Home

Players slower than speed rating

This is a discussion on Players slower than speed rating within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5
Players slower than speed rating

I'm playing in an online franchise on PS4. The league was started before all the major patches were released. I've drafted MLB's in the first round for the past 2 seasons. The first MLB has 86 speed, 88 accel, 87 agility and 84 pursuit. I'm not sure what else goes into how fast a player moves on the field but he's so slow that I can't play with him. The player I drafted to replace him has 83 speed, 89 accel, 85 agility and 89 pursuit and he's maybe a little faster than the other guy. Has anyone else noticed players running much slower than their speed rating suggests they should run?

PSN:FrshOutaBubblGum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2015, 02:50 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Players slower than speed rating

whats their fatigue rating?
Old 12-30-2015, 03:18 PM   #3
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

The faster LB has 95 stamina and the other has 87 stamina.
It's extremely noticeable they are running slow and it's in drills, beginning of the game, middle of the game and end of game. They just don't run what their rating says. If I had to give them a speed rating I'd give about a 70 instead of 86 and 73 instead of 83.

PSN:FrshOutaBubblGum
Old 12-30-2015, 03:57 PM   #4
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

If you've usered both players and feel that way, the only thing I could think of is the speed parity? I've played at 0 and 20 and used Shazier, Kendricks, Hightower. They felt like the fastest freaking player on the field.

I'm certain those listed are more athletic than yours, but the speed parity may be worth noting.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:53 AM   #5
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigsooie3
I'm playing in an online franchise on PS4. The league was started before all the major patches were released. I've drafted MLB's in the first round for the past 2 seasons. The first MLB has 86 speed, 88 accel, 87 agility and 84 pursuit. I'm not sure what else goes into how fast a player moves on the field but he's so slow that I can't play with him. The player I drafted to replace him has 83 speed, 89 accel, 85 agility and 89 pursuit and he's maybe a little faster than the other guy. Has anyone else noticed players running much slower than their speed rating suggests they should run?
You should check the ''speed threshold''. I've only felt the phantom slow down, but more so on offensive players.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2015, 04:12 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigsooie3
I had the same type of issue recently...I was using a LB in coverage and he seemed really really slow, so I checked his speed/ACC both 85+ but he was getting smoked by a TE that was much slower than him. (73 spd).
Old 12-31-2015, 10:08 PM   #7
Rookie

westwood's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb4056
I had the same type of issue recently...I was using a LB in coverage and he seemed really really slow, so I checked his speed/ACC both 85+ but he was getting smoked by a TE that was much slower than him. (73 spd).
ya i see this all the time.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:32 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

If you are usering him and that is how you notice the problem, it may be due to true step.

I'm pretty sure that only user controlled players have this limitation (realistic movement).
Let me google it real quick

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »