Home

The Rams Are Officially Home Madden 17 will Be Welcoming the Los Angeles Rams!

This is a discussion on The Rams Are Officially Home Madden 17 will Be Welcoming the Los Angeles Rams! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2016, 10:40 PM   #17
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Rams Are Officially Home Madden 17 will Be Welcoming the Los Angeles Rams!

Hmm... I decided to use the basic traditional stadium in my relocation because I thought it made more sense than to spend a lot more money on the nicer one considering how old the coliseum is even if it has been worked on recently.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:29 PM   #18
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Rams Are Officially Home Madden 17 will Be Welcoming the Los Angeles Rams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
You can't choose the color scheme of the midfield logo and end zone in M16, so if you feature the Dickerson-era uniforms, you'll have the putrid STL colors on the field.

I relocated STL to LA in the Deluxe Futuristic stadium (not the weird bubble but the one just prior to it) in a test CFM and I actually liked the look of that stadium better than the Deluxe Coliseum look, personally. Plus, the Futuristic design looks more like the Inglewood drawings that have been circulated in the concept phase.

If all they do is get the Coliseum right next year and give us the ability to match on-field artwork to our chosen uniforms, I'll be happy.
Does the color scheme of the stadium change based on the team -- like the logos on the field, the seats, etc.? It's been a while since I re-located a team, but when I did, I wasn't feeling it. The stadium felt too neutral.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:16 AM   #19
Rookie

Old School Fool's Arena

OVR: 1

EA probably doesn't have to work too hard to get the LA Coliseum in the game. It will be like TCF Bank Stadium, ripped straight from the NCAA game with added modifications.

Last edited by Old School Fool; 01-14-2016 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:32 AM   #20
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Does the color scheme of the stadium change based on the team -- like the logos on the field, the seats, etc.? It's been a while since I re-located a team, but when I did, I wasn't feeling it. The stadium felt too neutral.
All field logos will be just like it was while at St. Louis but the walls and seats are a generic color, blue and black I believe.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:57 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I need to look at the finer details such as seating, etc.

All I noticed in the quick test was the midfield and end zone art.

I doubt the relocation stadiums have as much character and nuance as real stadiums. This is probably an area where the Madden artwork team can become more dynamic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2016, 05:34 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
As an Angeleno, I'm excited to see the Rams back in LA. They have the longest history with the city of any NFL team (50 years, I think).

I really hope they go with the Dickerson-era blue and gold.

I'm not crazy about Kroenke, but am happy nonetheless.
I wouldn't be crazy about him either. As a St. Louisian, I feel betrayed by him. In 2010 he gave an interview where he said that he was a Missourian and that people know him and his word was good and he could be trusted and that he would keep the Rams in St. Louis. I don't fully blame him as business is business. But we the fans did not fail the Rams, they sucked for a long time.

I also blame the CVC who controlled the Edward Jones dome, they failed the Rams and the fans, allowing the Rams to get out of that ridiculous contract.

I just hope that in Madden 17 I can relocate the Rams back to the Lou, which I would do after about 7-10 seasons.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:41 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor_Selassie
I wouldn't be crazy about him either. As a St. Louisian, I feel betrayed by him. In 2010 he gave an interview where he said that he was a Missourian and that people know him and his word was good and he could be trusted and that he would keep the Rams in St. Louis. I don't fully blame him as business is business. But we the fans did not fail the Rams, they sucked for a long time.

I also blame the CVC who controlled the Edward Jones dome, they failed the Rams and the fans, allowing the Rams to get out of that ridiculous contract.

I just hope that in Madden 17 I can relocate the Rams back to the Lou, which I would do after about 7-10 seasons.
Yeah, I didn't realize y'all had the Rams for 20 years. That's a big loss for the fans. I remember when the Rams left for STL when I was in HS, but it hadn't really hit me that they'd been gone 2 decades when I first heard the news.

I can see how fans would be jaded by the whole thing. I heard Kroenke didn't really invest in the community, which I think all teams should do, so maybe the dude is just out for his and LA will get screwed again in another 20 years if he still has the team.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #24
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Fool
EA probably doesn't have to work too hard to get the LA Coliseum in the game. It will be like TCF Bank Stadium, ripped straight from the NCAA game with added modifications.

I think that's much easier said than done.

It's a similar situation that EA had to handle with Minnesota while they wait for their stadium to built...I don't doubt they'll build the LA coliseum in time for next year's release.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »