Home

Tips on stopping QB from retiring too early. Brady, Palmer...

This is a discussion on Tips on stopping QB from retiring too early. Brady, Palmer... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Tips on stopping QB from retiring too early. Brady, Palmer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
That's a fairly good point! I guess the question how to stop someone from retiring at all at any point. Like an option to convince them NOT to retire at least one time.

I guess Brady and Palmer's cases are noticeable because both are playing at their highest level & winning so that could/should be a modifier to entice them to keep playing.
You can unlock the retirement package for your coach at certain positions. While it doesn't give you 100% chance they'll be back for an extra year, it still gives you better odds.
Old 01-09-2016, 04:08 PM   #10
Pro

Save your franchise before advancing from season to off season. That's typically when they retire. Buy the retirement trait and try your luck. Seems to be a bit random so a few reloads maybe required

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2016, 10:43 PM   #11
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

You actually need to save before the final game of the season for whichever player you want to keep. So if you know your missing the playoffs save before you play/sim your last game, if in the playoffs save before each game. Then as stated you may need to re-load your franchise and keep going to the offseason until they stick around(obviously need the coach trait to convince them not to retire. With brady I know its about 50-50 he retires after 1st year but by doing what I mentioned I was able to keep him. Hoping I can keep him a second time for one last superbowl run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2016, 11:16 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Honestly EA needs to fix this going forward. They have several players retiring way too young and those retirement packages don't help at all. What really blows my mind is several of these players like Brady, Eli, Romo, Peterson have already said they plan on playing for several seasons more. And yet they almost always retire one season or at the most two seasons into franchise mode.

And for those saying younger guys don't retire that is not true. I won back to back SBs in a new Falcons franchise and Matt Ryan retired at 32 on me. THIRTY TWO and he retires. This guy would have at least four to six more seasons in him in real life.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #13
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

They need to also fix the teams that trade away or release the young qb's... I'm in yr 3 of my cfm and teams like raiders, jags,skins who all have young qb's have replaced them with rookie qb's...and out of the 32 teams there's only 11 with qb's who are starting for teams this yr.

Only big names left are brees, luck, Wilson, Rodgers, Newton, Stafford, Ryan's, flacco.

So that's 8 qb's out of the 32 starting now so they saying in 2 yrs half leagues starting qb's are gonna retire and some even left in second season which means some of them will leave next yr and I haven't heard anything like that from any qb's in real NFL.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:52 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 6

yea that is my biggest problem I see year in year out. The young backups that are being groomed for the retirements of brady and manning and others are all released or traded year 1.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:35 AM   #15
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

This worked for Madden 15 so you might want to try it for 16 too...

Before advancing to offseason, select the player you don't want to retire as a player/franchise. Then advance to offseason and ignore the "retire player" prompt until week 1 of the preseason, retire the franchise player then and a message will come up saying "X player has mysteriously returned to the game".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2016, 10:23 PM   #16
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
This worked for Madden 15 so you might want to try it for 16 too...

Before advancing to offseason, select the player you don't want to retire as a player/franchise. Then advance to offseason and ignore the "retire player" prompt until week 1 of the preseason, retire the franchise player then and a message will come up saying "X player has mysteriously returned to the game".
Any confirmation on this for '16?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »