and/or what specific ratings are targeted are unknown.
I'm a little confused by this...when you say "come back" do you mean the in-game decision where you choose whether or not to rest somebody until they're fully recovered? Or are you saying that players even take a ratings hit after returning from long-term injury? If it's the latter...wow.

Quote:
B) If you want a greater twist added to your CFM, increase the Injury Slider
- types of injuries are expanded
- Toughness and Injury Ratings need to be considered when drafting a player that might be a starter.

C) Trainers are "VERY" important dealing with injuries
- they dictate "how much" if an decrease a player will suffer once returned to play.
- not many "Elite" level Trainers to minimize negative impact on ratings.
- signing an Elite Trainer will make it difficult to sign an Elite Scout or better coach (for owners) at the same time.
Yeah, I've tried this at 100 and it's crazy. Not quite as ridiculous as you'd think if you look at a real-life weekly injury list (like this: http://www.nfl.com/injuries), but the QB's unfortunately seem to be made of glass - and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Dallas fan and am so familiar with Romo. In the CFM I was messing around with that setting in I think both QB's at least got temporarily injured at some point in all 5 games I played. I definitely saw a wider range of injuries in that time though - obviously it wasn't all broken collarbones for the QB's since they were only missing parts of games for the most part.

Any idea why OL seems almost impervious injuries in-game, but it's fine in the sim?

Thanks again, keep the great info coming.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Wow thanks for all this great information, probably the best thread I have read on here. Looking forward to getting home and trying some of this stuff out.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:55 AM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Any idea why OL seems almost impervious injuries in-game, but it's fine in the sim?
I've always thought that there is likely something tied to the animations that play out. Notice how the only injuries are after a player tackles or gets tackled? OL are never on the end of this unless there's a turnover, so the animation which has a "risk of injury" never triggers for them.

Obviously this is just speculation, but seeing how many of the rating are specific to animation triggers, I feel pretty confident this is the case.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:55 PM   #61
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

A couple of clarifying questions:

Regarding draft busts coming from big schools, does this imply that there are other factors beyond development trait that influence future player success, or is this saying that big schools produce a lot of slow dev players?

Regarding trainers, do they improve anything else beyond ratings regression after injuries? For example, maybe The rate at which older players lose their speed & other physical ratings?
Old 12-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'm a little confused by this...when you say "come back" do you mean the in-game decision where you choose whether or not to rest somebody until they're fully recovered? Or are you saying that players even take a ratings hit after returning from long-term injury? If it's the latter...wow.

Yeah, I've tried this at 100 and it's crazy. Not quite as ridiculous as you'd think if you look at a real-life weekly injury list (like this: http://www.nfl.com/injuries), but the QB's unfortunately seem to be made of glass - and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Dallas fan and am so familiar with Romo. In the CFM I was messing around with that setting in I think both QB's at least got temporarily injured at some point in all 5 games I played. I definitely saw a wider range of injuries in that time though - obviously it wasn't all broken collarbones for the QB's since they were only missing parts of games for the most part.

Thanks again, keep the great info coming.
Yes the latter for the first part.
It's noted that a Trainers Level will impact how much of a ratings decrease a player will take when coming back from an injury.

I too did the 100 setting, from an Owners perspective, it really adds to this particular mode, but playing the games more from Coach mode will require the setting to be lowered some.

Dealing with the OL, I would say the issue is that injuries are tied into Hit Power rating and with OL not involved with tackling, they lack that aspect of the programming that's use to determine likelihood of an injury occurring (my best guess!!!)
Old 12-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyPirates
A couple of clarifying questions:

Regarding draft busts coming from big schools, does this imply that there are other factors beyond development trait that influence future player success, or is this saying that big schools produce a lot of slow dev players?

Regarding trainers, do they improve anything else beyond ratings regression after injuries? For example, maybe The rate at which older players lose their speed & other physical ratings?
I wouldn't say a determinate for success, but a player could have all the tools (i.e. J. Russell), but start to regress even with good playing stats and/or Superstar Dev Trait to give us the perception of a player being a "bust".

The "Bust" factor is a great wrinkle to the draft because it's hidden from the gamer knowing.
You can invest in a player and build him up for the future, only for him to crash-n-burn on you year 4, 5 or 6.
Even worst, he becomes a fan favorite, which his jersey sales brings in extra revenue to your team, and now it's gone.

Again, something most gamers have never really considered to be part of their CFM.

From what I've read, AGE is a modifier for regression also.
How much I couldn't say.
32 (if I remember correctly) is the peak age that the Career Phase transitions to "decline" and ratings start to dip.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:03 PM   #64
Just started!

"35-40 is the "Poor" AWR level for all positions.
75 is the max AWR listed for Elite HB's. "

So would you say 75 is base line for all positions or is HB just the lowest max awr? Anything over 75 for hb is wasting xp then?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »