Home

Here's a wish you rarely see - Less presentation!

This is a discussion on Here's a wish you rarely see - Less presentation! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #9
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Here's a wish you rarely see - Less presentation!

Do cut scenes = background loading?

Several times a game, like everyone has said, there are un-skippable presentation scenes that don't even look that great anyway. There are even fade to silent black screens. All of this takes away from the immersion, completely destroys it. If there was any part of the game that could use a hard stop to put more resources into other areas, it is definitely presentation.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #10
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Starting with Madden NFL 16, there's a "quick presentation" setting for Play Now games, and online head-to-head games by default minimize the frequency of presentation elements to avoid desyncs.

I don't know off the top of my head if the quick presentation option is available for Franchise. If that's not there, bringing in that option into Franchise mode would certainly be valuable to gamers who are pressed for time.
Old 01-08-2016, 01:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandabear218
I'm with you for the exact same reasons. I have on more than a few occasions picked a random play hitting X trying to speed things along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This times a thousand! At least in previous versions, you had time to stop smashing A/X because it would always start in the screen where you pick a formation. Now they have it set up to where you plays are the first thing you see, so if you press A/X it picks a play you likely didn't want. I hate that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Starting with Madden NFL 16, there's a "quick presentation" setting for Play Now games, and online head-to-head games by default minimize the frequency of presentation elements to avoid desyncs.

I don't know off the top of my head if the quick presentation option is available for Franchise. If that's not there, bringing in that option into Franchise mode would certainly be valuable to gamers who are pressed for time.
Yeah, Quick presentation in Play Now is basically the same package you get in Online head to head play, I believe. And you're right, there's no way to switch to it in Franchise.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:09 PM   #13
Rookie

KeanuReevesRules's Arena

OVR: 0

I just wish there was a halftime show for me to see and hear about other teams and players. Don't give me the highlights from my own game... I know what happened... I was there and I am still there currently!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2016, 03:06 PM   #14
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm with you... sort of.

I want the presentation. I want it all there. I love the immersion of it.

However, that being said... I also want the ability to turn it off to play a quick game, or see a limited version of it. Sometimes I'm just in for a quick game.

I remember MLB2k Series... there were the options for presentation. None, Quick, Limited, full or something like that.

Give me that, and I'm happy.

NHL does it well too like someone else said, it's all there by default, but with the click of a button, it's gone and I can breeze through a game. When I have more time to play, I let it roll out like the broadcast and just enjoy it. I want the option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »