Home

I want franchise mode back...#BringMYLeagueToMadden

This is a discussion on I want franchise mode back...#BringMYLeagueToMadden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:18 AM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: I want franchise mode back...#BringMYLeagueToMadden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
dont need to look at madden 17 wishlist thread, every iteration of madden has threads - what was missing that we want or things that werent in that previously were

i get tired of asking for formation subs, rfa, different franchise tags etc. all the things that are in the game that affect a franchise and it's roster every year. i know they have said its a point of emphasis but until it happens for franchise im sceptical, despite Rex being forthcoming etc. because of prior experience with ea saying one thing and producing another. they want to sell units and that means catering to the online or non franchise player because thats splashy when its launched. OS franchise players want a game where the detail is in there, especially seeing as prior maddens, ncaas, hco6 and hc09 have had 90% of this functionality previously
I get your reservations about "the past EA", but can you really say that about Rex and present company?

Two years ago he was interviewed and was asked about WR/DB interactions and the lack of PI penalties. He didn't give a time table for WR/DB interactions but said it was a point of emphasis. He said if PI wasn't in Madden 15, it will be in Madden 16.

Both items were in Madden 16. The team has been aggressive with more patches this year than the past.

My point is, Rex and his team should be given the benefit of the doubt up to this point, until we are proven wrong.

At this time, it's just wait and see mode.

Last edited by roadman; 01-06-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:57 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ok, I get your reservations about "the past EA", but can you really say that about Rex and present company?

Two years ago he was interviewed and was asked about WR/DB interactions and the lack of PI penalties. He didn't give a time table for WR/DB interactions but said it was a point of emphasis. He said if PI wasn't in Madden 15, it will be in Madden 16.

Both items were in Madden 16. The team has been aggressive with more patches this year than the past.

My point is, Rex and his team should be given the benefit of the doubt up to this point, until we are proven wrong.

Waiting is a good and all but if EA had competition than things would definitely get better soon in all game modes. Why did the NFL go Communist and only have 1 large company produce football games. Lame. I wish more nfl fans were nfl video game players or this lockout from competition would be solved by now.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer
Waiting is a good and all but if EA had competition than things would definitely get better soon in all game modes. Why did the NFL go Communist and only have 1 large company produce football games. Lame. I wish more nfl fans were nfl video game players or this lockout from competition would be solved by now.
You are preaching about something that

A) I don't disagree with

B) A subject that has been mentioned several hundred times and usually brings out beating horse gifs which leads to closed threads.

C) The waiting is 5 months away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 11:14 AM   #12
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Ok, I get your reservations about "the past EA", but can you really say that about Rex and present company?

I am not sure if I am quite ready to give Rex and his team the benefit of the doubt...

As of now, I feel the only reason they have been aggressive with patches is because they sold an incomplete product. When they sold a game and then had to say dont play certain aspects of that game, they were not doing a good thing, so how can I possibly give them credit for fixing their broke game a month after release? That doesnt go into the A column. That is more like an F+.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:28 AM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by althor
I am not sure if I am quite ready to give Rex and his team the benefit of the doubt...

As of now, I feel the only reason they have been aggressive with patches is because they sold an incomplete product. When they sold a game and then had to say dont play certain aspects of that game, they were not doing a good thing, so how can I possibly give them credit for fixing their broke game a month after release? That doesnt go into the A column. That is more like an F+.
I agree with you on the first patch, but still, 5 patches since the game came out plus a tuning update is more than previous versions.

And the game between the goal post plays a good game of football. I still haven't stopped playing and usually by November, I'm out.

And if anyone doesn't feel Rex and team shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt, that's fine.

Last edited by roadman; 01-06-2016 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:49 AM   #14
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0

^ I agree, Roadman, I enjoy playing the game. I am one of those that would love to see EA spend a year updating this and getting it as close to flawless as possible before moving to the next Madden. I am fine with paying 25 bucks or something to get roster (and coaching) updates in August and have the following season of roster, upgrades, patches updates. That gives them a lot more time to get the next Madden release day ready.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #15
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Lock

No ban

Beating a dead horse here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »