Home

Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures

This is a discussion on Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2016, 05:04 PM   #1
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0

I played all EA Sports games throughout the years and it seems like all the teams play like one another when going against the CPU. Imagine playing story mode in a video game and all the bosses have the same moves, same A.I. and you know how they are going to attack/defend you? That is how I feel when I play against CPU in Madden. It's also the same thing on FIFA, NHL, and NBA LIVE where all the teams play like each other. This is why I am starting to think this is an EA thing and not just Madden.

Is this hard to fix or is it because the developers don't know too much about the teams? Signature team "play style" is a feature we wanted for years in every EA Sports titles including Madden and we are yet to have it.

Please don't take this as a knock EA and I know how sensitive some Mods can be when we mention EA a certain way so I am not going to go that route. I just want to read people's opinion on this and hopefully someone can relay the message to the boys at EA/Tiburon on how to improve our experience when playing against CPU.

Last edited by SeaTownGamer; 06-23-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 05:09 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Is It An EA Thing? Let's Talk Team Specific Playing Styles And Signatures

I know I didn't feel that way at all with Madden 16.

With a few slider adjustments in the penalty area and other areas, the games felt like their counter parts.

Out of the box, I would agree with you.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:14 PM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

It is something we're continuing to press them on. Live was a little bit better for 16 but not quite there yet. I'd say the same about 17 from my time with it through EA Play.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:19 PM   #4
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
It is something we're continuing to press them on. Live was a little bit better for 16 but not quite there yet. I'd say the same about 17 from my time with it through EA Play.

Mr Price, in 17 do teams at least try and use their star players. Like do the Cowboys throw towards Dez more than the other WRs. Do the Vikings run AP more than pass?. Stuff like that.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:26 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

I think what makes this difficult is the passage of time in-franchise. The Patriots throw way more than they run, but what happens when Tom Brady retires in real life? How about when Belichick retires (he's not even in the game)? It's very possible they will become a more multi-dimensional team. But in Madden, if the Pats were programmed to select more passing plays than running plays, by year 4 it could look pretty weird depending on who's on their roster. If that makes sense.

I'd LOVE for teams to play more like their counterparts...I'm just not sure how you program that sort of thing for some teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 05:36 PM   #6
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
I played all EA Sports games throughout the years and it seems like all the teams play like one another when going against the CPU. Imagine playing story mode in a video game and all the bosses have the same moves, same A.I. and you know how they are going to attack/defend you? That is how I feel when I play against CPU in Madden. It's also the same thing on FIFA, NHL, and NBA LIVE where all the teams play like each other. This is why I am starting to think this is an EA thing and not just Madden.

Is this hard to fix or is it because the developers don't know too much about the teams? Signature team "play style" is a feature we wanted for years in every EA Sports titles including Madden and we are yet to have it.

Please don't take this as a knock to EA and I know how sensitive some Mods can be when we mention EA a certain way so I am not going to go that route. I just want to read people's opinion on this and hopefully someone can relay the message to the boys at EA/Tiburon on how to improve our experience when playing against CPU.
Dead on! Check out this thread about teams playbooks.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...playbooks.html

It is fixable but a lot of work. Editing playbooks and most importantly situational star ratings in categories is the key to get teams to play more true to how they do irl. It also makes the CPU extremely fun and tough to play against. It's crazy they can fix this easily by what they already have in their game but it go's untouched. You see games like nba2k with real playbooks and a guy (da czar and OG) specifically working on real plays and playbooks for authenticity. EA is way behind in this area. I'm just really hoping we can set CPU teams with edited playbooks this year and share some playbooks that work this year!

As far as players playing like themselves EA is again way behind. No signature moves, etc but again editing ratings you can get guys to play more true to life with more spread out ratings.

Hopefully this is a focus moving forward!
Old 06-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Yep, wish they had a team member whose only job was to deal with plays, playbooks, and play calling. There's totally enough work to do for that person to be busy 24/7.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-23-2016, 06:46 PM   #8
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Mr Price, in 17 do teams at least try and use their star players. Like do the Cowboys throw towards Dez more than the other WRs. Do the Vikings run AP more than pass?. Stuff like that.

Too early to tell. Need lots of data samples to account for game situation, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »