Home

Two questions re: CFM (camera, characters)

This is a discussion on Two questions re: CFM (camera, characters) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2015, 03:44 AM   #1
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

OVR: 0
Two questions re: CFM (camera, characters)

I apologize if this has been asked. I recently got a PS4 and have been enjoying Madden. But two questions have cropped up during CFM:

1. Once I've created a character, can I "deselect" that character without retiring him? For example, say I want to add Christian McCaffrey to my game in 2018. I would create a new character, choose player, etc. Once I've done that, is there a way to make him just another CPU player or do I have to either retire him or set him to auto-pilot? Same thing with owners. I want to move the Rams to LA, but once that's done I don't want them to be a user team anymore. Do I have to just retire Kroenke?

And on that note, can I create players without having to create new characters (within the CFM)?

2. Is there a way to change the annoying camera when playing as a RB? Specifically on pass plays. Once the QB throws the ball, the camera swings around to show me the front of my character, meanwhile I have no way to see what's going on downfield.

Thanks in advance, and again, sorry if these questions have been addressed.
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal

Last edited by WeWereGiants; 12-20-2015 at 03:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2016, 10:08 PM   #2
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Two questions re: CFM (camera, characters)

did you ever figure the question out about deselecting a character? I wanted to add a couple of players but want to run the teams as coach but when you switch they are off your roster. I asked this in a thread and was locked, asked in the QA thread and nobody will answer....
Old 02-15-2016, 06:06 AM   #3
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm not sure about players, but if you retire coaches who are already existing, they will stay with the team. However, if you create a coach and then retire, he will be gone. I haven't tried this for owners or just players but I would imagine it would be the same way.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:00 AM   #4
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
did you ever figure the question out about deselecting a character? I wanted to add a couple of players but want to run the teams as coach but when you switch they are off your roster. I asked this in a thread and was locked, asked in the QA thread and nobody will answer....
Answered in Q/A
Old 02-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #5
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWit28725
I'm not sure about players, but if you retire coaches who are already existing, they will stay with the team. However, if you create a coach and then retire, he will be gone. I haven't tried this for owners or just players but I would imagine it would be the same way.
If you retire an owner, created or existing, that team will be locked out from being an owner again permanently. The only way around this is if it is an online CFM, have a friend join the league, pick the owner of the team you are locked out as and then retire them. This frees them back up for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2016, 08:07 AM   #6
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWereGiants
I apologize if this has been asked. I recently got a PS4 and have been enjoying Madden. But two questions have cropped up during CFM:

1. Once I've created a character, can I "deselect" that character without retiring him? For example, say I want to add Christian McCaffrey to my game in 2018. I would create a new character, choose player, etc. Once I've done that, is there a way to make him just another CPU player or do I have to either retire him or set him to auto-pilot? Same thing with owners. I want to move the Rams to LA, but once that's done I don't want them to be a user team anymore. Do I have to just retire Kroenke?

And on that note, can I create players without having to create new characters (within the CFM)?
You can have one character per team, whether that be coach, player or owner. If they are a created owner or coach, retiring them will delete them. If they are existing then they will stay with their teams and not disappear. See above for retiring an owner (you can still create or select a player or coach on a team that you are locked out of as an owner though). If you want a created player to be available as a coach or owner you have to create them before loading the roster to CFM.

So yes, move the LA Rams and then retire Kroenke. You will be locked out from being Kroenke again but if you don't care then no harm done.

No you can't create players mid-season (or after beginning CFM) and have them stick around to sign or draft. I remember this feature back in the days of Madden 2000...

Last edited by Mattanite; 02-15-2016 at 08:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »