Home

Post-play celebrations/taunts

This is a discussion on Post-play celebrations/taunts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2016, 04:53 AM   #9
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Post-play celebrations/taunts

Conan's hair plus a football helmet. Oh the humanity.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:39 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

both hands up is a touchdown

and being an englishman can i ask a follow on to the experts amongst our colonial friends

whats the difference between encroachment and offside, and when is unabated to the quarterback added

and a bonus question, 49ers vs ravens in sb. there was a possibility from the safety kick (i assume) that if it had been a fair catch, there can be a free kick, no snap unopposed? and that would have been a field goal?
Old 01-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #11
CSL
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
both hands up is a touchdown
I was being facetious

Quote:
whats the difference between encroachment and offside, and when is unabated to the quarterback
Encroachment is crossing the line of scrimmage before the play and touching a player, penalty is called before the play starts. You can be offside but the play will still start and the penalty is called after. I found this out years ago/when I was a kid because of Madden when I'd sometimes take a LB pre snap, run him around the offence/behind the QB and drill him as soon as the play started if I felt I was getting ****ed over by the CPU, getting blown out etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #12
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

OVR: 0

It would be cool to see Rodgers title belt celebration in the game, and Mariota's triple heart pat, or Drew Brees' hands in the air from the ground after he's been absolutely demolished by a d-lineman.

I'm surprised Madden does't implement the manual celebration like they do on FIFA, where the cutscene is controlled by you and you can control the player and what he does. That way, we can control our own excessive celebration penalties, and push the boundaries with three pumps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJb2iLvOKE)
Old 01-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #13
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Madden 09 had celebration zones after you scored a td. You had team celebrations and indvidual celebration options.
I would like to see more added in general. You seem them all in a fairly short amount of time so they repeat quite often.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
Old 01-16-2016, 10:50 AM   #14
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Rodgers belt celebration was in the following year. Normally, he only does it when he runs for a TD.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:01 AM   #15
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
whats the difference between encroachment and offside, and when is unabated to the quarterback added
Unabated to the QB is when a player comes offside without being touched by the OL (typically a wide edge rusher) and the refs blow the play dead immediately to protect the QB from taking a hard, unprotected hit. It's the same 5 yard penalty, it just stops the play then and there and denies the offense its free play.

Quote:
and a bonus question, 49ers vs ravens in sb. there was a possibility from the safety kick (i assume) that if it had been a fair catch, there can be a free kick, no snap unopposed? and that would have been a field goal?
Yes that's correct. If you fair catch a punt/kickoff, you can attempt a field goal from that spot with no rush or defense. But, it would have required a poor punt.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »