Home

Madden: Replicating Real Life (Next Gen)

This is a discussion on Madden: Replicating Real Life (Next Gen) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #17
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden: Replicating Real Life (Next Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I agree with lots of what's on the list.

It appears that ST will be a focus going forward. I'm happy to see that. I always cut my LS because there's no point in having one in Madden, but I'd love for there to be a real incentive to keep a guy like John Condo on the roster.

I'd also like to see Madden find some way of distinguishing guys who excel at return defense on ST. APF had a Special Teams Demon trait, I think, and while I don't know if this ability needs to be a trait, I do think there should be some incentive to carry 1-2 guys aside from your snapper whose major contribution is on ST--whether these are WR, RB, or a defensive position.

I'm not sure if the ability to pursue and tackle on ST is actually a separate skill set when it comes to defensive players. Maybe anyone who can start on an NFL defense can dominate on special teams, IDK.

But for offensive players, the ability to dominate in return defense is definitely a distinctive quality.

Along with ST, I'd like to see the ability to save, export, and display via a web interface as much statistical data about my franchise as I want. I'd like the game itself to supply the ability to track the history of my offline CFM from top to bottom and to share that information with friends who are interested in talking with each other about their franchise experience.
To add to this, LS is a position all on it's own. It needs to be in the game as a separate position. Though many of the players that play that position also played other positions (like TE, FB, WR-Kwazi Leverette was a WR at Syracuse who long snaps at 6'1"-200lbs, DE, DT, LB, etc) they are still referred to as long snappers on most team directories and are not referred to as having a primary position otherwise. These "hybird" players need their own position group for the first time in Madden. They do matter.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 01-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #18
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
Do we, the fans, even really care if they use the real-life tattoos though? I mean, it would be nice of course but even using random tattoos is going to be good enough for 99% of us. It's an improvement, if not a perfect solution.
I don't care, but knowing what the NFLPA, NFL and EA position is to be on the level, I'm not sure how they would want to proceed from there.

EA has been sued by tattoo artist, former pro football players and former collegiate athletes. At some point, I would think EA is thinking no more lawsuits.(even if they are fake some tattoo artist could claim it's close to theirs)
Old 01-04-2016, 04:31 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't care, but knowing what the NFLPA, NFL and EA position is to be on the level, I'm not sure how they would want to proceed from there.

EA has been sued by tattoo artist, former pro football players and former collegiate athletes. At some point, I would think EA is thinking no more lawsuits.(even if they are fake some tattoo artist could claim it's close to theirs)
Is the bolded really true, though? If it were true, wouldn't there really only be one artist in the entire world who is allowed to make a butterfly tattoo, a heart, a whatever?

That's not meant to be a sarcastic comment by any means, I just don't know the answer. Logically, it doesn't seem like the artist could sue for something like this.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #20
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
Is the bolded really true, though? If it were true, wouldn't there really only be one artist in the entire world who is allowed to make a butterfly tattoo, a heart, a whatever?

That's not meant to be a sarcastic comment by any means, I just don't know the answer. Logically, it doesn't seem like the artist could sue for something like this.
Anything further on the topic and I am entering in territory I don't know much about.

What I do know is that EA has been sued left/right and up and down and the NFLPA and probably EA don't want to take any chances.

If tattoos make a comeback at some point, fake or not, that would be great.

Last edited by roadman; 01-04-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #21
Pro

You will never see blood or off field transgressions leading to suspension. Ea and the nfl will never give up the rated e for everyone.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
You will never see blood or off field transgressions leading to suspension. Ea and the nfl will never give up the rated e for everyone.

Good point.Thats why you cant charge the mound in MLB the show. I read that they used to have a cutscene where the batter after being beened stared down the pitcher and what not but they took it out to get the e rating.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:38 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:

Very good point, I agree with that perspective.

Sent from da lil phone.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:

You realize that MLB Slugfest had an option where you could punch a guy in his nether regions and people getting lit on fire and it was still rated E right? So they can have off field or on field transgressions that could lead to suspensions. The NFLPA probably doesn't want it though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »