Home

Block Shed / What makes a Run Stopper?

This is a discussion on Block Shed / What makes a Run Stopper? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2016, 09:08 PM   #9
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Block Shed / What makes a Run Stopper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
I'm usually in a Cover 1 when anticipating run, and it works for the most part. My LB's will make plays often enough. My problem is that my DT's don't do anything and I'd like to feel like there's value to the position in the game, especially with some of the premier DT's in the league. I'm not expecting 10 tackles a game or anytyhing unrealistic. I'd just like to see them get off blocks and impact a play a few times a game.

I will have to check for the High Motor trait to see which ones have it, but most of these guys have pretty high BSH, PRC and STR already.

Thanks for the replies so far guys.
If you're having success otherwise and just looking for a DT to be an impact guy then you have to look at a few ratings together and understand how they modify one another. You've mentioned your DT's having high strength and block shed ratings but what about others like power moves?

A high block shed rating is going to work a lot better with a guy that at least has high power moves.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Block Shed / What makes a Run Stopper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saybur
I'm trying to determine what it takes to make a DT a real run stopping force. Maybe it's sliders? Maybe a combination of ratings that I'm overlooking?

I've had various "elite" DT's, most with Str, BS and Tackle in the 90's, but they still seem to never, ever, get off of blocks to impact a run play. The only time I see them shed a block is when the runner is already 4 yards past the line of scrimmage. It's just taking them too long.

Throughout my months playing various franchises I've had Ngata(several times, always FA), Atkins, Wilfork, Harrison, Hankins, Poe, etc.. same results with all of them.

What am I missing? Can anyone help me out here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMH8J1Sd2h8

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »